“Great Experience”

The Westin Westminster
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Westminster
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Spent 4 nights attending a conference at the hotel. My room, a double, was spacious and well appointed. The bed was great and everything worked. Why hotels still try to gouge business travelers for Internet access is still a mystery. My only complaint was the speed of food preparation in the Kachina Grill. Why does it take 18 minutes to prepare a simple American breakfast when there are only 3 people eating?

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Mike C, General Manager at The Westin Westminster, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Thank you for letting us know about your recent visit. I am pleased you enjoyed the room and bed. I am sorry you did not have a great experience in Kachina due to the wait for your breakfast. I appreciate your question and will be sure to forward it on to the Chef for his review. Thank you for the information. I hope we will have you as a guest during a future convention at our hotel.

There are newer reviews for The Westin Westminster

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Not all people sleep hot. A customer should be able to sleep as cool as needed. The air only went down to 65 (and never made it there - the governors did not allow). The comforters could have been very cozy, but were too hot for the room temp. The beds were advertised as "heavenly" and were not. The beds at La Quinta and Holiday Inn Express are more comfortable. So between the uncomfortable bed and the room being too hot we did not sleep for a full five night stay. Came home very exhausted and did not enjoy our family the last couple days. Also, I had booked an roll-in accessible room because we should not be taking a shower in a tub. When I arrived I told the young lady at check out that I did not need the roll in as long as they had rooms with "walk-in" showers. She said, "oh we have a couple of those we don't advertise" so she changed our rooms. Unfortunately the rooms were not "walk-in;" you had to take a shower in a tub. Great shower but scared we would slip!!!!! Next, the rooms we got said we could have breakfast in our "heavenly bed." We already established the bed was not heavenly, but also no breakfast in bed. Which we did not find out until I called down to ask how we order breakfast. Shouldn't the coupons have been given at check-in and then offered to bring to rooms - had to come down and get them and could only be used in their one restaurant with a very limited menu and coupons limited it even more. There was to be champagne and chocolate covered strawberries delivered upon arrival. The champagne did not come up to room for about three or more hours and since we were gone we could not even enjoy that night. My roommate had put her "do not disturb sign out" so she did not get hers. The next day we had to call three times before it was brought up. The lobby could have been a little cooler - I only say this because when it got warmer in there, the gas smell from the fireplace was very strong. Never did find on the TV where it told about the hotel and there was no literature in my room to enlighten me. So excuse if I think that the hotel had only one restaurant with a VERY limited menu and the Starbucks booth that closed way too early. The staff except for the ditzy girl that checked us in, was wonderful. Also, they offered the Green Choice which took care of Starbuck's run (although Starbucks stayed open for very limited hours so easy to miss). Would not stay here again - we booked "up" because we had had a stressful winter and needed some pampering. Way too expensive for what you get - internet is not free unless you sit in lobby. It is close to other fine restaurants and coffee houses if you want to leave and have a car or enjoy walking. The staff in the Kachina - their one very limited restaurant were wonderful. And the patio off the restaurant to sit and relax - very nice - facing the mountains and very comfortable. Our car waiting for us at check-out was a nice touch (we valet parked); however, check-out on TV was unavailable.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Mike C, General Manager at The Westin Westminster, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

I am very disappointed to read of your experience at our hotel. Our goal is to exceed our customer’s expectations and in most cases, we are successful. I am sorry we failed in this case. Please know that I have shared your experience with our team and am confident we will show the service and value our repeat customers have come to expect given a future opportunity. I look forward to speaking with you.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

The views are priceless and the staff really cares. We have a large home in Westminster, but not big enough to accommodate all of my husband's friends/customers during football season for CU in Boulder. So, we spend lots of time here in the Fall. Whomever CU is playing stays at this Westin. The best endorsement because they could choose anyplace.

S Churchman

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the Boulder Flatirons, wow.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Stephanie C

It is our pleasure to provide your extra bedrooms when company is in town. Thank you for your continued use of our hotel. We look forward to seeing you and your friends this fall.

Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for 5 nights for a conference and was very satisfied overall. The staff was friendly and accommodating; including bringing in a rollaway bed for one night when a colleague needed to stay in my room. The room was spacious, very clean, and well-maintained. Surrounding the hotel is the Westminster promenade which has many restaurants, a movie theater, all within easy walking distance. There is a nice gym and jacuzzi. Pool is a little small but functional. Overall, had no complaints and would definitely recommend if you need to be the Westminster area.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank savethejoints
Mike C, General Manager at The Westin Westminster, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Thank you for staying with us. I am pleased you enjoyed the facility and particularly the staff. I will enjoy passing on your comments and thanking them for their efforts. We look forward to again having you as our guest.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

Was just here for a smallish business conference. This hotel has some character in the design, rooms are fine, it has a very good southwestern restaurant and tequila bar (Kachina), but it's location is a bit odd, housekeeping was a bit laxadasical and the small lap pool was booked for large chunks of the morning for kids swimming lessons. That being said, front desk and bell staff were kind and attentive, you're not far from Boulder and the Rockies, and there is a fair amount of suburban mid-scale chain entertainment nearby (much of it within walking distance) if that's your thing. There is a nice set of running trails in a large non-hotel affiliated public sports complex adjacent to the property. It's a $75, 35 minute cab ride from the airport and $50, 25 minute ride to downtown Denver.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your review. While you seemed to enjoy many of the attributes at our hotel, I am disappointed to see that housekeeping did not exceed your expectations. I have shared your comment with our rooms’ team so they are aware of your thoughts. As for the swim lessons, this is a community partnership we participated in and will be ending in two weeks. I am sorry for any inconvenience it may have caused. On a positive note, I am glad you enjoyed the trails and Kachina. I hope you will choose to visit us when you are again in the area.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

I was here for a conference and had a great experience. The rooms and bathrooms were comfortable, nice and clean. Loved the Starwood extras of free water. The on site dinning was wonderful. The food and drinks were excellent. The staff was friendly and helpful. One of the best check staff I have had. I enjoyed walking the grounds. Movie and small entertainment center was close by. There was a nice walking. /running trails. But the best was the view from the room. Mountain views that were particularly wonderful at both sunrise and sunset.

Room Tip: ask fro moutain view
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for staying with us. Sounds like a great visit and I am pleased that you shared it. I am particularly glad to read that the mountains were clear. We are fortunate to have one of the best views available on a clear day. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

We stayed at the Westin Westminster for a wedding. We were immediately impressed by the grounds and the how friendly the staff was upon entering. Our room was clean and beds were so comfortable. It appeared that all the rooms had a pretty good view. The price was great too!

We ate breakfast at the restaurant in the hotel, it happened to be Mother's Day and it was extremely busy. The hostess was over stressed and a bit rude to awaiting people. We chose to sit on the patio since there was no wait. My son and I ended up sitting there for 15 to 20 mins before we were even greeted. A minute longer and we would have left. The server was nice and the food was very good. The menu options were very creative and had something to offer for everyone! My son loved his grilled PB&J. I also liked that the restaurant had a kid area for the kids to play and stay busy if they chose too.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again, maybe even for a couples get-away in the future.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay. I am sorry that the significant business level on Mother's Day created and inconvenience for you. I am thankful we made it to your table and the food exceeded your expectations. I appreciate your thoughts and hope we see you again for a couple’s getaway.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Westminster
Denver Marriott Westminster
Warwick Denver Hotel
#41 of 158 in Denver
Central Business District
Four Seasons Hotel Denver

Been to The Westin Westminster? Share your experiences!