“Great headache provider”

Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Westminster
Denver, Colorado
“Great headache provider”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

This is an alert for anyone who has open nostrils and reacts to odor. We checked in and smelled cleaners, disinfectants, perfumes, etc in the lobby, in the elevator, in the hallways and in our room. The odor was so strong we asked to be changed to another room. It was better but not great. The day after = sinus headache. The staff was apologetic, but we were left paying for a bad experience and cancelled the second night of our stay. Nice way to treat paying customers, expecially when they are Diamond which means lots of Hilton nights in the past. Their solution? We were offered a free night if we returned. HA!

Room Tip: Make sure there is no odor of cleaning materials around and in your room. It is irritating and is n...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Elyse L, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Denver - Westminster, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear DaBeadtraveler,

Thank you for your comments. Our apologies that you encountered issues with strong cleaning scents and odors in your room that compromised the enjoyment of your stay. Certainly, we understand that this can be a sensitive issue. Our actions going forward will be guided in part by your feedback, allowing us to improve our service in this regard. We are hopeful that you will consider giving us another opportunity to provide a hassle-free stay for you when your travels bring you back to Westminster.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Fort Collins, United States
Reviewed October 14, 2013

The room was well used. Furniture was old, walls were dirty. Something sticky was on the faucet handle at the bathroom sink and there was dark hair on the tub. We were somewhat disappointed in the condition of the room. We were also given a room that looked out over the roof with the ductwork on it. Disappointing for a Hilton Honors member.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us, your review will be shared with all hotel staff. I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay regarding the condition and cleanliness of the hotel. I will address this with the appropriate managers to make sure we get this corrected. I do hope you choose to stay with us again!
Draper, Utah, United States
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Didn't stay here this time, just had an even in their ballroom. Guillermo (spelling?) specifically went above and beyond. Half of our events it seems like hotels like to nickel and dime you for anything, the other half the time they act like they're a part of your team and offer to help with things typically not expected. I recommend this hotel for events, can't speak for the sleeping rooms however.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Elyse L, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Denver - Westminster, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience at our hotel. I will be sure to pass along your compliments to Guillermo as well as his manager. I hope you choose to host another event with us soon!
Petaluma, United States
Reviewed October 8, 2013

this hotel was suggested to me and although I thought it was a lot for $99, it was clean offered free wi-fi and a great full breakfast, so it was a better deal than I thought at first. Location is good to get around, but there is not much right where the hotel is located.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Elyse L, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Denver - Westminster, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us, your review will be shared with all hotel staff. I will be sure to pass along your compliments to the Restaurant staff. I do hope you choose to stay with us again!
Eagle River, Alaska
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Everyone looks for something different in a hotel. My priorities for business travel are safety, quiet room, cleanliness, comfortable bed, free wireless, nice decor and good lighting (!) so I can see my work. I also appreciate a good cup of coffee in-room. This property met those expectations.

Entering main doors, nice little well-lit, open area with a bar and small restaurant area to meet and greet customers
Fast, friendly check in with a free chocolate chip cookie
Indoor swimming pool
Tiny snack purchase area with drinks, candy bars, etc
I stayed in room 503- very nice QUIET room away from elevators and ice machine, and only two doors away from the fire escape.
Hotel uses duvet covers - great for cleanliness and attractive
Wonderful, bright lighting in the bathroom, and light bright enough to make reading easy. Although the bulbs are fluorescent, they must be a new kind of fluorescent. Combined with the white shades, they are great. (I actually travel with an incandescent bulb to brighten up dim rooms.
Bathroom small but spotlessly clean, bright lighting, a curved shower bar so to the shower curtain doesn't cling, and plenty of room on the counter to spread out out toiletries, shaver, etc
Three big fluffy white towels (I travel alone. If you are checking in with a spouse or other traveler you may want to ask for a 4th towel)
Hurray!!! A power strip in the room! I travel with one now since so many hotels forget that business travelers have a cell phone, a laptop, a digital camera and an external hard drive to plug in.
The Wolfgang puck coffee pod was actually good
Surprised to find a nice artwork print of birch trees in the bathroom over the toilet, and 3 pieces of art in the room.
Iron in closet, luggage rack, small table for coffee serving, alarm clock, trash divided for recycling
Shampoo, conditioner and lotion are Crab tree and Evelyn Citron Honey & Coriander scent. Wonderful fragrance, very difficult bottles from which to extract the product, however.

ONLY DOWNSIDES
Nice double glass sliding window, but it has been sealed shut - cannot open for some fresh air. Too bad, because room has a slight odor to it. Hotel is booked and another room is not available. (Recent flooding in the nearby area has forced people out of homes and into hotels everywhere in this area)
Office chair at the in-room desk does not raise up and down (lever broken) so I was unable to use the desk - the chair is stuck in the down position . I am CERTAIN that a replacement chair would have been brought to my room had I asked, but I simply didn't have time. I'd recommend that the maintenance staff add "chair functionality" to their proactive periodic maintenance checks of the rooms.

Glad to have found this room on short notice. (The area hotels are booked with flood victims).

Room Tip: I can only speak to my room- 503 - away from any ice machines and other vibration noises, and only 2...
Green Features: Trash cans are separated for recycling. Nice. That is all I have to say - keep trying to submit this review and this box shows up red, asking me to read the environmentally friendly practices. No thanks.
1 Thank Live2TravelReview
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us, your review will be shared with all hotel staff. We do keep our windows sealed shut to help with outside noise and safety reasons. Thank you very much for your compliments and I do hope you choose to stay with us again!
Graz, Austria
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is really outdated. Rooms and facilities are in urgent need of refurbishment. Breakfast is reasonable but the restaurant staff is really nice and helpful! Gym is ok but could be more spacious.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Elyse L, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Denver - Westminster, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Syracuse, United States
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Any other time I have been in a Double Tree, it has been a very enjoyable and productive experience. This trip was not as positive, but may have been due in part to the absence of the company I kept on other trips. Please know there is room for improvement, but overall was ok.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Elyse L, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Denver - Westminster, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us, your review will be shared with all hotel staff. I apologize for any inconveniences you expereinced during your stay with us. I do hope you choose to stay with us again!