“Gotta go at least once”

Butterfly Pavilion and Insect Center
Ranked #1 of 21 things to do in Westminster
More attraction details
Owner description: The first stand-alone non-profit invertebrate zoo in the nation.
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Great place to take kids. I felt it was a little overpriced for the amount of time spent there. My wife and I took our three kids there and it was $38.50. That sounds reasonable except we only spent a bout 1 hour there. Compare that to $63 to go to the Downtown Aquarium where we spent 3 hours(I did have a coupon for $10 off there though). We all held the tarantula, except my wife, we touched the starfish and the horseshoe crabs. Then we spent a good 1/2 hour inside the butterfly enclosure finding and watching all the different varieties of butterflies and moths. It's definitely a place you have to visit at least one time, but I take off 1 star for bang for you buck.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I've been to the Butterfly Pavilion many times and it never ceases to fascinate me. Over 1500 butterflies there and amazing insects like the madagascar hissing cockroach -- yikes! Great to take your kids or kids, take your mom! Wonderful light display at the holidays too.

Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

great for kids and adults. 2 hours is more than enough time. Not really that much to do. Caccoon wall and holding the spider is the best part.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

The butterfly pavilion is a great indoor activity. Military Families get a discount. The kids and adults alike will love strolling through the facility and having butterflies land on them for great pictures.

The staff is very knowledgeable and informative. They also have a great sea life area to see sea urchins and star fish and to be able to interact with a few animals.

Fun for all.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

The main attraction is a large room that is like a rain forest greenhouse. It is full of beatiful butterflies and several turtles (my daughter's fav). There is a display where you can actually see butterflies emerging from the cocoon. But they have an aquarium room with star fish and other sea creatures. A room with centipedes, scorpions and tarantuas (hold Rosie and earn a sticker). And there is a large room with a maze and other hands on exhibits. They also have story time and we went outside under a gazebo while a staff person read 3 stories to the kids. Fun for younger kids and adults. My only complaint is that is isn't larger!