“Great Hotel to Stay In”

Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Westminster
Dewey, Arizona
“Great Hotel to Stay In”
Reviewed December 30, 2011

We stayed at the Doubletree during Xmas of 2011 for 6 days. Upon arriving we received our 2 warm cookies that Doubletree is noted for. Since we are Gold members of the Hilton Honors, they had our room filled with 12 bottles of water. The people who worked there were very polite and helpful. The breakfasts were free due to our Gold honors. The breakfasts included eggs any way you wanted them, omlettes, pancakes, waffles, french toast, bacon, sausage, potatoes, cerials, outmeal, fruits, bagels, bakery goods, fruit juices, coffee, milk, and water. The breakfast was great. We wanted more baked cookies and asked the waitress how to get them. They said they have a round tin that holds 10 cookies for $10 and they could be baked up will we ate. We received a fresh tin of cookies and brought them to my wife's parents house. They were a hit.

The room was divided into two areas. The first area had a couch, chairs, TV, a closet, refrig and microwave, and a working area for my PC. It had free internet. The second area had the bed, TV, dressers, toilet and shower, along with a large closet. The bed was very comfortable.

This hotel is right off the freeway. Easy on and off.

Room Tip: Ask for a freeway view - you can also see the beautiful mountains as well.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
TJDeVoe, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Denver - Westminster, responded to this review, January 12, 2012
Good morning Larry M,

Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor and we are very happy to hear that your experience was pleasurable. I also want to thank you for your business and your loyalty to Hilton. The next time you travel back to the area, we would love the opportunity for you to stay with us again and from everyone here, we wish you a happy 2012.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Grand Junction, Colorado, United States
Reviewed December 19, 2011

My family and I had a lovely stay and were made to feel comfortable and appreciated. Thank you!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
TJDeVoe, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Denver - Westminster, responded to this review, December 21, 2011
Dear Jimmy G,

We are glad to hear that you had an excellent experience at the Doubletree by Hilton Denver Westminster. We hope with you and your family and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! If there is anything we can do to make your next stays more enjoyable, please do not hesitate to contact the hotel directly. Have a great day!
La Mirada, CA
Reviewed December 17, 2011

My dad had surgery at a nearby hospital in Dec. 2011 and this is the only hotel in the area that offered shuttle service. When I told them the purpose for my visit, they gave me a terrific rate (they have a special holiday rate @ $52 and, trust me, it can't be beat!) and comped my request for a microwave and refrigerator - they even threw in breakfast, which was delicious, but I had to take it to the hospital most days. The entire staff was wonderful. I had to extend my stay and I was very upset about it and they brought me an ice cream sunday from the restaurant and the next day I had flowers and a card. I was deeply touched by such personal service; everyone seemed concerned about my dad.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
TJDeVoe, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Denver - Westminster, responded to this review, December 19, 2011
Dear Lisa R,

I am so happy to hear that you had a great experience at the Doubletree by Hilton Denver Westminster and that we were able to help you out with your reservation needs. People and their compassion or hear is what truly make the difference and what we want our guests to experience. We hope everything went well with your father's surgery and we look forward to having you stay with us again. Thanks again and if there is ever anything we can do to make your stays more enjoyable, please do not hesitate to contact the hotel directly. We hope you have a great holiday!
Avon, Colorado
Reviewed December 13, 2011

Doubletree participates with the Festival of Lights in Mile High, and will charge $52.80 for the night's stay. Rooms are neat and clean, and it's in a good location in Westminster, close to great shopping. Warm cookie at check in; free on site parking; indoor pool; and nice restaurant/bar. I think they provide shuttle service within about 7 miles of the hotel.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
TJDeVoe, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Denver - Westminster, responded to this review, December 16, 2011
Dear Leftyvail,

The Festival of Lights in Mile High deal that we offer is such a great deal and we are glad you were able to join us during this time. Thanks so much for staying with us and we are so happy to hear that your stay was a pleasurable one. If there is anything we can do to make your stays more enjoyable, please do not hesitate to give us a call directly. Thanks you once again and have a great holiday!
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed December 12, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Doubletree in early December. Through small talk during check-in, the young woman at the desk learned from my husband the reason for our stay was that I was taking a very important test the next morning. A few minutes after we reached our room, we received a call from her letting us know that there was going to be a holiday party underneath our room and so she was moving us to the executive floor so that I could have quiet while I studied and slept before my test. I couldn't have been more grateful and appreciative!! Additionally, when we awoke the next morning to snow, someone from the hotel cleaned off our vehicle when my husband went to go get it. The bed was comfortable, the room was quiet, the people were friendly and thoughtful, the cookies were delicious. I couldn't have asked for a better place to stay for any reason!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Dear Tamtam700,

Thank you for such kind words and sharing your feedback regarding your experience. How did you do on your test, hopefully you aced it! I am so happy to hear that the staff went above and beyond and were caring to your needs. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future and hope Doubletree by Hilton Denver Westminster continues to be your home away from home.
colorado
Reviewed December 11, 2011

Great stay! Shopping in Denver.........we had 3 rooms and 7 of us for a overnight stay. Pool was great.........hot tub great........beds very comfortable! We had the breakfast buffett. Excellent service and really good food. We will be back!

Dear Beatle15,

On behalf of my entire team, I thank you for your great feedback on TripAdvisor and are really happy that your entire group enjoyed themselves. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future and certainly keep in mind that we do offer other services for meeting, events, birthdays, and weddings if you are ever in the need. Thank you once again and we hope you have a great holiday!
Grand Junction, Colorado
Reviewed December 6, 2011

The engineering dept. got up early and scraped snow and ice from everyones windows at 7:30 am in 20 degree temps with 15 mile per hour winds. Over and above for most properties. Standard service for Hilton Brands it seems. Room was comfortable, beds were AMAZING. Food super, staff engaging and polite, pool warm, hot tub hot, cocktails cold. Thank you HILTON !!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Dear Luxurybroker7,

Thank you so much for your great feedback on Tripadvisor. We feel that the little things make the greatest impact. Especially when you are traveling, who really want to go out into the cold and scrape off their cars. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future. Thank you once again and have a very happy holiday.