“Great Staff - Newly Renovated”

Hampton Inn Denver Northwest/Westminster
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Westminster
San Jose, CA
“Great Staff - Newly Renovated”
Reviewed April 11, 2009

We stayed here for three days during a visit with family. It was a little hard to find how to enter the parking lot as you have to circle around from the off-ramp however after a few times it was no problem. When we checked in the first day our room was not ready, however it was due to the fact the rooms are being remodeled. They were willing to relocate our room however we needed a first floor and this was the only room they had on that floor.
The swimming pool is indoor and is heated. My son and boyfriend spent much time in the pool with no problems. I enjoyed the hot-tub!
Each morning they deliver the newspaper (USA TOday) to your door and the breakfast was good. The breakfast had oatmeal, four kinds of juice, yogurt, fruit, bagels and pastries. They also had two warm items each morning. One morning was sausage and egg, second was gravy and egg and third was sausage and french toast sticks. There was plenty of room to eat in the common area and they had CNN news playing.
The room was newly renovated an included extended cable and a flat screen TV. We had a microwave and fridge too.
There was a computer in the common area along with a printer for guest use. Average speed but was good enough to check our maps and plans.
Downside was there is no on-site laundry. You have to go accross the lot to the Mariott to do it.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed September 30, 2008

This was a very conveniently located hotel, just across from the RTD parking deck with easy access to and from the Denver International Airport via the AB line. I had two relatively minor gripes - I was disappointed by the loose tiles and crumbling grout in the bathroom. It was a patch job that needed to be patched again but NOT what I want to see at this price point. Also disappointing was the television's picture on some of the channels (fuzzy, not what I expect on a cable system). I have stayed in nicer hotels at half the cost, but for the area I would recommend this hotel and would stay here again. Breakfast was an average offering, but the staff was friendly and beds were wonderful!

• Liked — the location
  • Disliked — the bathroom
  • Stayed September 2008
Washington DC
Reviewed September 7, 2008

I stayed here with a group of media people working at the Democratic Convention in Denver. Leaving rates aside - since, given the event, we were fleeced - the hotel management and staff put a lot of effort into making our stay enjoyable. The included breakfast was above average for a roadside hotel, with a different hot dish daily to complement the cereals, bagels and muffins. On the healthier side there was fresh fruit salad and yogurt. Once the staff knew we had to get off to work early, we found the breakfast laid out and available ahead of the 6am start time. In the evening cookies were on offer, and sometimes crackers with savory toppings such as sliced sausage and cheese. The rooms are large and comfortable, the toiletries of decent quality, and there's a small pool and an exercise room. Location isn't great for tourists: it's a 20 minute drive on highways to get to downtown Denver, though there is a bus available a block or two from the hotel. In the other direction, it's about 30-40 minutes to Boulder and the mountains beyond. The immediate locale has nothing much to offer except a shopping mall, but it does include one or two fairly good bar/restaurants, such as Pappadeaux (though everyone agrees, avoid the Crab Shack), and there's a 24 hour family restaurant across the road which can be reached by pedestrian footbridge. All in all the hotel, and in particular the dedication of the staff, enhanced Hampton Inns' reputation for being a cut above the other roadside brands. As for being fleeced, well, you forgive a lot when you come home to find a mug full of M&Ms in your room.

• Liked — The nice touches added by the staff and management
  • Disliked — The price - but circumstances were not normal
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
Sweden
Reviewed July 28, 2008

Our last night in the US (after a month a the road) was an excellent one. We stayed at Hamton In Westminster to be close to Water World. The room was spacious, the beds very comfortable and the staff very friendly. They recommended an excellent steakhouse (walking distance) and were very accomodating to our needs.
Good, quiet airconditioning and an excellent breakfast was included. The fruit sallad and warm egg caserol made a difference after having been served "over sweet" meals too often.

• Liked — Great rooms, quiet AC
  • Disliked — no outdoor pool
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
California
Reviewed June 3, 2008

This is a great business hotel. The service was fantastic. I've stayed in expensive 5 star hotels but this is one of the first ones that called me a few minutes after I got to my room to ask me if I was happy with everything. Everybody at the front desk was also very helpful with directions and dining suggestions.

My room was very nice especially the new thick mattress bed. It was a decent size room. There was a microwave and fridge. The pool was nice and clean. The gym was okay but a little small. The only minor complaint is the breakfast, it was not very good but since its complementary I won't complain too much.

I rate this hotel excellent because of the service and value for what I got. I think I only paid around $80 a night via the Hilton website, far less than many I priced nearby.

• Liked — Great service at a great price
  • Disliked — Breakfast was mediocre
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
Sacramento, California
Reviewed April 10, 2008

I have stayed here before and this being my second visit I can give a good review. The hotel is a little older but is in great shape. The beds are older and should be replaced. They sag and you can tell that they are not turned at all.

The gym is great and the equipment is new. The pool area is clean and plenty of towels throughout.

Breakfast service is great and the attendant was willing to take my dishes without my asking. I was pleasantly surprised.

I can say nothing bad about this place. The staff is great and there are a ton of restaurants nearby. There is a Wal Mart near by if you need something.

• Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
Grand Junction, CO
Reviewed March 16, 2008

I booked my stay at Hampton Inn Westminster because of ratings here on Tripadvisor and I was not disappointed. The room was clean and comfortable. There was a complimentary hot breakfast each morning with a changing menu and plenty of seating. Judy is their current breakfast chef and she did a great job of keeping everything stocked and counters and tables clean. All the staff seemed to go out of their way to be helpful. When I arrived I asked the front desk if there was a microwave available. After they confirmed my stay was for 5 nights they delivered a mini refrigerator and microwave to my room within 30 minutes. The bathroom was immaculately clean and the tub/shower had a bowed out curtain rod which makes taking a shower a much less claustrophobic experience.
My only disappointment with my stay was with the hot tub adjacent to the swimming pool. It could have been cleaner.
One drawback, if you can call it that, is the location. If you're driving from Denver on Hwy 36, it's very easy to access the frontage road to the hotel. If you're leaving and headed either direction on Hwy 36 or arriving on Hwy 36 from Boulder, you have to do a big loop around a couple of blocks. A small price to pay for a great stay.
I highly recommend this hotel.

• Liked — Comfortable clean room
  • Disliked — Hot tub needed cleaning
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business