“Loved my first visit”

Ranked #2 of 231 Restaurants in Westminster
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 27, 2012

I don't really want to review chains, but this is a regional place and my visit was so good that I felt I needed to say something. I was visiting Denver, and I wanted to find a place close to the hotel for green chile. This looked like a possibility. From the moment I walked into the restaurant, it was an excellent experience. I do want to mention that this was my first visit to this restaurant, because I know that many restaurants will step it up for first-timers. When I mentioned that I was there for green chile, they brought me a sample of their green chile. I really liked that, because I didn't really want that to be a main part of my meal. The green chile was good, but it did not seem as memorable as what I've had at other places. I decided to order the fish tacos in lettuce cups. The waiter brought me samples of several of their sauces to try on the fish tacos. They were all very tasty sauces, but when I asked him what each of them was he was not able to tell me. I was surprised that he was not able to identify them once he brought them to the table. Between the samples and the attentive service, I really enjoyed this visit. Even my drink from the bar seemed to be larger than the standard size. As I said before, I fully realize that I may have received the first-timer treatment, but it was one of the best first visits that I've had to a restaurant.

Reviewed November 21, 2012

Huge Margarita's, Great salsa, and fantastic traditional Mexican fare. Something for everyone on the menus and a very cool vibe and atmosphere.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

I have become a bit jaded when it comes to Mexican food (bland flavors, all dishes taste the same, etc.) but the vibrant flavors at Hacienda Colorado changed my mind! My Tacos Tierra was fantastic - full of exciting flavors - and the dish was the right size for lunch (no overblown proportions). Our waiter was friendly and properly attentive and the service was very prompt. I would surely return here again!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We we're in Northglenn and my husband googled nearest mexican restaurants this one was what we picked out of a few others. We had three adults and my two children. As soon as we walked in we we're greeted and seated quite quickly. The menu wasn't overwhelming we ordered and since it was our first time here they let us know our chips with queso was on the house(which we appreciated). Everyone enjoyed there food I had the tacos of barbacoa with were pretty good but my daughter didn't really like some kind of queso on her burrito. Overall it was a great find for us and should we be back in the area and want mexican we know where to go.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

My family of four visited this restaurant on Saturday, October 27, 2012, at about 4 PM. This was our first visit to this chain so we had no idea what it would be like but it had been recommended to us by several friends.

Restaurant is easy to find off the highway. Lots of parking. The building is well maintained. When you enter the doorway area, off to the left was an outdoor fire pit with some seating. Arriving at 4 PM was a good idea for us because there was no wait for a table. We were seated immediately at a booth by the fireplace. Our wait person was LeeAnne.

The booth was comfortable and big; lots of surface space which is great when you have plates and bowls for chips, salsa, queso, etc. We ordered drinks and were given chips and salsa. I loved the salsa. You could tell it's fresh. There are no big chunks and it's not runny. It's a good thickish flavorful salsa. The chips are good too although I'd prefer a sturdier chip. Their chips are a bit thin and broke easier than a thicker chip. But they were great. We also ordered mild queso for an appetizer. When they say mild, they mean mild! We added a bowl of the salsa to ours to spice it up a bit. I'd like it better if it was thicker too.

The menu is front and back about 10 x 13 size. Maybe a bit bigger. Not too overwhelming. I ordered the steak quesadilla. My husband had the Comida Deluxe and added a chile rilleno. He asked for a side of green chile sauce. My 7 year old boy had nachos and my 4 year old boy had chicken tenders with beans and rice. The steak quesadilla was outstanding! So flavorful. Nice portion size. Not greasy. Crispy tortilla. It came with sour cream, guacamole, pico and jalapeno. Very good! My husband liked everything he had. I tried his beef and bean burrito and liked it very much. My 7 year old didn't want to eat the nachos he ordered because they had the queso dip on them which included red and green peppers and he didn't want them. LeeAnne offered to get him something else but my husband traded our son his burrito for the nachos. The 4 year old had chicken tenders with beans and rice on the side. This is the one thing that was bad. The chicken tenders weren't really tenders. They were more like strips and they didn't taste good at all to me. They were dry and didn't taste fresh. But that's the only thing about this meal we didn't like and the 4 year old didn't complain. I just happened to try one when he didn't eat them. Maybe it was because he didn't like them? Or maybe it's because he ate his weight in chips and salsa?

LeeAnne and other staff members were always around asking if we needed something, taking dishes away, bringing more chips. Very attentive. Also, the bathrooms were clean. That's important!

As a family of four, with tip, our bill was $51. The meal was worth the cost and it's definitely a place we'll go to again.