“Great Hotel for business and liesure travel!”

DoubleTree by Hilton Denver - Westminster
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Westminster
Reviewed May 19, 2012

I had such high hopes for a feel good business trip at a hotel not too far from downtown Denver. This Doubletree gave me exactly what I'd hoped for. I stayed in a first floor business suite, which is a change for me, normally I stay on a high floor. It didn't matter though, once I shut the door the room was quite, had lots of space to move around and the air quality was excellent. Next to my room was the fitness room, a very large fitness room with updated cardio machines with attached TVs monitors, cable weights, dumbells, exercise balls, medicine balls, benches, flat screen TV, spaces for stetching, and doing simple exercises like push-ups and crunches. The full breakfast served was great. The chef made this egg dish that was a mixture of eggs, rustic potatoes, onions, cheese, ham, salt, pepper - man is was just good stuff. The staff was real friendly, genuine, like having a job they've always wanted. The view of the Rockies was great. The hotel was an excellent choice for me. I recommend this Doubletree to anyone traveling for business and/or pleasure.

Room Tip: "First floor business suite is quiet, secluded and close to everything"
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Elyse L, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Denver - Westminster, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a great review of the hotel! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass along your compliments to the Chef and the rest of the staff. Thank you again and I hope to see you here in the future!

Reviewed May 18, 2012

In town for graduation in Boulder. Good location-easy access to downtown Boulder and Denver airport, clean hotel, friendly staff. Safe location for morning jog. Restaurants and stores in easy walking distance or short drive. Good Breakfast.

Room Tip: Higher floors facing highway have the best mountain views.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review of the hotel! I hope you enjoyed your time in Boulder for graduation. I will be sure to pass along your compliments to the hotel staff. Hope to see you here again in the future!

Reviewed May 8, 2012

Outstanding customer service from check-in through check-out! Second time staying at this DT hotel, and was pleasantly surprised to see outstanding, consistent customer service from personnel of all capacities and functions! Great concierge lounge with excellent food and beverages, and Karen and Willie do an exceptional job making me feel welcome and valued. Thanks Brian, Linda, and Jennifer, I look forward to my next stay for a subsequent business trip in Denver next month! Where? At this DT of course!

Room Tip: The shuttle service takes you almost anywhere and the outside fitness center is free and excellent f...
2  Thank Bendingo S
Elyse L, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Denver - Westminster, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a great review! I will be sure to pass along your great comments to our staff. Hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed May 7, 2012

I stayed here over the weekend on business. When I checked in, I noticed several school buses in the parking lot and a crowd of kids in the lobby, so I asked to be put in a room away from these groups. They immediately upgraded my room to the concierge level to ensure I'd have a quiet stay. I was extremely pleased with this courtesy and the excellent customer service this showed.

My room was quite roomy, with a king bed, sofa and armchair and plenty of space to move around. It was very clean, neat and, yes, quiet.

I was there for a speaking engagement, and when I went down in the morning to ask if I could have copies of some handouts made, they offered to deliver them to the workshop room, rather than requiring me to wait for them.

The food service and later bar service staff were prompt, friendly, cheerful and accommodating. When I ran into housekeeping in the hallway, they immediately greeted me and gave a smile. I'm extremely impressed with the level of excellent customer service every individual employee showed. When I asked the front desk staff about getting a car or taxi to the airport, they immediately pre-arranged that for me to arrive at the time specified.

In peeking into the pool area, it looked well maintained. The hotel is well situated near a number of eating and shopping choices.

In short, I highly recommend this hotel, as one that's both family and business friendly. The manager is commended for the quality of my stay as well as the high quality of customer service from every employee I encountered. I would stay here again without hesitation and would recommend it to friends and family.

1  Thank angelaw919

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review of our hotel, it's truly appreciated! I'm so glad we were able to get you into a quiet room for your stay. I will be sure to pass along your compliments to the hotel staff. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you in the future!

Reviewed May 3, 2012

Super friendly front desk staff, who were very accomodating. Pool area was great for kids and parents. Good location close to denver but not in downtown.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Elyse L, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Denver - Westminster, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review about our hotel! I will be sure to pass along your compliments about our Front Desk staff.

Reviewed April 30, 2012

We were in town for a wedding, and the bride's family had reserved a block of rooms at this hotel. It was nice, and the front desk staff was very friendly. The rooms were very nice and clean. We did have a bit of leaky toilet, but the hotel staff fixed it very quickly. Our room was at the end of the hall, next to the laundry, but surprisingly we didn't hear any noise when people were using the laundry. I do wish we had been given a room with a mountain view, rather than exhaust and ventilation fans. I was also a little disappointed that the rooms didn't have a mini-fridge. It would have cost $10 a night to have one sent up.

The pool area was nice, clean, and the water a good temperature for swimming. It was large enough that several guests could comfortably enjoy the pool and hot tub. The breakfast was better than most, with a choice of drinks, hot foods, pastries, and fruits.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Elyse L, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Denver - Westminster, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review of our hotel! We use these reviews to help better our hotel and staff. I'm glad we were able to get the toilet fixed to your satisfaction in your room. I will pass along your suggestions about the in-room refrigerators to the correct department manager. Thank you again for the great comments and we hope to see you again the future!

Reviewed April 14, 2012

I stayed at the Doubletree last month on a business trip. I was warmly welcomed by a young man on reception and was upgraded to an executive bedroom on the top floor. I think this is because my company has a deal going with Hilton so we get upgraded on business trips. He told me all about the hotel and some of the local attractions and that I would enjoy my cmplimentary breakfast ever morning. I was hugely disappointed the next morning after I had enjoyed a lovely breakfast (except the scrambled egg, why do hotels serve scrambled egg that looks like rubber!!) then was informed that my breakfast was not complimentary after all and that it would be added to my bill.
My room on the top floor was facing the Rockies and the main road. The views were awesome, especially from the Executive Lounge while enjoying a refreshing Heineken!! The main road was a little noisy and may be too noisy for some light sleepers.
I have to thank the retired school teacher who works in the Executive Lounge and for looking after me so well.
My room was a little tired as was the rest of the hotel and would probably benefit from some re-decoration.
The bar was always quiet and no wonder. It faces reception and is a dark unwelcoming sort of place. I suggest the manager takes a trip out to the Omni Interlochen Resort in Broomfield to see how good a hotel bar can be.
Overall this is a decent hotel with friendly staff but could do with being brightened up a little.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank David_ChEdinburgh
Elyse L, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Denver - Westminster, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel, it is greatly appreciated! I apologize for the confusion about breakfast, I am glad that you were able to enjoy your time in our Executive Concierge Lounge. I will be sure to pass along your great comments to Kathleen, our Concierge Attendant. The hotel management and staff are currently working on ideas and projects to brighten up the hotel and update it for our guests. We appreciate your suggestions! Thank you again for writing a review and we hope to see you again in the furture!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Westminster
Hampton Inn Denver Northwest/Westminster
Denver Marriott Westminster
Denver Marriott Westminster
#1 of 20 in Westminster
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver - Thornton

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Denver - Westminster? Share your experiences!