“great pizza - great location - great atmosphere - great price”

Blue Moose Pizza Vail
Ranked #9 of 124 Restaurants in Vail
Cuisines: American, Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: We are currently closed. Please come see us on Friday, May 26th when we re-open for the summer. Thanks for a great ski season! Life is short, eat more pizza! Family friendly to the core, the Blue Moose offers delicious NY Style Pizza in addition to a variety of Italian starters and entrees and is the perfect casual dining stop for groups of all kinds and sizes.
Saint Paul, Minnesota
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great pizza - great location - great atmosphere - great price”
Reviewed December 15, 2010

Num! A favorite in Vail! We love the pizzas, calzones, and cookie dough!!! We love to come here with our kids for lunch and dinner! A definite stop for families looking for great food, service, and fun!

1 Thank emilyk075

Springfield, Illinois
“Cute restaurant in a great location in Lionshead.”
Reviewed November 9, 2010

This was a nice pizza parlor that was very clean, friendly and in a good location. However the pizza was just slightly better than average. Very much like franchise pizza. aka Domino's or Papa John's. Very trendy modern decor. Nice variety of drinks offered.

Tucson, Arizona
“Met our Expectations”
Reviewed October 12, 2010

We stopped in for lunch. They had a special of one slice pizza and drink for $4. My son and I had one slice each. We also ordered wings. My hubby ordered a greek salad with chicken. All was very good and yummy. Service was very good and prices were as expected for slow season in Vail. I would go back.

Atlanta
“Great pizza and great atmosphere”
Reviewed September 23, 2010

This was probably in the top five pizza places we have eaten, and we had two small children so we often find ourselves eating pizza. The atmosphere is very kid friendly and the prices aren't outrageous even if you weren't in Vail. Adults will enjoy the restaurant as well.

Westminster, Colorado
“Group Reservation - RIP OFF!!!!”
Reviewed September 22, 2010

My daughter's soccer team made a group reservation to have a team dinner. We were told that the cost would be almost $20 per person ($19.26 to be exact) to have our team dinner at their restaurant. The cost included a pizza / salad buffet and a soft drink. I was shocked at the cost of this "deal" because we could come in and order a large specialty pizza for about $23, but since we were coming in as a group, it was going to cost me $80 to feed my family of four. Additionally, my kids are 11 and 7 years old and will only eat two pieces of pizza!!! I complained about their policy and was contacted by Sarah Franke, the Communications Manager. She stated "Unfortunately the policy and pricing are based on the space we are reserving for the group and the effort of coordinating an easy location and manner for the teams to gather." I fail to see how moving a group of tables together justifies a 75% price increase for a family of four! Does anyone else think this is the most ridiculous "policy"?!

Been to Blue Moose Pizza Vail? Share your experiences!