“This Westin is the BEST I've been to.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Westin Westminster

Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Westminster
Buffalo, N.Y.
“This Westin is the BEST I've been to.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2011

I booked this hotel for a trip I took to Denver. The hotel is immaculate. Pet friendly, and they have their own mascot, a dark lab that goes by the name of Westy. Such a friendly dog, and I believe they let you walk Westy, which I thought was super cool! =)
The rooms are great. The bed was one of the best beds I've ever slept in. They have a very nice work out room, with a decent sized pool in the room next to it. Out side the pool room, which is located on the second floor, there is a hot outside, with an excellent view of the mountains, and the fountain outside the hotel. I enjoyed the hot tub quite a bit in the morning hours, which was very tranquile. Near the hot tub is a nice little fire pit and a nice little fire place. The dining room was very nice. I ordered the breakfast burrito, which came with green chili. It was so delicious. The waitress was great. They also have a decent size bar next to the dining area, if you'd like a drink or two. Also, the lobby mens bathroom is immaculate.
They have valet parking if you prefer, or you can park on their lot for free. I've been to tons of hotels, and this definately was a nice break from paying ridiculous daily parking fees.
When I was there, they had a lot of activities going. There was a wedding reception one day, a food drive another, and maybe something for the local colleges on my last day. It was nice to see the hotel being open to events.
The hotel is in a pretty good location. Shopping, eating, AMC movies, D&B's, and lots of activities well within walking distance.
The staff is top notch. Mark, a very nice man at the front desk made my stay that much more better with helping me with small needs. They were met immediately, and he always was so pleasant. The other staff members always greeted me with a nice hello and a warm smile.
I can't wait to go back. I definately recommend this hotel.
The only small things that was a little bothersome was that you could here your neighbors doors when they shut. Also, there is a $12 per day tech package, which gets you internet for 24 hours which I thought was a tad high. No big deal to both, but nothings perfect. The lobby does offer WIFI for free though. Oh, and they do not offer a shuttle to the airport, but they are very helpful in making arrangements for you. I had a rental car, so this didn't affect me. Just a heads up.
Great hotel hands down. Thank you Westin in Westminster for a great place to stay, and making my trip to Denver awesome!! A++

Room Tip: Try and ask for a west side room, which is a great mountain view.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank intension
brandonhendricks, Director of Sales at The Westin Westminster, responded to this review, September 26, 2011
Greetings from The Westin Westminster! We are very happy that you had an outstanding stay at our hotel. In fact, to be called the “best Westin” you have stayed at is indeed a great honor. We appreciate you choosing our hotel for your trip and hope to see you again in the future.

The Westin Westminster

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2011

The Westin Westminster is a great location to explore all that Colorado has to offer a family.
The accomodations were comfortable and the staff is outstanding. They gave us maps and directions to places we could not find in our guidebook on Colorado ! The restaurant recommendations and the hotel restaurant were all excellent. This is a treasure or a Westin and I travel for a living so I know the difference.

This was an excellent experience....thank you all-
Now we have returned to our home and miss it already !! We will be back....

Room Tip: Ask for a mountain view.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
brandonhendricks, Director of Sales at The Westin Westminster, responded to this review, September 20, 2011
Thank you for your wonderful feedback relating to your stay at The Westin Westminster! We are happy to have made your vacation a “great” one and our staff is always eager to be true ambassadors of Colorado. Thanks for your business and we hope to see you again soon!

Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

The Westminster Westin was everything we expected and more. Our hotel room was clean, modern, and comfortable. The bed was dreamy after a long day. We found the hotel lobby inviting, and throughly enjoyed sitting outside having a nightcap by the fire. The hotel is situated close to the highway and it was very convenient staying here and driving to Denver, Boulder, and surrounding areas.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
brandonhendricks, Director of Sales at The Westin Westminster, responded to this review, September 13, 2011
Greetings from The Westin Westminster! We appreciate your feedback regarding your recent “retreat” at our hotel. Our Westin Heavenly Bed product is industry renown for providing an amazing night of sleep. Thanks for choosing our hotel and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

My husband and I stay at the Westin Westminster, CO a couple times a year on average. The rooms are always clean and comfortable. The service is always exceptional. They even have a complimentary shuttle that is available on a first come, first served basis. I would recommend the Westin Westminster to anyone traveling to the Denver/Boulder area for business or pleasure.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2011

After some pretty modest digs on a western road trip, I was ready for a heavenly bed, quality sheets, and a dark, quiet room. Well done, Westin. Did I mention room service and breakfast at MY convenience?

Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2011

Stayed at the Westin for a business conference. The lobby is really nice as were the conference center accomodations and grounds. Rooms were your standard, "very good" variety - nothing outstanding, just clean, modern and nicely appointed. I prefer to be closer to downtown Denver's activities and the Westin is too far afield to let me take advantage of them easily. But a good stay overall.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
brandonhendricks, Director of Sales at The Westin Westminster, responded to this review, September 8, 2011
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at The Westin Westminster! We appreciate your business and hope to see you again in the near future.

Gold River, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2011

We stayed two nights over Labor Day Weekend and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. My wife and I, along with my 19 year old son obtained two rooms via P-line. Check in was very friendly and accommodated our request for an upper floor with a mountain view. The rooms are clean, well appointed, and the beds very comfortable. We did not eat in the restaurant but had drinks in the bar, which was very nice as well. The fitness center is a B+, and the indoor pool and outdoor jacuzzi are great.. If you like to run or walk, there are nearby atheltic fields and trails.
A couple negative points: They charge a $12.00 per night "technology fee" that covers valet parking (parking is otherwise free), in room wireless internet, and two bottles of water per night. There was no mention of it at check-in, which is not good. I knew about it from reading reviews I think the "resort fee" is simply a gouge, but because we got such a great deal on the rooms, I didn't mind. Also, a small refrigerator would be helpful for storing drinks.
Overall, this is a very nice hotel and would stay here again.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westminster
Denver Marriott Westminster
Denver Marriott Westminster
#3 of 19 in Westminster
Drury Inn & Suites Denver Westminster
SpringHill Suites Denver North/Westminster
DoubleTree by Hilton Denver - Westminster
Hampton Inn Denver Northwest/Westminster
Renaissance Boulder Flatiron Hotel

Been to The Westin Westminster? Share your experiences!