“Better Than Home”

Super 8 Westminster Denver North
Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Westminster

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

Hotel was clean and maintained. Rates are really good. The location was good and close to many to eat. Air conditioner could have been a little colder, but it did work. Breakfast was crowded at times, but it depended on the time. We were there almost a week, and would definitely stay there again. We walked to some of the nearby restaurants, and Perkins is right next to the hotel. This was our first trip to Colorado, and we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tim H
Bozeangelas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

When I checked in there was a couple in front of me who were all excited about getting a Smoking room. A little "uh-oh" bell went off in my head; as a non-smoker, I can't stand indoor smoking. I overheard that the smoking rooms were on the 3rd (top) floor, and once I heard my room was on the bottom floor, I thought there wouldn't be any problem.

When I turned the corner from the hall that leads to the lobby to the hall in which my room was, an instant waft of cigarette odor filled my nostrils and I began to sneeze. Then I thought, oh, maybe someone was smoking outside with the hotel door open?

When I entered my room, an instant odor of mold and that typical air conditioner smell hit me and within five minutes I had a headache, which I had the entire time I stayed at the hotel. If you can tell by my other reviews, I am very sensitive to smells, so if you are too, that might be something to consider when considering booking this hotel .

The room was comfortable, nice fluffy pillows and the bedding seemed clean though not very comfortable- I have learned to bring my own blankets and pillow ti hotel rooms- It was pretty clean compared to the last time I was in the Denver area in June and had possible the worst hotel experience in my life, this hotel was pretty average. The bathroom was really clean with and the fan and light both worked unlike many other hotels in which I have stayed. In the bath tub there was some new sealant applied in an obviously sloppy way, I'm sure it's much better than it was before it was applied.

The continental breakfast left much to be desired for someone with food allergies, though no different from other hotels in that way. I was able to snag an orange for later. There was a rather large crack in glass of the back door, I always wonder about the story behind aspects like that when I stay in a hotel.

I can't afford the $100+/night hotel, so these types of hotels are what I usually end up with: The average, nothing special, stinky motel with comfy pillows.

Room Tip: Bottom floor is non-smoking.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Lincoln, Nebraska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

The good:
- A great value. We booked in advance and secured 2 queens for $60.79 a night.
- Good location and easy access.
- Comfortable beds. We all slept well.
- Many amenities for the price.
- The breakfast had an excellent selection of waffles, beagles, cereal and cinnamon rolls.
- Room was reasonably clean and was serviced as requested.
- Front desk staff was friendly and accommodating.
- The room was quite.
- Reasonably safe feeling area with many food and shopping options.

The not so great:
- The room where breakfast is served was cramped. We were falling over others trying to accommodate our family’s needs.
- The lady cleaning the breakfast area was RUDE on the weekends. She loudly complained about having to clean our spills and work around other guests. It was strange behavior considering she does this frequently.
- The carpets in our room were stained and needed cleaning or replaced.
- I requested a pet free room and was reserved a pet room. The front desk staff solved this issue easily.
- The exercise center opens at 7:00. This is late for many serious runners.
- As listed in other reviews, the room had almost no outlets. Additionally, one outlet was powering the fridge, microwave, alarm clock and lamp. This seemed like a hazard. On the last day, the outlet stopped functioning all together. I had to press some sort of reset button to get the air conditioner to function. Side note: If you have small children, the lack of outlets is actually convenient, as you do not need to make as many safety arrangements.
- Many reviews mention a smoky hallway. This is also true, however I personally did not find it off putting.

Overall, I was impressed with the Super 8 and would stay again in the future.

Room Tip: If the hall smells like smoke, you might request a room elsewhere.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westminster
Cottonwood Suites Westminster
La Quinta Inn Denver Northglenn
#14 of 19 in Westminster
Fairfield Inn & Suites Denver North/Westminster
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver - Thornton

Been to Super 8 Westminster Denver North? Share your experiences!