“PLESANT EVENING”

Dining options: Reservations
DENVER
“PLESANT EVENING”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

NICE SERVICE! FRIENDLY, PROFESSIONAL. Had a wonderful dinner.
Came away feeling relaxed. Offers a gret meal and great value. We will be returning for another enjoyable meal.

Visited June 2012

boulder
“always great”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

i've never had a bad meal here. their pollo rosa maria is delicious (it's chicken breast stuffed with cheese and prosciotto and topped with mushrooms) and comes with two sides (mashed potatoes are amazing). Most of their larger meals come with a choice or soup or salad, and with the complimentary bread, I'm usually full a few bites into my meal.

highly recommend

Visited June 2012
Lamar, Colorado
“Carrabba's Westminster”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

We went to the Westminster Carrabba's for a nice simple Italian meal. This is what we received. the service was fairly good, although the male server needed some dressing lessons-shoes untied, shuffling all over the floor, belt loose, baggy trousers that hung down to the floor-disappointing.

The food was good as usual, well cooked and not to much of it. my wife and I had the lunch special which was certainly filling, and well done in all aspects.

No problem with recommending this restaurant to anyone who likes an inexpensive meal out.

• Visited July 2012
Westminster, Colorado, United States
“Taste of Italy”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Service is excellent and food is delicious. Arrive early as alwasy busy and they do not take reservations.

Visited May 2012
Illinois
“Standard Italian chain”
Reviewed June 13, 2012

When I travel I generally try to avoid chains, hoping to sample something local. But it’s hard in this part of the northern Denver suburbs, particularly if you want to avoid Mexican, standard American fare (whatever that means),and, of course, fast food. So the group of six of us older adults went to Carrabba’s, a chain I was unfamiliar with but I’ve since learned has many restaurants throughout the country. My overall rating would be just average, though a good value.

We tried several pasta dishes and the salmon; I had the veal marsala. Most of us started with the Caesar salad which was tasty, but too lemony. The warm bread was delicious with a perhaps too-spicy dipping sauce. No one raved about their dinner, some comments ranged from either too bland or too salty. Mine was pretty good, but nothing special. Many of the dishes are offered in full or smaller orders, a nice touch. The garlic mashed potatoes were pretty bland and not served hot enough. As others have said, service was a bit too quick, a sense of being rushed even though the place was uncrowded the evening of our visit. Surprisingly, when we completed our main courses the check was delivered, with no request for dessert or coffee.

The atmosphere can be described as standard suburban strip mall. The open kitchen, though, was kind of fun to watch.

For the drinkers among us, the best part was the 2 for 1 drinks.

Overall, though, it’s a good value. Our meals, with tax, tip, and drinks averaged just over $20 per person.

Still, it confirms my preference for locally-owned establishments (though better than Olive Garden, which I gave up on years ago). Sadly, though, they’re getting more difficult to find, particularly outside of larger cities.

• Visited June 2012