“Terrible Treatment”

Days Inn Wellington Fort Collins Area
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Wellington
Reviewed October 13, 2012

I and my family are staying at this hotel after moving here to Colorado while our house is being readied to move into. I have stayed at hundreds of hotels and have never been treated with as much disdain and disrespect as I have at this hotel. This is stemming from lies that one of the desk staff told the manager.

One of the evenings that we stayed, we had bought dinner to eat at the hotel rather than eating out. The rooms don't have enough room or tables and chairs for a family of four to sit down and eat dinner together so we utilized the breakfast dinning area.

My wife was told that if we needed to put anything in the refrigerator, that it would be no problem, we had an item that needed to stay cold, my wife checked to see if the item would fit in the refrigerator in our room (which we were charged an extra $10.00 for) the item wouldn't fit so she was putting it in the breakfast room refrigerator. Upon seeing this one of the night managers (Diane) came in and in a very smarmy and condescending tone asked my wife "can I help you find something" and my wife told her we were told that we told we could put something in the refrigerator if we needed to. This, we thought, was the end of it.

The next morning at ten o'clock the room was locked and no one was allowed to enter the room, which previously was left unlocked so guests could get coffee or water or anything else they needed. After some digging we found out that Diane told the manager Paige that we were going through the cabinets!!! which was an outright lie! So not only was she treating us like we were the scum of the earth but she was treating the rest of the guests unfairly by having the room locked as well. From that point on we were treated with disrespect and Diane felt it was her duty to watch every move we made.
There was a strong smell of marijuana in the hotel hallway near the laundry and elevator on the second floor and we "felt" the eyes were upon us as being source of the smell, which we also found out that was there the day before we even checked in.
This is just a small sampling of the treatment we received and the only reason we continued to stay was because of the location in relation to the house we were moving into.
Not only are they receiving a poor review on here but Days Inn customer service will be receiving our complaint in the morning.
I will never stay in this hotel again and anyone that I know that is planning to stay there will be given the heads up about how unprofessional and discourteous Diane and Paige are.
The owner of this property should seriously evaluate these two employees for fitness of employment!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Chris C

Reviewed October 9, 2012

We prefer staying in small towns & this Days Inn was the perfect spot in Wellington. It was located near the highway coming into town & easy to find.
The lady at the desk was very friendly & helpful. The room was reasonably priced.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 2, 2012

We hit Wellington on a Sunday on our road trip and were happy for once to book into a chain motel knowing it would have the full facilities to do laundry etc. Actually, there wasn't much choice but chain motels. Being Sunday, it was almost empty and fit our bill very well. DeeDee on the desk was very helpful and very friendly.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 15, 2012

We went to Wellington, Co for a Family Reunion in June. The hotel was packed to the brim. It was 90 degrees + that day, and we were running the air conditioner. We set our temp so it would be tolerable when we returned to the room. At about 8pm we realized the air wasn't working. I called the front desk and was told to reset the air conditioner. I followed instructions and when it came on, it was blowing hot air. We were told that it will take up to 30 minutes. Meanwhile, I have 5 children in my suite with me, as a few of the other parents needed babysitters. At this point we opened the windows. There was lots of motorcyclers travelling that weekend. As you know they are very loud. I called the front desk every hour until 12 am only to be told we would be switching rooms, then reset again, then finally told we wouldn't switch rooms because the hotel was filled. We had other family who was in this same hotel who didn't have a problem. All of the first floor guests had no air, and it was hotter in the hall! I have complained to Days Inn Corporate only to be given an apology letter. It was a miserable trip due to lack of sleep and the room being miserably hot.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank BERNADINEdeCO
Reviewed July 28, 2012

My husband and I had been driving for 20 hours trying to make it to Wyoming and we needed a place to stay. Needles to say all of Colorado was booked. We continued to drive and saw the days inn and figured we would give it a shot.

We payed $116.00 and our room had a king size bed. Room was huge! Bathroom was huge also! Smelled good and was spotless. Guy at front counter was really kind also!

If you really want a good room for a pretty decent price defiantly stay here!

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed May 10, 2012

This place was perfect for our little stay. We were going to Cheyenne for Frontier Days. We will stay again! It is clean and the staff is polite and helpful!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 20, 2012

From the point of entry, to the clean well equipped room, to the adequate continental breakfast, to the helpful staff. It was all positive. The hotel itself has unusually pleasant ambiance and Wellington is a charming town with a couple excellent restaurants. It is close to Fort Collins yet has the quiet charm of a farming community. Loved it.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wellington
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Ft. Collins South
#1 of 31 in Fort Collins
Quality Inn & Suites University
Quality Inn & Suites University
#2 of 31 in Fort Collins

Been to Days Inn Wellington Fort Collins Area? Share your experiences!