“clean, but dated and without air conditioning” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Chedsey Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Walden
Chedsey Motel
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Walden
Colorado
“clean, but dated and without air conditioning”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012

The motel is old and has never been updated. There is no air conditioning, so hot summer nights are not pleasant here.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
lynn s, Owner at Chedsey Motel, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I would like to let you know that I am in the process of updating the Chedsey motel. I am not sure I will ever be able to afford to put in air conditioning but I will be more than happy to give my customers an extra fan. Please come stay at the Chedsey again and we will do our best to make your stay comfortable.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Leicester UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2011

A very basic but clean motel with a welcoming owner. Room was clean and comfortable with a fridge. No air conditioning but a fan and it was cool enough at night with the windows open. There isn't a lot of choice as to where to stay in Waldon but I'm glad we chose the Chedsey. also very good value at $50 per night.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank LeicesterUKTigerfan
lynn s, Owner at Chedsey Motel, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you for your review . We do have beautiful scenery here. Just to let you know that I have had to raise my rates by five dollars. I hope this will not keep you from returning.
Golden, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2011

What a dump. Stayed here with a fishing buddy. Had stray cats running all over my vehicle and the constant footsteps of illegal alien who seem to be weekly guests. Room had a cracked sink, the sheets were thin and threadbare and threateneing notes posted throuhout the room about "using towels to wash your cars and motorcycles". This place gave me the creeps and probably bedbugs. If I had a dog, I probably wouldn;t want him to sleep here. AVOID at all costs.

• Stayed December 2010
6 Thank MrJiggs500
lynn s, Owner at Chedsey Motel, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
I am sorry your stay here was not enjoyable but I do not know of any motel that allows you to clean fish in the room. Please come stay in beautiful North Park Walden Colorado again even if it is at another motel.
wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2010

Arrived later in the day & did a little hotel/motel price comparing. No on at the desk, just a pad of paper & some keys. Seems the owner had things to do & was trusting everyone to do the right thing. Took a key to check out the room. Large room but nothing fancy. Checked out two other places & decided to stay here. Met the owner later (about 8pm). Had supper down the street. Fabulous view in the am while enjoying my coffee. Yes, clean room & shower. Also had a hot tub.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
4 Thank jlmccon
lynn s, Owner at Chedsey Motel, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you for writing a review. I am sorry I was not here when you arrived but I was at the 4H livestock sale and I appreciated everyone who helped themselves. Please come visit us again.