“Eat, Drink & Be Merry!”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 144th Ave
Description: Bitto Bistro (was Wine & Cheese) is a fun and casual way to explore the world of wine and good artisan foods. We build big beautiful platters charcuterie and cheeses from around the world paired with affordable and unique wines. Build your own tasting flight from over 50 choices. Live music Wed and Thurs nights.
Winchester, United Kingdom
“Eat, Drink & Be Merry!”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

On a visit from England we were staying with family locally and decided to go to the wine bar on a Friday night. We hadn't booked a table in advance but the place was buzzing and busy so we had to wait a short while for a table. We shared a platter choosing Wensleydale with cranberries, vintage Cheddar and Saint Agur and washed it down with a bottle of Chauvenet Chopin Pinot Noir - or was it two bottles, I can't remember, the evening went so well! Anyway suffice it to say that we had a very enjoyable time, there was a great atmosphere, and we'd go again.

• Visited November 2012

Colorado
“Fun Food and Drink Place”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Five of us shared two different cheese platters on a Friday night, with lots of various and excellent wines to wash it down. The service (especially Ashley) was quick and accommodating, and the dining area has a fun atmosphere. The only issue I had was that it was noisy and difficult to carry on a conversation with someone across the table. Maybe they need something to absorb the sound...the wood floors made for a hollow and noisy atmosphere. Reservations for a Friday night are suggested (although they say they only take them for parties of 6 or more, I made ours two days ahead for 5 and they were okay with this number). Parking can be difficult at The Orchard, so give yourself extra time to find a spot.

• Visited October 2012
Florida
“Insulting”
Reviewed September 15, 2012

As a senior advisor I feel I have to make this occurrence known,so that people can be aware of the service at this restaurant. My son and daughter in law entered this half filled restaurant on Saturday night ,but that was the last they saw of service. For a half hour they sat while two tables who entered after them was served. Finally someone arrived with the first words that it looks like you are being ignored,but still not taking their order. They then decided to leave and told the manager what had occurred to have him act as if he didn't care. I can't comment about the food and probably will never get the chance since we are visiting and was hoping to visit this restaurant,but needless to say my son will never go back.

• Visited September 2012
Barney T, Owner at Bitto Bistro Wine & Cheese, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Hi Travelax,

First of all please let me apologize for your son's experience last week. Please know that ignoring guests is not policy here at Wine & Cheese, indeed spoiling our guests and going above and beyond is our policy. Sadly sometimes we make mistakes and an apparent miscommunication between host and server led to no server taking your table. I was informed of the incident that evening but missed your son and daughter-in-law and they had already left. My service manager told me he pleaded with them to let us make it up to them, to give us chance to show how we try to do things but I think the damage has already been done and they were too frustrated to stay. I certainly understand, no one goes out to dinner to spend hard earned money to be ignored and I wish we hadn't dropped the ball. I sincerely hope you can see from the other reviews and my response that this isn't how we try to do things. We would love to have the opportunity to prove that and would provide a gift card to help make that happen. Please just let me know.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“The name says it all...”
Reviewed July 24, 2012

A little wine... a little cheese, great place to relax and unwind with friends or as a couple. We enjoy the wine flights; he likes red, I like the sparkling, offerings are not the average wines you find in many restaurants, the cheese plates are scrumptious and satisfying. Most of the servers are attentive and knowledgable. A perfect outing.

Visited June 2012
Colorado
“Good Food, Bad Service”
Reviewed July 12, 2012

We live near Wine and Cheese, and so we have been here many times. The food is excellent. The wine and cheese selections are delicious, and every appetizer and dessert we've tried have also been delicious.

The atmosphere is great. The interior is really charming, and the patios are nice. Additionally, the often have live music.

Sadly, the service at Wine and Cheese is really hit or miss (and more miss than hit). The servers are nice, but the management clearly doesn't allocate their resources well. They often have one server serving five or more tables, which is way too many tables for one person in a fancier restaurant (I had less tables than that when I waitressed at a rural Perkins in college). We've been in there when there have been two parties (with reservations ahead of time, we're told) of 20+ people, and there are three servers for the entire restaurant. This totally overloads the servers, and consequently the service is pretty consistently poor unless you go at a slow time. It's really disappointing from an otherwise fabulous place.

• Visited July 2012