“Visited based on tripadvisor reviews”

Cracovia Polish Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 216 Restaurants in Westminster
Cuisines: Polish, European, Eastern European, Central European
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Kids
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 94th & Wadsworth (across from AFW)
Transit: Bus stop/route right next to us on 94th and Wadsworth
Description: Cracovia Restaurant & Bar is a family-owned and operated restaurant that prides itself on being the most authentic Polish restaurant in Colorado. We use only the finest ingredients in our kitchen and ensure each dish has the warmth of a traditional home-cooked meal. If you have never had Polish food before, you will be surprised by the bold & savory blend of herbs and spices paired with the freshest ingredients. If you have had Polish food before, you are in for a treat. The owners are the executive chefs, immigrating from Poland about 27 years ago and bringing with them over 20 years of cooking experience.
Portland, Oregon
“Visited based on tripadvisor reviews”
Reviewed April 26, 2014

I was looking for a restaurant near my hotel in Westminster, Cracovia was rated well on tripadvisor and so I visited with my family. We were quickly seated and offered drinks. There was a very large group in the restaurant and I was concerned that their large order would mean a long wait for our food. I was happy to be proven wrong; the group had no impact on when we received our food, which was less than ten minutes after we ordered. Our two entrees were Golbaki and both Meat and Cabbage Pierogi. Both were very good--they tasted great and were certainly filling. We did not try any of the alcoholic beverages..

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank LostinTransit10

Colorado
“Authentic Poland on a Budget”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

A dear friend of mine wanted to share her German/Polish heritage with me, in the form of a typical Polish meal. Was I grateful!
Cracovia is one of those surprising places tucked into the corner of a small strip mall, which might go largely unnoticed. THAT would be a shame! The atmosphere is pretty authentic, the food is AMAZING, and the prices are very reasonable. There was, of course, the obligatory Polka music, but it was interspersed with classic songs from the '40s, '50s and '60s, and time and again, we found ourselves recalling hearing these greats from our childhood.
The food: WOW! We both had Polish beer; mine was a Porter - very rich and dark, and her's was a Pilsner-like brew - very refreshing. We used a Groupon special offer, and were given a special menu, with a few of the more popular selections from the main menu, which is copious.
Our waiter brought out some rustic-looking/tasting bread with a side of pork pâté. The pâté was Delicious, and made a wonderful alternative spread on the bread. My companion wasn’t quite as adventurous as I was, so I had the lion’s share of the spread.
The first course, soup or salad, was a great beginning. We opted for the Polish version of Borsht, a beet-based soup. This one had tiny pierogis filled with beef in it, and was Delicious! Every bite was a new flavor experience, and the slightly-sweet beet broth was the perfect foil for the rich mini-pierogis. Then the main course arrived, hot from the kitchen.
Her Polish Kielbasa was OUTSTANDING, grilled and seasoned just right, and served with a plethora of sides, including homemade sauerkraut, dill pickle wedges, the hot-sweet, Dusseldorf-style mustard, and mashed potatoes. Since there was SO MUCH food, I was quickly pressed into service to help her deal with the overabundance, a ‘duty’ which I gladly accepted.
My choice was the cabbage rolls. I received FOUR fat, hearty rolls, stuffed with ground pork, I believe, and rice. Two had the mushroom sauce - very rich, and two had the more traditional tomato sauce, also hearty. There was so much, I was lucky to finish it all! But then, the Pièce de Résistance... Dessert, which came with the special! It was a Polish Napoleon; soft, wonderful crusts with a rich custard in a thick layer in between, whipped cream and a cherry. The plate was decorated with a striping of chocolate sauce as well. It was the perfect completion of a wonderful meal!
I will recommend Cracovia hands down. It was very memorable, and if you've never had "Comfort Food", Cracovia's wonderful offerings will define the term for you.

• Visited February 2014
5 Thank DaveGarf
Westminster, Colorado
“Good home made hot lunch”
Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

Very refreshing lunch. Good flavors and fresh. Everything we ordered was yummy. The zywiec beer is smooth. The sausage on the hot plate was perfect. The round scoopes of mashed potatoes were good. The beet soup was very flavorable. The cucumber salad was refreshing. Thank you.

1 Thank ilovetotravvel2
Denver, Colorado
“A Polish Home Run”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I recently (week night) went to Cracovia http://www.cracoviarestaurant.com for dinner with 3 friends. We were seated immediately and the waitress brought water and a basket of bread with some pate'. I neglected to ask for details of the pate', but it was delicious and the bread appeared to home made. We decided to order 3 dinners and share them (our typical scheme) with sometimes an extra side, if anything catches our eye. We ordered Kielbasa Cracovia Style which is Two large Kielbasas with onions, mashed potatoes and a pickle on a hot plate still sizzling, second item was Golabki, cabbage stuffed with pork and rice and baked, with side of tomato sauce and a mushroom sauce, third was not on the menu but was a half duck w/plum sauce (was a bit shocked, it was good sized full half duck, roasted and moist and every bite from anywhere delicious. Sides were mashed potatoes, beets with horse radish, cooked red cabbage, and hot sauerkraut. One of group is on Gluten Free diet, so we told the waitress and when she brought the food she explained that everything on the table except for two items, the mushroom sauce and hot sauerkraut were gluten free. I will be brief regarding the meal, only one item we collectively did not really like was the hot sauerkraut (was sweet not sour). Everything else was great, Duck (sweet, moist and tender), great flavored Kielbasa and the smoke and aroma from the still cooking sausage filled the restaurant, big fat and hot Golbaki, delicious mashed potatoes and the beets and horseradish with very tasty. We agreed it was overall one of the best meals we have had anywhere in a long time. By the way, we did have a bottle of house white wine and it was reasonably priced at $20. Three main courses w/extra sides was less than $50 and we were stuffed. The young waitress is be be complemented, she was very personable, knowledgeable and attentive. One last comment, they have a rather large area in the rear of the restaurant were they have live music on Friday and Saturday and was told it is popular and they have a full house those nights. So, highly recommended to try it.

• Visited March 2014
Arvada, Colorado
“Back again, and it's better than ever”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Stopped in Cracovia again this past Sunday, and the experience was as enjoyable as ever; perhaps more so. The food is excellent and very authentically Polish. Plus, we discovered the lunch menu. Some of their most popular dishes, including soup or salad, for $7.95. What a deal. They had some special Polish beers and Kevin, our server, gave his expert guidance on authentic Polish vodkas. One of the most enjoyable family outings we've had in a long time.

• Visited March 2014