“Most wonderful place with an amazing host”
Review of Cliff’s Edge Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Westcliffe
Cliff’s Edge Inn
Ranked #3 of 3 Westcliffe B&B and Inns
Lakewood, Colorado
“Most wonderful place with an amazing host”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Kathy and Bob are two genuinely wonderful people who make sure that everyone feels pampered. The gardens are over flowing with flowers and numerous quiet places to sit and soak up the ambiance. Only three rooms so it feels like a home more than a hotel. Fantastic breakfasts on the porch looking out at the Sangre de Cristos, wine and appetizers on another quiet shady spot soon after arriving and a glass of wine to help unwind from the ride there. Walking distance to a few great restaurants and the town market makes th location perfect.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jjtmcd
overthebriminn, Owner at Cliff’s Edge Inn, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
It was such a pleasure to have the two of you stay with us! We certainly appreciated your flexibility as we allowed our personal friends to bring Daniel and Mikayla with them - two well behaved children but the first we have allowed to stay at the inn. It is easy to run an inn with great guests like you and others who have stayed with us the last four years. Thank you for your kind words and we hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
el cajon ca
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Before you book a room at this B and B, please let me know first; I want to make sure you're not there with my wife and I at the same time. Why, you ask? It's because I want to completely hog and monopolize the two wonderful hosts, Bob and Kathy, all to ourselves. They spoiled us so much, I continue to yearn for their undivided attention! I want all the mouthwatering breakfasts to appease my own craven gluttony! Who wants to share with you? I want to devour all the scrumptious home baked goodies available all day for my own insatiable sweet tooth! I want an unobstructed view of the mountains from their porch, without your big head getting in the way! I want to luxuriate in all their beds, a la Goldilocks. I'm entitled to this serene getaway without listenening to your worriying and yackety-yacketing all day about the damn stock market! Get a life !
I think I've made myself pretty clear. This B and B will continue to get 5 stars from me, but only if I can get the run of the place all by my lonesome. Hope I don't see you there!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank don f
overthebriminn, Owner at Cliff’s Edge Inn, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
don f, you are TOO funny . . .and, of course, I would expect nothing less than a very creative review from the two of you. All you all, (that's Texan for all of you reading this) if you can ever be here at the OBI when Don and his wonderful wife are here you are in for a real treat - very nice, creative and just generally talented people. You all come (whether Don says to or not!)
Manchester-by-the-Sea, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Please schedule your trip to Over The Brim in Westcliffe, Co. We enjoyed our stay so much. the b&b was extremely clean and lovely. The hosts, Kathy and Rob we very welcoming and friendly, but not intrusive. The food was incredible--we felt like royalty! Best ever!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
overthebriminn, Owner at Cliff’s Edge Inn, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thank you so much for taking time to write your kind review. We hope you will come back to see us soon! We have the very best guests - no words can explain what a joy it has been to run Over the Brim Inn!!!!
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We love Over The Brim because of its exceptional gormet breakfasts, beautiful gardens and amazing attention to detail. The setting is special also - overlooking majestic mountain ranges in the charming but authentic western town of Westcliffe. We enjoyed the plush linens, flowers everywhere, beautiful decor and most especially, the warm welcome and friendliness. We plan to go back often because we have been to enough B&Bs to recognize excellence. If you go, try The Letter Drop Restaurant - another winner.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
overthebriminn, Owner at Cliff’s Edge Inn, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
LetaGrace,
Thank you for the "very" kind review. We hope you will come back often - we really enjoyed you and your hubby staying with us!
Portales, New Mexico
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Without a doubt, Over the Brim Inn is the best Bed and Breakfast I have experienced. Kathy and Bob are wonderful hosts. The decor is lovely and inviting. The gardens hide pockets of delightful surprises. So clean. The linens are lush. No detail is overlooked, including fresh flowers in the bathroom, a tiny flashlight in case of emergency beside the bed, and lightening-fast internet. Kathy is a superb cook and goes to great lengths to make sure every guest is comfortable.

Room Tip: Kathy has wonderful recommendations for meals and activities. Be sure to ask Kathy about the history...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you, MesquiteMaMa. . . our guests (like you) are easy to serve! We hope you will come back often and enjoy the beauty of the valley in the summer time!
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Our stay at Over the Brim Inn was a real delight. Kathy and Bob, our hosts treated us like treasured friends with great conversation, fabulous food and genuine hospitality. When we arrived there were delicious home baked brownies and other snacks awaiting us, then Kathy served a yummy hot appetizer and wine before we headed out to dinner, and breakfast the next morning was delicious. The rooms at the Inn are comfortable, nicely decorated and immaculate. When we arrived we discoved we had a flat tire and Bob took the tire off and drove my husband to a tire store to get a new one. You won't find a greater example of Colorado hospitality than at Over the Brim Inn.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Nancy,
Can't believe it's been almost a year . . . and that I haven't responded. I thought for sure I had and guess not since when I went in to respond to my other guests. . .there were your wonderful comments. Time to come and relax again . . . without the stress of a wedding! :)
Gladstone, Missouri, United States
Reviewed September 5, 2012

We have just returned from a wonderful wedding weekend for our daughter and son-in-law in Westcliffe. Our daughter is the one who suggested we look into staying at Over the Brim Inn. What a delightful and relaxing experience it was in the midst of wedding festivities! The first thing we noticed upon driving into Over the Brim was the beautiful setting, lovely gardens, and quaint home. The minute I met Kathy I could tell that she was going to be more than a hostess! During our stay, she was so friendly and accomodating. Because of the wedding, we weren't able to participate in breakfast or happy hour at the scheduled time. So, Kathy made changes in her regular time to accomodate us! I was amazed! She is a gourmet cook, but very conscious of health issues. I couldn't believe that she would even share her delicious recipes! The atmosphere in Over the Brim Inn is very friendly, relaxing, and charming. In fact, Kathy is such a perfect hostess that she made us feel like we were in our own home instead of visiting in hers. She has a genuine love for the people staying with her. Unfortunately, Bob was out of town, so we weren't able to meet him. As a side note, the rooms are beautifully decorated right down to the homemade soap by her daughter! They were very clean and well kept, as is the entire home. Kathy told us to make ourselves at home and use the home as if it were our own! It was a perfect place to relax and be refreshed in the midst of wedding activities. Thank you, Kathy, for becoming a friend and helping us to enjoy our stay in Westcliffe! It was perfection!

Room Tip: We loved Annie's room!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Nancy C
overthebriminn, Owner at Cliff’s Edge Inn, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write us such a great review! We hope the two of you will come back soon when you can REALLY relax!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westcliffe
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#6 of 13 in Canon City
Cutty's Hayden Creek Resort - A Cruise Inn Park
Parkview Inn Motel
Parkview Inn Motel
#2 of 13 in Canon City

Been to Cliff’s Edge Inn? Share your experiences!