“Frequent visits with visiting family.”

Ranked #3 of 4 things to do in Walden
Reviewed April 5, 2013

It has a wonderful collection of pioneer artifacts and everyday life, many from local families still living in this area today. It's well worth a visit! Great examples of everyday pioneer life, homes, cooking, work, school etc, etc. Only open in the Summer months.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

I only wish we had more time to spend there, the gentleman that worked there as a volunteer so interesting that I could have chatted with him all day

1  Thank Chris D
Reviewed June 24, 2012

I hate museums and only went into this one because I had time to kill, and it was GREAT!! So many interesting items from Colorado history. They even had an old telephone switchboard that was apparently used up until 1970. You really get the feel of what rural Colorado was like way back when. A very friendly and wonderful man showed us all around. Don't miss this museum.

2  Thank NewMexic0
Reviewed August 20, 2011

This was a first rate museum in a tiny little town. My wife and I visited one July afternoon and were greatly impressed. The disaplays were quite informative and the docens were extremely knowledgable. You must see the information on the National Christmas Tree. Just that is worth the trip.

1  Thank TeacherMick
Reviewed August 18, 2011

This was my second trip to the Pioneer Museum and I enjoyed it as much as the first.

I love visiting this frontier cabin turned museum. It’s full of wonderful momentos from days gone by. Individual rooms are set up as vignettes of daily North Park life.

It’s an extensive museum for such a small town. Admission is free, but donations are appreciated. The docent said the museum would be expanding soon.

2  Thank TaylorLake