“Great stay”

Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Westminster
Effingham, Illinois
“Great stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2007

We had a great one night stay the last week of September, 2007. The room / hotel was quite comfortable, and the free breakfast was nice to have before heading out in the morning.

The pool was clean and just perfect for taking my daughter for a morning swim.

The only bad thing from our stay was that the wireless internet did not work.

I can't really speak of the hotel value for the price as we booked the room as a rewards stay

• Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Richmond, TX
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2007

My wife and I arrived at the Hampton Inn Westminster at 12:30 a.m. the night of 7-1-07 for an overnight stay. We had three main concerns with our stay, which resulted in us rating the hotel at just two stars. 1) The parking lot was not lit as well as it should have been. The blacktop surface may have contributed to this, but in our opinion the lighting was just enough to see what you were doing but was not to the level of what we felt was a "safe" level. 2) The air conditioner in the room did not have a "fan constant" mode, which caused us to wake up more than once when the compressor kicked on during the night. 3) Although the Hampton chain is known for the comfort level of their beds, the one we slept on sagged a great deal, and even had a half-inch board inserted between the entire mattress and springs in an attempt to provide more support. This feeble attempt to save money on a new mattress and springs sends a poor message to anyone who stays there. We got some sleep that night, but it certainly was not a restful night by any means.

• Liked — Cleanliness of the room
  • Disliked — Uncomfortable bed
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RobTexas
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2007

We had spent the night before we stayed here camping out, so all I wanted was something clean and comfortable. I was blown away by how great this hotel was for the money! The staff was unbelievably friendly! The pool and hot tub were great! But, I was most impressed by how comfortable the bed was and the scrumptious breakfast we had. I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed June 2007
Montana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2007

This hotel is fantastic. Great rooms, great staff, and the free breakfast can't be beat! We stayed about three nights, and each morning the staff had prepared a different cooked breakfast (eggs, waffles, etc. - not just muffins and juice, although they are available too). We will DEFINATELY stay here again if we are in the area.

• Liked — great value for great service
  • Disliked — a bit of a drive to Denver
  • Stayed May 2006, traveled on business
2 Thank xantippy
San Jose, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2006

Due to a family emergency, I had to book a room for a week at the last minute. Therefore, the only room that was left was one of the rooms set up for the handicapped. The room and the bathroom were large, and the shower was totally accessible for someone who would not be able to step over a barrier such as the side of a bathtub. There were ample shower rails and a pull-down shower seat. The beds have pillow-top mattresses (comfy) and I couldn't hear any noise at night. The folks at the front desk were friendly. I used the indoor pool (nicely heated!) after 10 p.m. when it's adults-only access so that I could swim my laps. Breakfast in the morning is served in a comfortable breakfast room with a big television. There are usually two hot dishes from which to choose (although, as a vegetarian, there were days when both had meat dishes in them.) But there is also cereal, muffins, toast and, occasionally, some fresh fruit. Nearby is a Sweet Tomatoes salad bar restaurant, and across the street is a mall with a Starbucks. There is also a supermarket 1/2 block away. I will definitely stay here again when I'm in the area.

• Liked — Mattress and pool
  • Disliked — breakfast selection
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled solo
2 Thank otanobetr
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2006

This is one of the nicest Hampton Inn's I have ever stayed in!! I travel ALL the time and try to stay in Hilton Hotels whereever I go. I am accustomed to fantastic service and immaculate hotels, but this hotel surpassed all of my expectations! The rooms are spacious, clean, and I couldn't wait to go to sleep under that crisp white matelasse duvet.....heavenly!! I felt like I was sleeping on a cloud!

I was surprised to find the curved shower rod in the bathroom and loved the fancy shower head. The water pressure was perfect! I love the fact there was complimentary conditioner in the bathroom everyday.

The breakfast was delicious. I really enjoyed having so many hot items to choose from and Judy made me feel right at home.

Another great feature? WIRELESS high speed internet access COMPLIMENTARY! What a treat!

The staff was awesome!! Suzanne and Nikki were extremely helpful and pleasant. What a joy to be welcomed by such a cheerful and professional staff EVERYDAY! I stayed five nights and would go back in a heartbeat!

Kudos to GM Sean Keating for running such a great hotel!

• Stayed February 2006, traveled on business
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2005

For the price hard to beat ... they pay attention to the little details that make life in the hotel less hassle and more like home. Everything was clean and more then adequate for price range. Hotel staff was very friendly and more then willing to help in anything we needed. Still had the extras like free breakfast and wireless internet but didnt charge the extra fees that you get for the same at other hotels in the area (westin for at least double cost).

• Stayed November 2005, traveled on business