“The Victor Hotel- An Authentic Colorado Experience”
Review of The Victor Hotel

The Victor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Victor
Reviewed February 19, 2012

We stayed at the Victor Hotel on a Friday night in February. We were given room 301 (Eddie's room) a lovely corner room with views of Victor and the mountains out the large windows. We didn't experience any haunting events, but next time we stay I will request a room on the 4th floor to see if it is any different.

I was thrilled to know that experiences such as the town of Victor and the Victor Hotel still exist. It is worlds apart from Aspen or other ski resorts, but in my mnd a much more authentic (and affordable!) Colorado experience. The winter rate special that we got was for $50 a night- an incredible value. My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay- it is the perfect getaway for couples, especially if you live in nearby CO Springs. We enjoyed piping hot pizza and beers across the street at Dirty Sally's and returned to a cozy and clean room at the Victor Hotel. In the morning I grabbed some coffee from the lobby and walked the historic streets of Victor- a photographer's dream! We are looking forward to returning soon.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ColoradoTraveler112

Reviewed October 25, 2011

We stayed at this hotel just for one night, our trip was all about the Colorado's history.
We were not disappointed, nice old decor inside the hotel, very knowledgeable and friendly staff.
The elevator is worth checking out, we were told it is the oldest running elevator in Colorado.
The views from the windows were overlooking nice old mining shafts and mill.
No breakfast is provided, but there is free coffee in the lobby.
Many rooms are taken by long term employees of the nearby factory.
Well worth staying if you like the feel of an old times.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Boleslav
Reviewed August 21, 2011

Me and my family stayed at Victor as a return to our wedding anniversary. Me and my wife got married in Cripple Creek back in 1995. There were no rooms in Cripple Creek but a lady told us about a Bed n' Breakfast in Victor called the Mother Lode. I called my father back in Missouri to let him know where we were and he told me it was a small world indeed. I had a great-great-uncle that used to live in Victor at the turn of the century. Anyway...we stayed at the Victor Hotel and it was awesome! I asked for a room that may be haunted. There are a lot of stories about room 301.....but I believe Eddie has gone to other floors as well. On a Friday night, I just pushed the button to go to the fourth floor, when I saw, looking through the birdcage elevator, through the lobby and across the street to the Kinnikinnik Emporium a lady wearing Victorian style clothing. She had the long white dress and she seemed out of place,,,,almost unnatural. I tried to stop the elevator so I could watch her further, but to no avail. As soon as the elevator hit the 4th floor, I ran around to the staircase where there was a window...the direction she was walking.... and she never appeared. That was awesome! I also believe the ghost of Eddie was playing with my watch. I laid my watch out with the band laying flat....the next morning it was fastened as if it was around a wrist.
Anyway, I can't wait to come back.

Room Tip: Ask for the hauntings. Even if you don't, you will be pleasantly surprised.....Just say
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank rogerlee0
Reviewed July 21, 2011

We stayed here last summer and it was a very cool hotel! I've never stayed in another hotel with such a unique style. It's the only game in town, and is a good option if you can't find a spot in Cripple Creek.

We didn't know that there were potential "hauntings". We had an incident on the 4th floor about 5AM. The elevator started running by itself and our window slammed itself shut. Then we read about the hotel history when back in town. Awesome!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank TexAggie05
Reviewed July 16, 2011

This hotel in eclectic Victor is always clean, updated and comfortable.

This hotel is also haunted and is a lot of fun to visit. Kick back and transport yourself a century in the past.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Phil225
Reviewed April 10, 2011

Hotel Victor is in Victor, CO just a few miles from the casinos at Cripple Creek.The hotel was a much better value than any of the hotels we checked out in Cripple Creek. The building is over 100 years old and has been recently remodeled and all have private baths. The rooms are large but they have no king size beds, only queens. The Saturday night we were they the locals were having a "Mexican Fiesta" at the hotel. Instead of going to Cripple Creek that night for dinner we stayed and enjoyed home cooked dishes and visited with the local residents. All in all very enjoyable stay and will return again.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank rockymtn26
Reviewed July 27, 2010

We stayed here as part of a weekend in Victor with my boyfriend's parents, and I was really surprised at the cleanliness and modernization of this old hotel. It used t obe really dilapidated like old high country gold towns can be, but the rooms were very clean, the bathrooms were redone, a fan was provided in the room and best of all, the windows really open! Beds were comfy and romms were a good size. One tip, try to get a room that is not on the north side of the building, because the mine trucks park there and they wake up at about 5 a.m. The walls are thin like old buildings too so you hear people moving around and talking, although it could just be the ghosts.

Otherwise it was really historic, quiet, and met all of our needs.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank COtoAK
Also consider these accommodations in or near Victor
Cripple Creek Hospitality House & Travel Park
#4 of 13 in Canon City
Carr Manor
Carr Manor
#1 of 9 in Cripple Creek

Been to The Victor Hotel? Share your experiences!