“A week later and I'm still bloated” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hideaway Steakhouse

Hideaway Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Hideaway Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 216 Restaurants in Westminster
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Federal
Description: Sleek and sophisticated, the Hideaway Steakhouse cordially invites you to join us for an afternoon or evening of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine in the perfect setting. We offer lunch and dinner service and serve Prime and CAB beef which is meticulously grilled on lump-wood charcoal, giving it a unique flavor in addition to the freshest of seafood - all prepared and served to ignite your culinary imagination. Many other culinary pleasures await you at Hideaway with daily chef specials, appetizers, soups, salads and side dishes to tantalize and tempt your pallet. To compliment your culinary creations, we offer a superior wine list along with top-shelf whisky, scotch ad other spirits. We anticipate your visit and look forward to becoming your favorite steakhouse destination for lunch and dinner!
Denver, Colorado
“A week later and I'm still bloated”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

My husband and I went for 5280 week and at first sight and taste it was wonderful, but alas, it didn't sit well at all. I had tomato bisque soup, which was quite good, and then chicken and sweet potato gratin. It was literally swimming in butter so I fished around it. The gratin was good and would have been soooooo much better if it wan't in a butter pond crying out to be rescued before it drowned. For dessert I wanted the creme brulee but was informed there was no more. We had 6pm reservations mind you. The major thing that irks me and will ruin a restaurant experience for me so i don't go back is when There is a special menu prepared for an event or holiday and items on that menu are not available any longer. No substitution from the regular menu was offered. The chocolate mousse was tiny and the berry oatmeal crisp was very average. My husband had the petit filet which was very good and cooked to order. The asparagus was quite hard to bite through though.
As the title indicates here it is a week later and my stomach still isn't right. I guess I'll be on ginger tea for a couple of days.
There was also a vulgar customer in the restaurant at the table behind us and he was quite drunk. I don't blame the restaurant for his behavior but I think they should have stopped serving him alcohol. I saw a bottle of wine and many martinis going to the table.
The final thing that irked me was the server gave us a business card with his name on it and told us when we come back he would take care of us. At the prices they charge it's very tacky to hand out business cards. That's a Denny's move right there.
Sorry, but if I'm going to spend for a regular meal upwards of $50 per person it won't be here.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank j b

“Fabulous food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

This is the kind of restaurant for a very special occasion. It is quite pricey, but well worth it. If you appreciate a wonderful chef and great wine, go see Steve and Terri at the Hideaway Steakhouse. They have lots to choose from including fish, chicken and steaks.

• Visited February 2013
Denver
“Great atmosphere, delicious food and stellar service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

My husband and I dined at The Hideaway for my birthday after several friends recommended it based on atmosphere and food. We found it to be a charming find in a surburban area that otherwise does not boast good restaurants.

The decor is upscale, the staff were very friendly and the food was delicious. We started with the heirloom tomatoe salad with caprese and loved it. For the entrees, my husband had the T-Bone steak with the garlic glace; it was cooked to perfection and very tasty. I had the king salmon and it was the best I've had. The poritions were generous and we thoroughly enjoyed it. (although, next time my hubby will skip the steak and try something unique, like the pheasant). For dessert, we shared the nutella phyllo triangles and wanted to lick the plate.

Our server was attentive, the manager came by to check on us and the wait time and time between courses was perfect.

Highly recommend for a special occassion; the prices are definately in line with the atmosphere, so do not expect a fast or average meal. Our bill was $135 with tip (3 drinks, one salad, two entrees, one side and one dessert), and we will go back!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank mski1988
Denver, Colorado
“Lovely lunch - best kept secret in the area”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

Beautiful presentations, wonderful food, great service, upscale comfortable. Our booth felt private, and the servers and food made us feel pampered.

Visited November 2012
LIVERPOOL
“Excellent Restaurant in Westminister”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

Very easy to find with plenty of parking. It has a nice decor, wonderful ambiance, great food and great service. The manager came by to ask if the meal was to our satisfaction and we happily replied that is was delicious. The bar is very nice and they have live bands on the weekends. Definitely worth trying!

• Visited May 2012