“Great staff, excellent breakfast buffet, small room”

DoubleTree by Hilton Denver - Westminster
Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Westminster
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I feel pretty fortunate that I am able to stay at Doubletree Hotels when I travel. Although I have had few clunkers, many had been very good.

During my most recent trip, I spent a few nights at this Doubletree and my overall experience was very good. The staff was by far the best I have experienced to date. Friendly, customer service focused and proactive. The free (at least for me) breakfast buffet was so good, I would have easily paid for it if asked to do so. The only gotcha was the smaller than average and expected room that did not have a frig or microwave. This was my first room at a Doubletree Hotel that did not have those.

Overall, this is a great place to stay if you are in this area!

Room Tip: Please try the breakfast buffet! Beware of the expensive taxi fares from DEN airport to this hote...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Elyse L, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Denver - Westminster, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a a great review of the hotel! Your feedback is greatly appreciated and shared with the hotel staff. I'm glad to hear that your stay was comfortable and our staff delivered excellent service. We do have microwaves and fridges available at the hotel, plus we are in the process of purchasing microwave/fridge sets for all of our guest rooms. Thank you again for the review and I hope to see you in the future!

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Denver - Westminster

Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

The room we got has the old stench of cigarette smoke and the bathroom is badly in need of renovation, with cracks in the walls and stains in the bathtub. The hotel is situated next to a busy freeway, so don't expect a quiet & peaceful night. Save your money and stay elsewhere!

• Stayed: October 2012
Elyse L, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Denver - Westminster, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Thank you for commenting on your recent stay. We take all of our guest comments very seriously. We apologize that your stay was anything but perfect. We are in the process of converting to a totally non-smoking property, as required by DoubleTree by Hilton. We invite you to reach out directly to our General Manager, Jay Dikeman at jay.dikeman@hilton and he will ensure you are satisfied.
Again, thank you for your review.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

My husband, son, and I stayed here one night while visiting nearby Regis University. Hotel was very clean and well maintained. Beds were extremely comfortable! The made to order breakfast was a nice touch, as was the business center. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. I would recommend staying here!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Elyse L, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Denver - Westminster, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Thank you for writing a review of the hotel; I'm glad to hear that your stay with us was comfortable and just what you were looking for! If you stay with us again while visiting Regis university, be sure to use our complimentary shuttle to goes back and forth to Regis. Hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Check in was OK. My profile says, hi floor, away from elevator. And my room was next to the elevator, so at a 10 PM check in, I stayed with it. The micro wave and mini fridge were disgusting. There was some old wine bottle, in the filthy fridge. The in room coffe maker did not work. Room was stuffy, HVAC system is marginal, the cold air return vents were filthy.
Carpet was had stains, bathroom was clean apprearing. Coffee in the restaurant, waited for several minutes and was served cool coffee. Finally got a hot cup to go, I think they used the micro wave to heat it. For a hotel in the Hilton chain, certainly not worth the $$ charged for the room, and not up to their standards. Writing this in a Hilton Garden Inn, also in Denver and it is a huge improvement over this property. Will not stay here again, unless it has a complete renovation.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Elyse L, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Denver - Westminster, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the hotel! I will be sure to share your comments and experience with the hotel staff. We are currently in the process of replacing all of our refrigerators and microwaves. I apologize that your restaurant experience was not up to Hilton standards, I will be sure to address this with the Restaurant supervisors. I do hope that you give us another try!

Reviewed October 16, 2012

Older hotel, very well maintained. Good location on US 36 midway between Denver and Boulder. Close to Broomfield Airport. Rooms clean, beds comfortable. Full hot breakfast, made to order omelets, a chef very willing to accommodate special dietary requests. Evening executive lounge presided over by a very gracious and efficient hostess, serving wine, beer and hot snacks. Staff from GM to servers to maintenance to front desk go out of their way to make guests feel welcome.

Room Tip: West facing rooms offer fine view of Front Range and pretty sunsets.
1  Thank mjsAustin_Texas

Thank you for writing such a great review of the hotel! Your feedback is very appreciated and will be shared with the hotel staff. I hope to see you here again in the future!

Reviewed September 29, 2012

Overall quiet rooms and service was very good, good morning breakfest, great shuttle service took us where ever we needed to go. Easy check in for being my first time to Denver.

meeting rooms were plenty big enough for 200 plus people

Room Tip: The 5 th floor rooms are nice
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Elyse L, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Denver - Westminster, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the hotel, your feedback is appreciated! I'm glad to hear that your stay was comfortable and the service we provided was great. I will be sure to pass along your comments to the hotel staff. I hope to see you here in the future!

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Yes it is an older property, but it was well maintained. Beds were comfortable, check in was super fast, and the staff very polite. As always, the cookie was delish!! The breakfast wasn't as good as I was hoping for a DoubleTree, but it wasn't horrible either. None of my kids would eat the pancakes, they were very dry and grainy. Given the quality of the food, and as a guest, I feel the breakfast should have been either free or a lot cheaper than $7.50 a plate. It reminded me of a cheap cruise line breakfast buffet.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Elyse L, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Denver - Westminster, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

Thank you for writing a review of the hotel, your feedback is greatly appreciated! Our staff strives to provide excellent service to our guests; I'm glad to hear you were able to experience that during your stay. I'm sorry that our breakfast was not up to the DoubleTree standard that you are accustomed to. I had passed along your review to the hotel's Restaurant Supervisor and Executive Chef. Thank you again for the review and I hope to see you here in the future!