“Hit or Miss”

Ranked #2 of 4 Restaurants in Walden
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Takeout
Description: Dine in our casual family dining room and enjoy a hearty meal or in our 'Fireside Room' while relaxing with a drink from our bar. Summer weather gives way to dining out on our open air patio.
“Hit or Miss”
Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

The title is not about the food. The food at Moose Creek is always good. I'd say very good. The service on the other hand, well that depends on who's working. Almost all servers are slow and inattentive but most are friendly. There are a couple (as "Grumpy Place"pointed out) that make it almost worth not even staying for the food. However, I'm there every summer and the grumpies are not as frequent. I'd say it's worth a shot to try for a newcomer.

Thank R. Thomas A
PapaJ1952, Owner at Moose Creek Cafe, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
Thank you for your recent visit to Moose Creek Cafe. I am deeply disapointed that our staff did not make you feel more welcome. I know we all have bad days but our servers know that I hold a much higher standard here and I have discussed this with them regarding the situation. I hope that in the future you will give us another go.
James

Haddam, Connecticut
“Good Food - Vegetarian and Not”
Reviewed August 10, 2014

We stopped at the Moose Creek Cafe in Walden, CO, after a 3 hour drive through the Cache La Poudre Wilderness Area. There is seating both inside and outside. The food is plentiful and good. And, for vegetarians there are a few veggie items on the menu, including a very good veggie burger. Good to know that there is someplace you can eat after a long morning's drive. We ate out on the front porch and enjoyed the beautiful day.

Visited August 2014
Green Mountain Falls, Colorado
“Grumpy Place!”
Reviewed August 8, 2014

Just went there for a cup of coffee since none was available at my hotel. Lady working there was angry, rude, even hostile and non-communicative. The coffee was okay but I did not stay for food in such a hostile environment.

Visited August 2014
PapaJ1952, Owner at Moose Creek Cafe, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
Thank you for your recent visit to Moose Creek Cafe. I am deeply disappointed that our staff did not make you feel more welcome. I know we all have bad days but our servers know that I hold a much higher standard here and I have discussed this with them regarding the situation. I hope that in the future you will give us another go.
James
Rio Vista, California
“Country Fried Steak”
Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

We stopped on our way through North Park at this little cafe. Good service and homemade, from local cattle, chicken fried steak salt and peppered just right. Nice to find a place to stop that has good local cafe food.

“" Great Cafe "”
Reviewed July 17, 2014

What a great place. You are in the middle of nowhere and come upon the Moose Cafe on the Main Street of Walden, Colorado. There was a local cowboy at the Cafe with his lead horse and pack horses hitched beside the hotel. He added atmosphere to my trip. He let children from the cafe pet the horses. There is indoor and outdoor seating at the Cafe. Yes you will be eating with the locals as well as tourists in the area. This is a very biker friendly Cafe with ample parking for numerous motorcycles in front of the Cafe. AND the food is excellent.

• Visited July 2014