“Intimate experience with butterflies,”

Butterfly Pavilion and Insect Center
Ranked #1 of 18 things to do in Westminster
More attraction details
Owner description: The first stand-alone non-profit invertebrate zoo in the nation.
Boulder, Colorado
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Intimate experience with butterflies,”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

A great place to take your children. There is something magical about the setting-tropical with lovely butterflies flitting around. There is also a
learning center for kids where they can pet rosie the tarantula and get a bravery badge.

colorado
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“My little girls were grossed out”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

It is a cool educational experience. You enter a room where butterflies fly free, and there is a crysalys display where butterflies emerge from their cocoons. My girls were small and hated the butterflies landing on them but most kids will probably dig it.

Arvada, Colorado
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“kids day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

We really enjoyed our day here. Very cool with the butterflies landing on you. The iguanas were amazing. Our grandkids loved it.

Visited May 2012
Colorado
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Great Outing for the Family”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

I took my wife and son recently and we had a great time. My first strong recommendation is BRING A CAMERA! Also, bring kids! They will love this place! I think it is a great place for a family outing. The place is very well maintained and has recently had an expansion done that gives you more bang for your bucks. I hope they continue expanding it since you can get through the entire place in a relatively short time. However, it is well worth the time.

Visited December 2012
Denver, CO
“A Must Do if You are in Denver!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2012

This place is just stunning! The butterflies are everywhere and they are amazing a beautiful! I love that they let you take as many pictures as you want and even have early morning special photography sessions so you can catch the butterflies when they are just waking up! The insects inside are pretty awesome too! Not a big fan of spiders, but they have a corner where you can hold a real live tarantula if you want. I thouroughly enjoyed myself here, it was well worth the admissions fee, and we will be returning again in the spring!