“Just like Grandma's!”

Cracovia Polish Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 222 Restaurants in Westminster
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 94th & Wadsworth (across from AFW)
Transit: Bus stop/route right next to us on 94th and Wadsworth
Description: Cracovia Restaurant & Bar is a family-owned and operated restaurant that prides itself on being the most authentic Polish restaurant in Colorado. We use only the finest ingredients in our kitchen and ensure each dish has the warmth of a traditional home-cooked meal. If you have never had Polish food before, you will be surprised by the bold & savory blend of herbs and spices paired with the freshest ingredients. If you have had Polish food before, you are in for a treat. The owners are the executive chefs, immigrating from Poland about 27 years ago and bringing with them over 20 years of cooking experience.
Aurora, Colorado
“Just like Grandma's!”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Delicious Polish food. The cabbage rolls were amazing, such a large portion. Try the pierogi, yum. I was transported back to my childhood eating my grandma's pierogi after the first bite, special memories!! The Polish Cocktail was a tasty, refreshing surprise. Excellent service, extensive menu and a friendly staff. I'm so glad we found Cracovia so we can treat our kids to wonderful food and expose them to their Polish heritage!!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank fellowmon

Westminster, Colorado
“Very good food”
Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

The lunch prices are good. My boyfriend and I love the food here. The flavors are good. He enjoys the beer.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank ilovetotravvel2
Allyn
“Great find in Westminster!”
Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I had dinner here after recommendations from Trip Advisor. It was outstanding! Brought back lots of childhood memories. The food was excellent and the portions huge! I even took a to go order of pierogi to my daughter and family vacationing in Breckenridge!! If you are craving great polish food, stop here!!!

Visited April 2013
Arvada, Colorado
“Polish Lunch”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

We have eaten here several times with great enjoyment. Everything is made fresh in their own kitchen. They have a small menu, but you get plenty of choices. They prepare their own meats without the preservatives added. Drink choices are Polish beer, wines and mixed drinks. Prices are moderate. They do have weekend entertainment which I have never experienced. This is a small restaurant in a strip type setting. They do have room for parties and small wedding receptions.

• Visited April 2013
Colorado
“Na zdrowie!”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

One of the challenges of being a transplant to Denver from a big eastern city, is the lack of the family owned authentic ethnic restaurant. Back east you find them on every corner, in every neighborhood. Here, you're lucky if you can find one amongst the plethora of chain restaurants and hipster hangouts.

But a lucky tip from a fellow Pole (who knows I'm a foodie) led me to Cracovia. Although it was quite a drive, I craved the taste of old skool Polish food like Busia used to make so I made the trek up to Westminster for lunch. The restaurant is located on the end of a newer, nondescript strip center. Had I been just driving by, I never would have known it was there. But I sure am glad I was led here!

Without question, the food is authentic, from scratch and made with love. The Prefixed lunch includes a choice of one of 5 soups or a salad. I had the Zups Ogorkowa (Pickle soup with Potatoes). I know it sounds a little strange, but it was absolutely delicious! My dining partner chose the Czerwony Barszcz (beetroot soup), which tasted as beautiful as it looked. Our main selections were Bigos (Polish Hunter Stew) and Gulasz (a pork goulash served with mashed potatoes). Both were incredibly flavorful and it was obvious that each were meticulously simmered for hours. And you can't beat the $7.98 price for this marvelous lunch!

Aside from the food, the decor not not reflect the charm of Poland, but it is clean and modern with a nice bar area. The wait staff was efficient and friendly. But don't go for the decor, go for the food. It is the best I've had west of Chicago and I cannot wait to go back, perhaps next time for dinner and some Golabki!

• Visited January 2013