“Better Than Home”

Ranked #17 of 19 Hotels in Westminster
Westminster, Colorado, Usa
“Better Than Home”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Our visit to Cottonwood Suites has been a really great experience. The staff are very personable and so very helpful, they go out of their way for their guests. It is like being at home but better. The rooms are a good size and very clean, the kitchen area comes in real handy and is just the right size. Good location, near plenty of restaurants.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed November 30, 2013

I've stayed in a lot of hotels but this was one of the worst I've found. After circling the building twice, I realized the small entrance on the east side was the actual lobby. I walked in and heard guests with their doors propped open yelling to each other across the halls. I asked the desk clerk how noisy this would be, she assured me it was quiet. With hesitation, I checked in and found my room. I opened the door to sheer disgust. There was food and "drink" all over the entrance wall by the small kitchen. Literally chunks of food on the wall!! The bathroom had drywall falling into the shower. The pillows on the beds were like flattened sacks of flour. I dared not turn on the wall heater (November in Denver) due to the chunks of funk all visibly inside the vent. The only wall mount light by the bed did not work. It was just gross - I didn't want to touch anything much less sleep there. The guests were yelling and banging on walls all night. I tried to complain but the lady working the front desk was busy on the phone yelling at her family about their dinner plans. Unbelievable - spend the extra few bucks and find somewhere else - seriously.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Ken L, Manager at Cottonwood Suites Westminster, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience. We are sorry that your experience was less than expected. We receive many positive reviews about our location and most importantly our warm and friendly staff. We are under new management in just the last couple of months and your feedback is extremely important to us. In fact I have shared it with our staff so that we can provide the best customer service possible. In the meantime should you wish to speak with a member of management please feel free to contact us directly so that we can resolve the issue you had during your stay. Again thank you for choosing Cottonwood Suites.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed August 21, 2013

My friends and I were on a road trip and decided to stop in the Denver area for 2 nights before heading to Vegas. Every other motel/hotel or cheap accommodation was taken in or around the Denver area except for Cottonwood Suites (on Expedia known as Savannah Suites, where we booked). Front desk lady was helpful, that's about it. Our room reeked of Cigarettes even though on Expedia I booked a non-smoking room. The Price wasn't bad and the the hotel is located about 20 minutes from both Boulder and Denver which was convenient. We stayed here for 2 nights and probably wouldn't stay here again. The area is good so you don't have to worry about your car being broken into or vandalized.
A word of advice, they do allow animals in this hotel so I would be weary of that. If you have allergies or are sensitive to cigarette smoke, then I wouldn't recommend it here. We're in our early 20's so anything cheap is a plus for us, but we would honestly not mind paying a few extra bucks to stay somewhere else.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank TKonishi
Denver, Colorado, United States
Reviewed July 31, 2013

My family stayed here for a few months before they went to new management and we were told they no longer accepted monthly rates. The room was not clean when we moved in (the linens had not been changed and the refrigerator was dirty). The staff was rude and unhelpful. They are always out of the cords for the internet and do not offer to let you know if one comes available which leads me to believe they may not have any at all. You'd be better off at motel 6 at least most of those have pools and internet

Room Tip: check the room out before you pay.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank noneya2013
WK73, Manager at Cottonwood Suites Westminster, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
We here at Cottonwood Suites do apologize for any bad experience you may have had at the hotel under the previous management. The hotel has been purchased in March, and we are in the process of looking at different companies to install WiFi. Also, we have been working very hard with the housekeeping staff to insure that all rooms are cleaned properly and ready for our guests at check in. Thank you for your feedback.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I obtained the reservation thru Travelocity's Secret Deal pricing. It was rated a 2 Star hotel with Wi-Fi.
On arrival to my room, I was told there were only Smoking Rooms available and, because I had obtained the reservation on-line, I didn't get to exercise a room preference anyways. The desk clerk did let me use some Febreeze. On the way back to the desk, an.other guest stopped me. She had used the Febreeze in her non-smoking room because the smell of cat urine was overpowering. She said the Febreeze didn't stop the odor and she moved to a Smoking Room rather than stay in the cat urine room.
Essentially, my room made Motel 6 a 5 Star resort.
There were no other hotel rooms available in the area because of various sporting and special events.
I asked about the Wi-Fi, was told it had been disconnected, and the front desk was out of Ethernet cords. I was given directions to a Wal-Mart and told I could buy my own.
I have contacted Travelocity and was told it will 7-10 business days for them to make an inquiry.
In the meantime, I avoid Travelocity, will never use the "secret Deal" again, and will never even think of staying at Cottonwood Suites.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank mackey719
WK73, Manager at Cottonwood Suites Westminster, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thank you for stay with the Cottonwood Suites Westminster. We apologize that we did not have a non-smoking room available when you arrived. The online travel agency that we work with note that is a request and is not a guarantee. We will always try to honor the guest request if the have the available rooms. As for the wireless internet being down, we do not have wireless internet nor do we advertise on any of the online travel agencies' websites that we have wireless internet. Again we do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Amarillo, Texas
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Unless you are desperate DO NOT STAY HERE! Lets put it this way, every hotel in the Denver metro area was sold out except this one! Arrived and was unceremoniously told the "online services were booking rooms they don't have". Even though room was fully paid for, I got stuck in a smoking room that REEKED. Bait and switch for sure. The whole place felt sketchy.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank strongarmlaw
WK73, Manager at Cottonwood Suites Westminster, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Thank you for staying with the Cottonwood Suites Westminster. We apologize that we did not have a non smoking room available when you arrived. The online travel agencies that we work with note that non-smoking as a request and is not guaranteed. I am sorry for any misunderstanding. We will always try to honor requests if we have the room types available.
Ogallala
Reviewed June 18, 2013

this place is terrible. The bed is hard as a rock, the smell when you walk in your room will just about knock you out and our friends toilet backed up and they brought them a plugger for them to work on it. very very out dated and cheap!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Tina T
WK73, Manager at Cottonwood Suites Westminster, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
I am sincerely sorry that you did not enjoy your stay at Cottonwood Suites. Housekeeping does not change the linen on a nightly stay guest unless requested by the guest. I apologize if this was not communicated to you at check in. Like most hotels we are trying to help the environment by conserving water. We are in the process of moving to flat screen televisions we hope to complete the project sometime this fall. I have also spoken to the staff about smoking outside the hotel it is very unprofessional, all the benches have been removed and replaced by flower pots.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westminster
Super 8 Westminster Denver North
Quality Inn & Suites Broomfield Westminster
Quality Inn & Suites Denver North -Westminster
La Quinta Inn Denver Northglenn
La Quinta Inn Denver Northglenn
#16 of 19 in Westminster
Hampton Inn Denver North / Thornton
Ramada Plaza Northglenn/Denver North

Been to Cottonwood Suites Westminster? Share your experiences!