“Great Staff, Cozy Property, Fantastic Stay!”

Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Westminster
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Staff, Cozy Property, Fantastic Stay!”
Reviewed August 26, 2011

A friend and I stayed four nights over a long weekend, and from the moment we arrived, we were treated like a welcomed friend by every staff member we met. The property is beautifully appointed and maintained. It successfully conveys a contemporary woodsy lodge feel, which is not an easy feat to accomplish with a high rise hotel. One detail that stood out was the stunning natural stone shades on the hallway light fixtures on each floor. In the room, everything was in great condition and worked perfectly.

Admittedly, I tend towards the high maintenance guest side of the scale at times, and to my great delight, the Westin Westminister indulged my tendencies with gusto. They brought up a refrigerator and humidifier within moments of our request, and showed the same type of attention every time we asked for more bottled water or new toiletries, even if we did so late at night after a long day out of the room. Every single staff member we meet was friendly and helpful, and when we mentioned this fact to one of the staff, she remarked it was because everyone there truly loved what they were doing...it definitely showed.

A lot has been said on here about the Technology Bundle that is added to most guest's room charges like a resort fee. For me personally, internet, valet parking and two bottles of water daily were a bargain for $12 a day as I used all three, though I can see why someone not desiring to use the internet wouldn't want to have to pay for it anyway (assuming that the staff wouldn't reduce the charge). The internet worked easily our entire stay, and valet parking was a breeze. We arrived very late at night our first night and thought maybe it was too late to have valet parking, but much to my surprise the front desk agent just asked for our keys and had our car parked as we trundled up to our room half asleep. And the car was always outside waiting for me by the time I got downstairs from my room after calling and asking it to be brought around. Again, exceptional service.

The hotel is adjacent by a walkway to a plaza with restaurants, movie theaters, bars, bowling alley, ice rink and a Dave & Busters we spent too much time playing games in! This hotel is my first choice for my next trip to Denver and I would recommend this hotel for just about anyone...be sure to check for a great AAA rate like we got for $99 a night.

Room Tip: The corner rooms have windows on two walls, makng them bright and cheerful. Ask for a mountain view!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank KozyKritter
brandonhendricks, Director of Sales at The Westin Westminster, responded to this review, August 29, 2011
Thank you for the amazing feedback regarding your recent stay at The Westin Westminster (particularly about the incredible value of our Technology Bundle). We will share your comments with our staff and hope to see you again in the near future. Thank you for your business!

The Westin Westminster

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
montreal
Reviewed August 25, 2011

First time in Colorado and must say this hotel is greatly located: 30 mins to Denver and Boulder. Restaurant is trendy and food is great. Staff very friendly and knowledgeable.
Will definitely be back.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Greetings from The Westin Westminster and thanks for the valuable feedback. We appreciate that you enjoyed our ideal location between downtown Denver and Boulder. Thanks for choosing our hotel and we look forward to hosting you again soon!

Arvada, Colorado
Reviewed August 22, 2011

We were married in October and chose the Westin Westminster as our reception site. The Westin put on a beautiful cocktail hour outdoors and made the transition to the banquet room smooth for our guests. The banquet room more than accommodated our guests and the food was fantastic. As the bride, any time I had a question, the staff was more than willing to give me a complete answer. The technology department helped make my tribute to my mother a fabulous and tear filled event as well as the slideshow of my husband and I during the cocktail hour. I found our reception to be hassle and worry free! A huge plus for any bride. The room we were set up in for our wedding night was gorgeous and comfortable. We were so thrilled to have also received a bottle of champagne and a few pieces of cake to snack on later in the evening. All in all, I'd say we had a wedding reception to remember! Thank you Julia and everyone at The Westin!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
brandonhendricks, Director of Sales at The Westin Westminster, responded to this review, August 24, 2011
Thank you for your kind comments regarding your wedding last October at The Westin Westminster! Our experienced banquet staff enjoys making momentous occasions perfect. We hope you are enjoying wedding bliss and thank you for choosing our hotel!

Sanibel Island, Florida
Reviewed August 19, 2011

Stayed here over a weekend to attend a wedding. Good location. Rooms were clean and well appointed... great view of the mountains. The AC did not work very well, but it was tolerable. Had dinner in their restaurant and all food selections were great. Apparently they are adjusting their wine list, so make sure the bottle of wine you choose is available before setting your heart on it. Don't go with the Willamette Pinot Noir... weird, almost white zin sweetness. Server at the restaurant was excellent, along with all other staff we interacted with. Overall a good experience.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for a room with a mountain view
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Greetings from The Westin Westminster! We appreciate your feedback regarding our wine list in the restaurant and will use this information to improve upon our offerings. The record setting heat we have been consistently experiencing in Colorado this summer has been taxing on our a/c system. However, we have been making significant improvements on our efficiencies and it should no longer be an issue at our hotel. We hope that if your travels ever bring you to our area in the future that you will choose The Westin Westminster again. Thanks for your business!

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed August 14, 2011

Booked through Priceline and got a great deal. The hotel is nice, clean and and the staff is super. I've stayed at a lot of Westin hotels and this is the first one that charged a resort fee ($12). I know, I know, the manager will follow up with the old song and dance (as they all do) that the customers have requested to be charged for 2 bottles of water, valet parking and free internet, but you and I both know that it's just another way to gouge us for more money, right? I don't want valet parking and I don't want to pay for something I don't use. Westin, why not just build it in your rates and quit being disingenuous? Since this is the only time I've ever been charged a "resort fee" at a Westin, I'll probably just skip Westin next time I travel. Besides, Westminster Colorado hardly qualifies as a resort!

Room Tip: Beware their "resort" fee!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank Christy_Speaks
Commerce City, Colorado
Reviewed August 12, 2011

We just had our wedding at the Westin Westminster and I cannot begin to express how the event and banquet staff made it perfect. They made sure all our i's were dotted & t's were crossed on the ceremony & reception set up. The food was fantastic and they made sure that even in the whirlwind of photos during the cocktail hour that we had appetizers to eat & something drink. The entire staff during the event was courteous, helpful and cheerful. All in all, I could not imagine a better partner for my wedding than the Westin Westminster!

Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
brandonhendricks, Director of Sales at The Westin Westminster, responded to this review, August 19, 2011
Greetings from The Westin Westminster and we appreciate the wonderful comments! Our staff takes true pride in executing perfect weddings. When it comes to special celebrations, there is only one chance to make them flawless and our seasoned culinary team is always up for the challenge. Thanks for choosing our hotel for your wedding and congratulations!

Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed August 11, 2011

The hotel is very clean and nicely appointed.
The location is great--there's lots of nice open space and it's within walking distance of a river, many restaurants, and other amenities,
The staff are very professional without being obsequious.
The WiFi signal in the conference rooms was very strong, so if you're attending a conference you'll be pleased with that.
If WiFi in the rooms was free, and if staff were a bit more friendly, it would be perfect.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at The Westin Westminster! We especially appreciate your comments regarding our location and numerous amenities that our hotel has to offer. I’ll share your comments about our staff friendliness at our next managers meeting, as this is not indicative of the type of service we like to provide our guests. We hope to see you again in the near future and appreciate your business!

The Westin Westminster
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westminster
Drury Inn & Suites Denver Westminster
Denver Marriott Westminster
Denver Marriott Westminster
#2 of 19 in Westminster
SpringHill Suites Denver North/Westminster
DoubleTree by Hilton Denver - Westminster
Hampton Inn Denver Northwest/Westminster
Hyatt House Boulder/Broomfield

Been to The Westin Westminster? Share your experiences!