“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Westminster
Austin, United States
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

This hotel was very clean and comfortable and is located in a convenient and safe part of town. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful and the breakfast was delicious. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Elyse L, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Denver - Westminster, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you for writing such a great review of the hotel and your stay; I will be sure to pass along your compliments to the hotel staff! I'm glad to hear our staff was friendly and helpful. I hope you chose to stay with us again the next time you are in the area!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Tecumseh, MI, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

Hotel was quite pleasant over-all, in convenient location near expressway, 15-minutes from downtown. Immediate area was nicely situated in bustling suburbia with all kinds of shopping and restaurants nearby. Pleasant friendly staff. Thanks!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us! Your feedback is greatly appreciated and is shared with all hotel staff. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to your next stay with us.
Atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

This hotel stands out in service, top to bottom...from the staff at the front desk to the housekeeping staff. It's also very close to the Highway 36 exit between Denver and Boulder, with a Whole Foods, Walmart and Office Depot all within about a 3-minute drive. I'd stay here again in a heartbeat.

What I'm not crazy about are the pop-up ad's that accompany attempts to offer a review. With speeddate.com and other cheesy advertisements, it makes this site less than a class act!

Room Tip: Get a room with a westward face as the mountains offer a beautiful vista.
Green Features: Recycling is offered all over the place--impressive.
1 Thank PilgrimFromGA
Elyse L, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Denver - Westminster, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us, your feedback is shared with the hotel staff. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we were able to provide excellent service! i look forward to your next stay with us!
Wichita
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

We just spent three nights in this hotel. The service was excellent and we enjoyed our stay. Our room rate included breakfast and we were pleased with the selection and quality. This is an older property and while the furnishings have been updated and, most importantly, the bed was comfortable, the bathtub was old and outlets were scarce. I was happy with the overall accomodations and value. We had a car and found it easy to get from the hotel to downtown and the Denver Mart.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mary1675
Elyse L, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Denver - Westminster, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us! Your feedback is greatly appreciated and is shared with all hotel staff. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we provided you with excellent service; that's something we strive for! I hope you chose to stay with us the next time you are in the area!
San ANtonio, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

Stayed in this hotel for 4 nights. It is a very clean hotel with a very friendly staff and the cookies are great! We would stay here again and recommend it. Wish they had an airport shuttle. No complaints from us.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Elyse L, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Denver - Westminster, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the hotel, your feedback is greatly appreciated. I'm glad you enjoyed the cookies, we enjoy them as well! I look forward to your next stay with us!
san diego, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

From the start of my reservations to the arrival and on-going stay- this hotel was over the top fabulous! Great Pillows. Delicious cookies. Helpful and efficient and smiling staff, every step of the way. A shuttle service! Killer Breakfast choices! Just a wonderful experience!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a great review of the hotel! I'm glad to hear that you had such a great expereince and I hope to see you staying with us again!
Humble, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

I typically stay at Hilton chains and am a frequent business traveler.
I have stayed at this property twice for business purposes.

As seems to be the case with most DoubleTree and Hilton properties overall, service at this hotel is an absolute plus. People are excellent and helpful. On my first trip, I had a complaint and they immediately moved me to 7th floor.

This trip, I had a complaint and they had people in the room within 5 minutes to remedy.

But the defining theme of how I've experienced the excellent service is that I've had complaints on both of my trips, and thats why I say its a pass.

The first complaint on the first visit was bugs in the room. Not bed bugs, but just general bugs on the pillows. Room was clean, but its an old building. There are going to be bugs I understand, I just don't want to see them. Remedy was a move to the 7th floor in a clean room, and no bugs.

Second complaint on my second visit was two fold. First, one normal pull of the curtains to close them and the curtain pole came crashing down. These things are going to happen, I understand.

But it brings up the biggest problem overall with the hotel; its an old building in need of infrastructure upgrade, not just cosmetic appearance. The ceilings are low, the windows are thin and extremely noisy, there's not enough outlets in the rooms, the shower heads are inconsistent. It just needs a very good makeover. The windows are a big thing as well. On my last stay, my room was upgraded to a suite on the 5th floor, which was great, except for it was closest to the Interstate.

I went to close the curtains (ultimately bringing down the curtain pole) because the noise from the interstate was very intense. Thin, older windows let in lots of noise, and with this proximity to the interstate, it was very disturbing.

There are plenty of options in the area. There's a Hampton next door, or other chains at the Flatiron crossing another 5-7 minutes up the road. There's also a newly remodeled Doubletree in Thornton at 120th and I-25 which is also convenient to Westminster and is an outstanding property.

Its a good value and the people are very, very nice. I just won't stay at this property again until it receives a significant makeover.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on the side away from the interstate, otherwise it will be too noisy to sleep.
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Elyse L, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Denver - Westminster, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us. We take great pride in providing excellent customer service to our guests, and I'm glad to hear that you expereince that during your stays with us. I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced with us, I do hope that you decide to give us another chance on your next trip to the area!