“Good hotel but nothing more”

The Westin Westminster
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Westminster
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I had a fifth floor room for 2 nights but they put me in the corner, which made the room colder due to the very bad weather in Denver. The bathroom was very cold and not able to warm up. The room was small compared to other Westin.

The internet is one of the biggest rip-offs I've seen in a hotel; $11/day for near-dial-up speeds and $15 for high bandwidth. I have taken the $15 option but the streaming was very bad for this price.

The hottub was closed and the swimming pool was very noisy!

The front desk staff and the Starbucks staff were friendly and professional.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Mike C, General Manager at The Westin Westminster, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

I am sorry that you did not find the value that our repeat customers have come to enjoy. I appreciate your candid thoughts and will share them with our team for consideration. I am most disappointed in your internet experience. We provide a significant level of bandwidth to our guests which should provide a positive web surfing experience at either level. I am sorry it was not the case during your visit. On a positive note, I appreciate your kind words about the staff and will share these along with your concerns.

There are newer reviews for The Westin Westminster

Reviewed April 21, 2013

I'm a huge Starwood hotel traveler and have seen many of their hotels. While this is a nice hotel, it's not quite what I would have expected from a Westin and is a bit bland overall. Probably was expecting too much but would actually pick an Aloft or Element over this one because of the value.

Location: Good location. Views were not as fabulous as I would have expected.

Room: Needs to be refreshed a bit. Nothing exceptional. Clean. Functional. But not quite a Westin brand standard.

Bed: Comfortable Heavenly Bed.

Service: OK. Not exceptional. Parking for hotel is a trek and not very convenient. Average but nothing to complain about (or rave about)

Food options: Very good restaurant if you like Mexican food. If you want variety or healthier options... well there are restaurants within driving distance!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

I am disappointed to read that we did not meet your expectations during your recent visit. With that said, thank you for sharing your experience and thoughts. As a seasoned Starwood traveler, you bring insights that are very helpful and I appreciate your perspective. We can use your comments the make us better and given a future opportunity I hope we can exceed the controllable expectations you spoke of.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

We stayed here for two nights on a business trip. The staff was ultra friendly and the rooms were very clean and comfortable. The only draw back was there was a bad smell on the 8th floor where we were located. The smell did not sweep in to our room so we did not make a stink about it but it was unpleasant on the walk from the elevator to our room and back. It seemed to us that there was probably a drainage issue, possible for the service/laundry room.

Beside that, the room was great. We had a beautiful view with lots of snow in April. The restaurant down stairs was good. The pool area looks great, although we did not get time to use it on this trip. Maybe next time. The hot tub is located outside so it was closed due to the snow. The is a Starbuck's in the lobby, open until 2p.m. daily. Free valet if you need it. Also, there is a huge list of things they can supply you with if you have forgotten anything.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for sharing thoughts regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I am pleased you enjoyed the clean and comfortable room however I am disappointed in the issue you spoke about. While I am not sure what the cause of the issue was, I am happy to say that it is no longer present. I am sorry it was a distraction from what was otherwise a great visit. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Wow, this is the best 4-star SPG property I've stayed at to date and I'll tell you why you should pick this place if you're staying in the Westminster/Broomfield area.

Location: The hotel is located 40 mins from DIA, 15 minutes from The Rocky Mountain Metropolitan Airport and about 10-15 minutes from the major corporate campuses in Broomfield. The front desk has multiple check-in stations, so I wasn't waiting in line when I arrived.

The Room: Quiet, clean and very comfortable. The beds/pillows were all part of the Heavenly collection and so amazing I plan on buying a few of those pillows. The bathroom was basic, but the showers all have Speakman dual-head showers, very unique and nothing I've seen before.

Amenities: The gym is large and all of the equipment was not only newer, but also very clean. I ran every day and didn't have to wait for equipment. The hotel has an inside pool where you can swim laps and a hot tub outside. The lobby has a large fireplace and comfortable couches to hang out and people watch with a nice beverage. The lobby has a small Starbucks stand which opens at 6am each day. The baristas worked quickly and provided great service.

For food, I always seem to venture outside of a hotel, as I've never really like hotel restaurants...but Kachina is excellent! They had some of the best food I've tasted at a Westin property and the chef is very creative with the seasonal specials. Try any of the Navajo Tacos, The Texan was my favorite. Later at night, hit the bar for some drinks and conversation with fellow travelers. The bar-staff were all very personable and drinks were excellent!

This is an amazing property and I felt so at home walking through the front door. Whether you're traveling on business or for pleasure, make sure to book a room and experience this Westin.

1  Thank Audifanatic

Thank you for sharing your experience. Your review is a pleasure to read. I am glad we were able to make you feel at home from the moment you arrived. It is also great to read that you broke your tradition and chose to eat in the hotel. Kachina is not like a typical hotel restaurant and definitely worth trying out. I am glad you enjoyed it. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Location - The Westin is an imposing building in west minister and stands out from the parkway. I stayed for two nights late march visiting Denver, Colorado.

Check in - The Westin is a huge hotel and the check in as pretty quick. The parking area is quite huge and circles around the hotel. The concierge and the check in staff were very welcoming and helpful. The lobby was quite large and the upkeep of the hotel was top notch.

Room - The room was beautiful and I was on a higher floor looking onto the area. The room was excellently furnished with a nice table, superb bed, security lock box, big LCD TV and a nice storage area. The Internet was not complimentary but that is usually the case with higher end hotels when you buy the room at discounted rates. The bath was excellent too and had two shower heads with massive water pressure and top notch toiletries.

Promenade - There is a beautiful promenade around the area linking to a huge water area, bridges, restaurants, bowling area, ice skating rink and a movie theatre. This is just two minutes of walk from the hotel and is spell binding. Another two minutes of walk puts you to a big strip mall with all kinds of shops including target etc. This perk is itself worth the price for the hotel and was quite scenic. The mountains are wonderful backdrop to the area with glistening snow.

Facilities - Westin had very nice restaurants open late into the night and a Starbucks desk in the lobby. I did not try out the pool or the fitness areas. There was security in the lobby in the evenings and the hotel was brimming with facilities and younger guests.

Others - I was visiting Denver and was back by 4 pm. House keeping wanted to provide turn in service at this time and I declined. That seemed a bit late in the day for providing the service.

I paid around $65 per night and that is a unbelievable price for this scenic hotel. The rack price is higher but this Starwood property deserves a definite visit while in the area.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank bramgopal
Mike C, General Manager at The Westin Westminster, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Thank you for your detailed feedback. I am pleased that we were able to exceed your expectations in many areas. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Denver.

Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

The room was fantastic, very clean and felt new, friendly staff from the moment we pulled up, and overall a great value. We have never been disappointed with a stay at a Westin and this exceeded our expectations. We went to the bar late at night and regretted not eating at the restaraunts earlier. I would definitely recommend one of their margaritas! My only gripes were the crappy hotel iron that leaked water all over my shirt... You can buy a great iron for $70 I don't understand why a 4 star hotel would cheap out on something that pisses off so many travelers... But almost every hotel is the same. We never got a key to the mini bar (which is surprising as I am an SPG member) so there was money left on the table, we would have used it. The room was extremely clean overall but there was a lot of dust on top of the mirror over the desk. We would definitely stay here again next time we are in the Denver area.

• Stayed: April 2013

Thank you for the great review of the staff and restaurant. I am glad you enjoyed the bar and hope you will get a chance to return and eat in Kachina. I also appreciate your feedback on our iron and room issue. It is disappointing that you experienced this inconvenience but your candid thoughts give me an idea of where we can improve. I look forward to your next visit and improving on the areas you mentioned.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

The rooms on the west side of the hotel have a spectacular view of the Rocky Mountains. Within walking distance there are at least 5 or 6 great restaurants. Movie theaters and bowling and a fun complex for the kids. The location is why you should stay here. The rooms are spacious and the hotel is fairly new. The food in the dinning room has a mexican flair, and shouldn't be missed.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on the West side of the hotel. That way when you open the curtains you will see the s...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank dholstein

The views from the hotel are outstanding. I am glad you enjoyed them as well as the area around the hotel with several fun places for the family. I am especially pleased that you were able to enjoy Kachina. I hope you will be able to return in the spring and summer when the patio is in full swing and maybe visit Water World which is very close to the hotel. Thanks for staying.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Westminster
Denver Marriott Westminster
Warwick Denver Hotel
#41 of 158 in Denver
Downtown
The Westin Denver Downtown

Been to The Westin Westminster? Share your experiences!