“Interesting Menu, Amazing Food!”

Kachina Southwestern Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Kachina Southwestern Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 224 Restaurants in Westminster
Cuisines: Southwestern
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Church Ranch & US 36. Adjacent to The Westin Hotel
Description: Kachina-A modern Southwestern restaurant that sits comfortably close to Denver and Boulder, yet just far enough away to escape the exhaustive beat and to truly enjoy a festive gathering with friends and family. There's nowhere better to relax and soak in the rich Southwest culture and its spirited cuisine than Kachina: an inviting oasis where you can sit by a calming Kiva fireplace on an expansive patio while looking out toward the Rockies in the distance. Our chefs take diners on a culinary journey back to the land with grilled bison, green chile burgers, posole, Navajo tacos and more, just as the locals have done for hundreds of years. Kachina also features an extensive wine list, local & regional brews, and creative, crafted cocktails. Let Kachina's collection of handcrafted tequilas and artisan mezcals expand your horizon.
Denver, Colorado, United States
“Interesting Menu, Amazing Food!”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Kachina is an excellent place to get drinks and good food with friends in a fun environment. The menu was not one you would find in any typical southwest grill. It had a great selection of freshly "harvested" meats to go along with an awesome taco selection (I got four duck, lamb, shrimp, AND, beef tacos). We were having so much trouble deciding what we wanted that we basically had the waiter decide for us! This leads me to my next point. The service was fantastic! They knew everything about the menu and they were always quick to refill our chip bowl.

I would highly recommend Kachina. It offers great food with a lively atmosphere and I will definitely return with friends in the near future.

• Visited January 2013

Denver, Colorado
“Great food and service!”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

This place was a welcome surprise. The service was spot-on: friendly, informative, efficient, and not at all overbearing. The food was delicious, and the price was right. Ask the server for his/her recommendations, there may be some tasty specials! Can't go wrong with the taco selection either . I definitely recommend this place above others in the area, best I've had in Westminster!

• Visited January 2013
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Upscale Mexican”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Food was awesome! An interesting twist is the wine and spirits menu on an iPad. I was in a large party and everyone enjoyed their meals. Service was great as well. Music could have been a bit softer to facilitate conversation.

Visited January 2013
Lauren B, Manager at Kachina Southwestern Grill, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Hi Tim!

Thank you for the review! We're thrilled to hear you enjoyed your experience in Kachina. We are always trying to improve and it's feedback like yours that helps us. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you're in town!

Cheers!
Georgetown, Texas
“Best Dinner Out in over a year”
Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

We are in the area from Texas looking for a place for my son to live as he wants to move here/work/go to school. I found Kachina on Trip Advisor and made a reservation w/o knowing it was in the Westin where we were staying. As we were entering the restaurant just past sunset - the Canadian Geese are starting to ring the large water feature/lake just outside. The patio is lit up on this cold night with welcoming fires where you can sip a drink and listen to the geese talk. The interior is welcoming. We were promptly seated and I love the carafe of cold water left at your table to self serve. Our waiter, Doug, was actually on loan from a sister location in Denver. He was very engaging and gave us some great pointers about living here. Then came a food cart - for those who just can't wait for that appetizer - tonight it was Bison Tamale (I will post a photo). For $2 each she prepared one for each of us. It was amazing. I could have eaten 4 and forget the rest of dinner. The Dirty Martini was excellent as well. My son and I shared the Shrimp and Avocado Tostada as well as the Bison Meatloaf. Delicious does not do it justice. We passed on dessert, but the manager sent over a Coconut Flan to welcome my son to Colorado. He even came over to discuss how to apply for a job. I have had my share of Flan over the years - this was the best I have ever had. And yes, we ate every bite. I have a feeling I will be visiting this restaurant every time I am visiting my son in the future.

Lauren B, Manager at Kachina Southwestern Grill, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we truly value all guest feedback! I'm so glad you enjoyed your experience, next time you'll have to try the Chocolate Chile Beignets. They will change your life.
“Great concept, great food”
Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

This was a surprise tucked into the hotel! The food was great an reasonably priced. The specialty tacos were the best. The green chile chowder was excellent and the Kachina Benedict at brunch was superb. The waitstaff was friendly and knowledgeable. Decor was fabulous

Lauren B, Manager at Kachina Southwestern Grill, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your experience! We love those tacos too! Come see us again soon!