“A lot of food without feeling stuffed!”
Review of Dae Gee

Dae Gee
Ranked #32 of 243 Restaurants in Westminster
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed October 30, 2013

My son and I thought we would try this Korean restaurant since it is so close by. The food was very authentic, fresh and tasty. Most is significantly spicy so let them know what your preference is with the "heat". The seafood pancake was as big as the plate as an appetizer and would have been enough for lunch. I added the tofu in stew soup and it was delicious. I asked for very little spice and it was still making my nose run! We both had hot green tea and it was served in 16 oz. glassware. We would definitely go back there again.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

My husband and I had dinner here the other night. Neither of us had eaten Korean food before, although we visited Dae Gee's booth at the Dragon Boat Festival and had potstickers with rice which were good enough that we thought we would try the restaurant. Turns out potstickers are not on the regular menu but they are probably the same thing (only fried) as the dumplings my husband had in his Mahn Doo Gook. I had the Ttukbaegi Bulgogi which also included a white rice side. About 8 small sides, served cold, were included with our soups but I only know what four of them were: mashed potatoes, broccoli, kim chee, and bean sprouts. Our server told us what they were when she set them down but she spoke so quickly that we didn't catch everything and we may not have known what she was talking about anyway. I was not very impressed with the service. I did ask her one question about a sauce that was used on the potstickers and she again spoke very quickly without much warmth or interest. I wasn't inspired to ask more and learn more which is a shame. We both felt that the food was fresh but we didn't know what a lot of it was. I read the menu trying to understand the barbeque rules (which we were too timid to try) but couldn't get it figured out before she took the menu away. My husband was OK with his soup. I totally did not like mine and would not order it again. It was all one flavor and ugly in color, served in a dark pot. I could only discern that there was one type of mushroom although I could see a couple of different types in my husband's dish. Unfortunately our initial experience was not particularly a good one and we will probably not bother to go back.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Turns out that Dae Gee is Korean for PIG OUT, which is exactly what we did. They cleverly incorporate the 'pig' logo on their menu. Six of us went on a Sat night for the all you want Korean BBQ. It included 9 or so side dishes that come with the meal (banshan), and we had plates full of beef short ribs, beef ribeye, pork belly, and chicken. We had 2 grills on the tables between us. Two of us were elected as chefs, and they kept the meat cooking as fast as we could eat it. It was all DELICIOUS. Any of the banshan that we finished off would be replaced immediately (the kimchee pancake was everyone's favorite). When a particular protein was gone, they would bring out another plate. Great food, Great friends, Great fun. Approx $18.00 per person, plus drinks (sake, wine, tea). Like most restaurants, they include an 18% tip on the bill for groups of 6 or more. We had a reservation on a busy Sat night and didn't have to wait at all. Can't wait to go back.

1  Thank Garam
Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

Have never been to a Korean BBQ. Server was amazing and walked us thru the experience! Lots of food for 18$ each. We were actually full after the first tray ! Came w multiple sides as well ! Def check it out !

1  Thank Carley J
Reviewed July 29, 2012

I gave some frank and honest reviews about this place prior that were not very favorable, but this time they really impressed me more than I could imagine. For one their all you can eat was a deal price, and the side dishes they have are excellent. The fact of the matter is this. They recovered from my previous reviews, and officially deserve more merit this time around.

Service was great. Food was fresh. Lots of variety and I encourage anyone in the Denver metro area to go. They respected me as a person.

James was a great server and I would recommend anyone that eats here to have James serve you.

I gave it another shot after two failed tries, and this time I'm very pleased with their restaurant, food, service, ambiance, and quality. I recommend this to anyone that wants to try good quality korean food.

1  Thank Chu303