“Great Location and comfortable”

The Westin Westminster
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Westminster
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I was referred to this hotel by a friend and I am glad she steered me to this area. It is a very nice, clean area with many dining options within walking distance. The restaurant in the hotel is excellent, beds are comfortable, and you get a complimentary bottle of water in the room. We arrived on a Sunday night and on Tuesday evening when we returned to the room after 7 PM, our room had not been touched. When I called the desk and explained I needed some more coffee and towels for tomorrow morning, they said our room was not services because we had a DND sign on the door. That was true, but the sign was down by 10:30 and the only reason we had it up in the first place was that they were knocking on the door at 8:15 AM the day before. They brought the towels and coffee post haste. The other problem we had was in printing our boarding passes - both the computers in the business center were giving error messages, but we were able to get them printed at the desk. All in all - they corrected what was a problem and again - the location is perfect if you are wanting to be between Denver and Boulder.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Mike C, General Manager at The Westin Westminster, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Thank you for sharing the experience from your recent visit to our hotel. I am sorry for the miscommunication with the DND as well as the computer issues you experienced during your stay. I am pleased that we were able to rectify both situations with minimal inconvenience to you. I am glad you enjoyed the hotel and look forward to your return when you are again in the area.

There are newer reviews for The Westin Westminster

Reviewed February 5, 2013

We booked this hotel at the last minute because of a death in our family. The hotel staff was so gracious and helpful, and the hotel beautiful. We were upgraded to a room on the Starwood preferred floor, and our room was quiet, with a spectacular view. Great bathroom, and nice amenities. The hotel's restaurant, Kachina, is beautiful, and although we only ate breakfasts there, the food and service was wonderful. A great shout-out to our waiter, Marten. On a windy Colorado day, the valets made transition from hotel to car easy. This is clearly a conference-centered hotel, but our warm welcome during a difficult time made us think about a return in happier times.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Cece1024

I am sorry to read about the circumstance that brought you to our hotel but I am pleased that the staff and accommodations made a good impression. Thank you for your comments about the room and Kachina. I look forward to recognizing Martin for his efforts as well as the Valet team. We are fortunate to have a strong staff at this hotel. I hope we will see you again under a more pleasant circumstance.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Been to this hotel twice for conferences - they have not let me down. Good cleaning staff, quiet and accommodating. Bed was very comfortable - was able to get good night sleep. Nice views from room. Short walk to restaurants and stores. Elevators were very quick to go up and down which was very nice, didn't have to wait long for one.

Room Tip: Suggest 10th floor or higher for great views
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Telegramsam88

Thank you for returning for another visit. I will be sure to pass on your comments to the Housekeeping team as they will enjoy hearing the kind words. I am glad we have not let you down and look forward to your next great stay.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Went with my wife and 3 daughters. Pool and outdoor hot tub were awesome
Can't wait to go back
Beautiful in every aspect. I'm very picky too. Will be back very soon. Great service.
Wish we could have stayed longer.
And cheap!!!

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank steelrman

Thank you for staying with us. I am glad you enjoyed the mountain views and the pool/hot tub area. We look forward to seeing you and your family next time around.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Rooms were clean and extremely quiet. The beds were plush and very comfortable. Disappointed that you have to pay for wi-fi service. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay here again if I were in the area.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank jenk61
Mike C, General Manager at The Westin Westminster, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Thank you for staying with us. I am glad we were able to impress you. We look forward to seeing you again when you are back in town.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

Well laid out hotel. Staff service is very good.
Excellent recognition for Platinum status.
Resturant is OK to Good.
Would stay here again.
Was here for a conferance.
The hotel is in a convenient location to several resturants.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Mike C, General Manager at The Westin Westminster, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

I am pleased you enjoyed the staff during the conference held at our hotel. I appreciate you sharing your thoughts and hope we will see you again for a future event.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

I stayed at the Westin when I decided to treat myself to a Four-star hotel experience via the Secret hotel feature on Travelocity.

I had been to the hotel before for conferences and a Christmas dinner, but never stayed there before.

The lobby is lovely- and the only place with free Wifi- but first you have to get into the hotel.

The signs outside point to hotel parking but when you follow the signs you wind up in a parking lot only for valet parking, as indicated by orange cones and a sawhorse blocking the access.

There is no signage to show you where to go. I tried to follow the street continuing around the hotel and ended up on the other side of the Promenade, half a mile away. I turned around and parked on the street a block away from the entrance. Bear in mind that I had been there before, imagine the problems a vistor to the area would have.

At check in I asked if they had any rooms with larger bathtubs. The clerk laughed and said, "Oh no, you don't want to pay for that! They're only in the luxury suite!"

I was given Room 710 on the east side with a lovely view of the conference center roof and empty parking lot. The room was very small- half the size of a 3 star roadway motel that I visited last week- but very clean.

The walk down the corridor to the room was a little strange as the door to Room 721 was standing a bit open and the lock was missing. Kind of creepy.

In the room, other problems:

The shower/tub control did not work properly. I did not enjoy trying to warm the water in the tub and getting hot water in my face from the shower.The hand shower did not work at all.

There was no robe, only a flyer telling me how I might purchase one to take home.

The TV remote did not work.

The room refrigerator was plugged in but would not turn on.

The light by the bed turned on but would not turn off. I had to move the bed to unplug it to turn it off.

The window does not open. I know it's standard in a highrise, but still.

The thermostat was locked at 70 degrees.

The bed was very comfortable. The rest of the experience was very disappointing.

Room Tip: Face the mountains (West) for a good view
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank sallybjo

Thank you for letting us know about your recent experience at our hotel. I am sorry that we failed to meet the expectations that both you and I have during this visit. On a positive note, it is nice to read that you found the hotel to be clean and comfortable. While this does not replace the disappointments you listed, I appreciate seeing these attributes. Rest assured that this is not our standard and I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you and provide a personal apology. Given a future opportunity, I am confident we can show you the service and value our numerous repeat customers have come to expect.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Westminster
Denver Marriott Westminster
Warwick Denver Hotel
#41 of 158 in Denver
Central Business District
Four Seasons Hotel Denver

Been to The Westin Westminster? Share your experiences!