“Surprisingly poor”

Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Westminster
Westminster, United States
“Surprisingly poor”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

I've stayed at this hotel before, so thought it would be fine. The thermostat in my room was broken...only HIGH fan would blow and temperature could not be controlled. I had to shut it down completely. The next day, I was told someone fixed it, only to find out it was still the same. Unfortunately, that second night became a little chilly and I had no heat. Also, the phone kept flashing a bright green light. I confirmed it was not a voicemail and didn't care if it was...please delete it. That was never addressed. I had to put a towel over the phone so the green flashing light didn't keep me awake like a lighthouse! When I checked out, I made these two complaints (again!) and the person at the front desk just made some lame comment.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

MaryAlice J, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Denver - Westminster, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay with us! Please let me extend my apologies on behalf of our entire staff for all the issues you experienced during your stay with us! We strive on making great first impressions and I am sorry you recieved a far from excellent one. I will be sure to pass on these comments to the correct departments and make sure these items get addressed! Please contact me personally if you would like to discuss your stay further. I am here mostly evenings and would like to make this right. Thanks again and I hope to hear from you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Westminster, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

It was a good place to stay. Wish there is more around the area that I could walk to for food and whatnot, but good to stay at for a day or two for business. Stayed in a non-smoking room. Very warm and cozy.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thankyou for taking the time to provide such awesome feedback regarding your stay with us! I am glad that you were able to be warm and cozy with us! We take great pride in making sure our guests are comfortable and feel at home! Maybe next time you are in the area you will choose to stay with us again and take advantage of our complimentary shuttle service that could take you anywhere in a six mile radius! I will pass along all your wonderful comments to the entire team and I hope to see you in the future! Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or need anything! Thank you again!
Winston-Salem, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

Room was very clean and well-appointed; bathroom was clean as well. Very nice, very adjustable showers. Excellent restaurant with a New Orleans theme but they're soon going to Italian which should be nice. Great service from the restaurant hostess and wait staff; they pay close attention to their guests. Also very nice meeting rooms and Internet.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide such awesome feedback about your stay with us! We appreciate all the great comments and I will be sure to pass on to all the departments that made your stay enjoyable! I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and you got a taste of the great customer service in which we take great pride in here! I am also glad to hear that you were greated and treated with friendliness and cleanliness! I hope that this impression will have you coming back to see us again soon in the future! Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or need anything at all! Thanks again!
Plymouth, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014

It is was a positive experience at this hotel....but the housekeeping staff never cleaned our room. We only stayed two nights. We came back to our room late evening to find no one ever made the beds, cleaned the room or bathroom up....was never there. It was to late so housekeeping staff already left, but the front desk person had to take the trash out and bring clean towels!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay with us! We utilize all the information you provide for training purposes and to make sure we are always enhancing in guest satisfaction. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay overall and please let me apologize that your room was not cleaned. I will make sure that these issues get addressed. I am pleased that the front desk person showed the great service we are known for. I hope to see you for future stays and once again we appreciate you staying with us!
San Jose, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014

We have attended the January apparel show at the Denver Mart for the last several years and always stay at this Doubletree. The location is great and the staff unfailingly helpful. If you are a light sleeper, I suggest you request a room facing away from the freeway. Generally, we have found the rooms to be comfortable and clean and the warm chocolate chip cookie is never a bad thing.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
MaryAlice J, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Denver - Westminster, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide such awesome feedback about your stay at our hotel! I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you were able to find it easy to get to and from the WESA show. I will be sure to pass along your comments to the entire staff here. Please come see us again for another warm cookie! Hope to see you in the near future!
Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

Stayed at the Doubletree Westminster for one night on a business trip to Denver. It is conveniently located off Hwy 36 and there are a number of restaurants within a short distance. As a HHonors Gold member, I was upgraded to the Executive Floor and had a king bed room which was standard issue. The Executive Lounge has a complimentary happy hour and continental breakfast, which is a nice touch.
There is a restaurant/bar on site but I did not frequent it during my stay. I would stay here again and recommend it to others staying in the area.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to provide such great feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel! It's great to know that you will return to us again and I am glad to hear that you were well taken care of during your stay! We take great pride in our level of service at the hotel. I will be sure to share your experience with our entire team. Can't wait for you to stay with us in the future! See you soon!
Webster, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014

Absolutely HORRENDOUS experience here in Westminster, CO!! From the unclean bathroom (men's and women's hair all over - informed front desk two days in a row, much of it is still there as I type this), to the banging in the airduct that is currently keeping me awake (currently 2am - called front desk who 'claims' they came up, but never thought to knock on my door, with no solution), to the freezing cold draft, to the cancellation of the shuttle service to an annual event which was a main reason I stayed here three years in a row...I can't be more UNSATISFIED! Oh wait, let me add that they put a hold on my credit card at check in which included an EXTRA $100 which no one can explain? AND I have been sitting on their customer service line for 45 minutes with no one answering. And I am being charged $130/night for this?? The "Hilton" name used to mean something. Keep your cookies and spend the money on the comfort you claim to provide your guests! I am a professional who has stayed in many hotels - this has been the worst experience in years! (Much of the staff had a friendly demeanor at least) #hilton #doubletree #coloradotravel #badhotel #denver #westminster

Green Features: None apparent - they provide recycling bins, but that is all I could see
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
MaryAlice J, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Denver - Westminster, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I wanted to personally apologize for the experience you had at the hotel recently. This is certainly not the standard of service at our hotel or the first impression I would have liked for you to recieve. Please contact me directly on your next visit to the Denver Area and I will make sure that you are well taken care of! I will be sure to share your experience with the entire team that way we can make sure that these issues are addressed and that we do not repeat them in the future, Hope to hear from you soon!