“Great Banquets Staff”

DoubleTree by Hilton Denver - Westminster
Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Westminster
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Didn't stay here this time, just had an even in their ballroom. Guillermo (spelling?) specifically went above and beyond. Half of our events it seems like hotels like to nickel and dime you for anything, the other half the time they act like they're a part of your team and offer to help with things typically not expected. I recommend this hotel for events, can't speak for the sleeping rooms however.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Elyse L, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Denver - Westminster, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience at our hotel. I will be sure to pass along your compliments to Guillermo as well as his manager. I hope you choose to host another event with us soon!

Reviewed October 8, 2013

this hotel was suggested to me and although I thought it was a lot for $99, it was clean offered free wi-fi and a great full breakfast, so it was a better deal than I thought at first. Location is good to get around, but there is not much right where the hotel is located.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Elyse L, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Denver - Westminster, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us, your review will be shared with all hotel staff. I will be sure to pass along your compliments to the Restaurant staff. I do hope you choose to stay with us again!

Reviewed October 5, 2013

Everyone looks for something different in a hotel. My priorities for business travel are safety, quiet room, cleanliness, comfortable bed, free wireless, nice decor and good lighting (!) so I can see my work. I also appreciate a good cup of coffee in-room. This property met those expectations.

Entering main doors, nice little well-lit, open area with a bar and small restaurant area to meet and greet customers
Fast, friendly check in with a free chocolate chip cookie
Indoor swimming pool
Tiny snack purchase area with drinks, candy bars, etc
I stayed in room 503- very nice QUIET room away from elevators and ice machine, and only two doors away from the fire escape.
Hotel uses duvet covers - great for cleanliness and attractive
Wonderful, bright lighting in the bathroom, and light bright enough to make reading easy. Although the bulbs are fluorescent, they must be a new kind of fluorescent. Combined with the white shades, they are great. (I actually travel with an incandescent bulb to brighten up dim rooms.
Bathroom small but spotlessly clean, bright lighting, a curved shower bar so to the shower curtain doesn't cling, and plenty of room on the counter to spread out out toiletries, shaver, etc
Three big fluffy white towels (I travel alone. If you are checking in with a spouse or other traveler you may want to ask for a 4th towel)
Hurray!!! A power strip in the room! I travel with one now since so many hotels forget that business travelers have a cell phone, a laptop, a digital camera and an external hard drive to plug in.
The Wolfgang puck coffee pod was actually good
Surprised to find a nice artwork print of birch trees in the bathroom over the toilet, and 3 pieces of art in the room.
Iron in closet, luggage rack, small table for coffee serving, alarm clock, trash divided for recycling
Shampoo, conditioner and lotion are Crab tree and Evelyn Citron Honey & Coriander scent. Wonderful fragrance, very difficult bottles from which to extract the product, however.

ONLY DOWNSIDES
Nice double glass sliding window, but it has been sealed shut - cannot open for some fresh air. Too bad, because room has a slight odor to it. Hotel is booked and another room is not available. (Recent flooding in the nearby area has forced people out of homes and into hotels everywhere in this area)
Office chair at the in-room desk does not raise up and down (lever broken) so I was unable to use the desk - the chair is stuck in the down position . I am CERTAIN that a replacement chair would have been brought to my room had I asked, but I simply didn't have time. I'd recommend that the maintenance staff add "chair functionality" to their proactive periodic maintenance checks of the rooms.

Glad to have found this room on short notice. (The area hotels are booked with flood victims).

Room Tip: I can only speak to my room- 503 - away from any ice machines and other vibration noises, and only 2...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Live2TravelReview

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us, your review will be shared with all hotel staff. We do keep our windows sealed shut to help with outside noise and safety reasons. Thank you very much for your compliments and I do hope you choose to stay with us again!

Reviewed October 5, 2013

The hotel is really outdated. Rooms and facilities are in urgent need of refurbishment. Breakfast is reasonable but the restaurant staff is really nice and helpful! Gym is ok but could be more spacious.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Elyse L, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Denver - Westminster, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Any other time I have been in a Double Tree, it has been a very enjoyable and productive experience. This trip was not as positive, but may have been due in part to the absence of the company I kept on other trips. Please know there is room for improvement, but overall was ok.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Elyse L, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Denver - Westminster, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us, your review will be shared with all hotel staff. I apologize for any inconveniences you expereinced during your stay with us. I do hope you choose to stay with us again!

Reviewed October 2, 2013

The staff at Westminster Doubletree is very nice and accommodating. When we went to our room it smelled of smoke so they moved us to another room with no problems. The chocolate chip cookies are fabulous!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Elyse L, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Denver - Westminster, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us, your compliments will be passed along to the hotel staff. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Everything is fine, good location, good service, good rooms, good internet, clean and quiet. My friends recommended it and I agree. I wish I'd had the time to use their pool. What more could you want?!Everything is fine, good location, good service, good rooms, good internet. What more could you want?!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Elyse L, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Denver - Westminster, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013