“Great for this price range!”

Hampton Inn Denver Northwest/Westminster
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Westminster
Reviewed March 17, 2014

I've stayed in this area for business once a month five times now. I've tried the Omni, both La Quintas, and Aloft. For this price range ($70-100), this Hampton Inn is by far the best value and quality. Service was fine; I didn't have any special needs or requests, except to be far from the elevator. I was told they'd renovated last year; my room looked nicer than at any of the above-mentioned hotels. Everything worked the way it was supposed to; linens not super plush + I would have appreciated a makeup mirror, but the hairdryer was strong and the shower pressure was great. Bed was comfortable; curtains blocked the light; no noise from adjoining rooms, just the hallway (which is impressive, considering there were several high school/college sports teams + their adult chaperone entourages also staying there that weekend). I didn't use the pool/hot tub exercise room, but they looked nice in passing. Free wi-fi (not super fast, but good enough for email/surfing) + parking. Free breakfast seemed huge to me: scrambled eggs; sausages; dry cereal; unsweetened oatmeal + sugar/raisins/almonds/etc.; english muffins; biscuits; bagels/muffins; juice from a machine; waffle maker (but no waffle mix). Not much fresh fruit, but I was happy with the oatmeal. Five minute drive from Sweet Tomatoes, a steak house, an H Mart (international grocery store), Whole Foods, Office Depot. I also saw a mall on the other side of the highway, but didn't check it out. A little tricky finding this place the first time (you can see it from the highway, but it's not obvious how to get there + google maps failed me), but once you figure it out, it's easy. I'm definitely staying here when I come back.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed March 14, 2014

Enjoyed my stay and the staff was most helpful when I was needing to get to some where in Denver and had no rental car. Staff went out of their way to find me transportation at a very reasonable cost. The staff was also very friendly and polite. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Everything was just right, enjoyed my vacation with no worries about the room. All the staff was very friendly, the breakfast was great and the beds were excellent. Very good restaurant within walking distance.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Stayed here for a conference in May 2013. Very comfortable and clean hotel and reasonably priced- typical of Hampton Inn's across the states. The beds were very comfortable. Rooms were a good size and clean. We left very early every morning for our conference, and we were pleasantly surprised to see that the hotel has "brown-bagged" breakfasts to go - which was convenient to pick up at the front desk on our way out! It's nice that they have tea / coffee / hot chocolate available at all times in the lobby. Also convenient to have a fridge in the room. The location is good - walking distance to restaurants and a short walk via a pedestrian skyway to a shopping plaza, including JC Penny. The wifi worked well. The only downside is the lack of regular taxi service around Westminster - you have to book one well in advance.

Room Tip: Pick a room not on the first floor and facing away from the highway
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Great stay. Friendly helpful staff. Clean & quiet. Amenities were well maintained. It was great to have coffee 24/7. Cookies in the afternoon and a nice hot breakfast in the morning. Refridgerato and microwave in the room were a helpful addition.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed March 3, 2014

We come for Denver Gift show every year. I always know what to expect and the front desk staff remembers me. It is always clean. I love having the fitness room available and several restaurants in walking distance.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Checked in very last-minute on a weekday evening because the roads were too icy to make it to my home 30 miles away. Homewood Suites --- just a few yards away-- was the first hotel on the block so I stopped there first. Horrible lobby, smelled smoky, look dirty and disorganized. SO I went next door to Hampton Inn and what a pleasure from the moment I entered the lobby. Clean, quiet, orderly, and the most personable young woman at the desk that you can imagine. When I told her that I was forced to stay overnight due to treacherous roads conditions she loaded me up with toiletries, snacks, water and lots of really good cheer. My room on the third floor was spacious, clean, quiet, comfortable and much better than I thought it would be for the reasonable price. I was on a hurry in the morning so I grabbed the breakfast bag and that was a very nice touch. I would definitely recommend this hotel. Well done!!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo