“Group Reservation - RIP OFF!!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Blue Moose Pizza Vail
Ranked #7 of 123 Restaurants in Vail
Cuisines: Italian, American, Pizza
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Life is short, eat more pizza! Family friendly to the core, the Blue Moose offers delicious NY Style Pizza in addition to a variety of Italian starters and entrees and is the perfect casual dining stop for groups of all kinds and sizes.
Westminster, Colorado
“Group Reservation - RIP OFF!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2010

My daughter's soccer team made a group reservation to have a team dinner. We were told that the cost would be almost $20 per person ($19.26 to be exact) to have our team dinner at their restaurant. The cost included a pizza / salad buffet and a soft drink. I was shocked at the cost of this "deal" because we could come in and order a large specialty pizza for about $23, but since we were coming in as a group, it was going to cost me $80 to feed my family of four. Additionally, my kids are 11 and 7 years old and will only eat two pieces of pizza!!! I complained about their policy and was contacted by Sarah Franke, the Communications Manager. She stated "Unfortunately the policy and pricing are based on the space we are reserving for the group and the effort of coordinating an easy location and manner for the teams to gather." I fail to see how moving a group of tables together justifies a 75% price increase for a family of four! Does anyone else think this is the most ridiculous "policy"?!

Boulder, Colorado
“Perfect for a large group!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2010

My company brings a large group (20 people or more) to Blue Moose every summer and the staff is always supremely helpful in preparing for the event, as well as accommodating our large numbers. The manager and staff offer great, friendly service and the location is easy to get to from anywhere in Vail. To top it off, the menu is vast and the food delicious. We come back every year!

Saint John, Canada
“Great pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2010

Three of us ducked into the Blue Moose to grab a pizza. Lots of great selection on the menu and a good variety of beer. The pizza had a relatively thin crust and was very good and reasonably priced. All three of us enjoyed it and I would recommend it if you are looking for a laid back, relaxed spot to grab a bite. Lots of people were there with their kids, so it seemed like a good family spot.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Chicago
“It was good 3X!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2010

We spent a week in Vail and our anual pizza outing was usually made to Pazzos Pizza in Vail village (great food) however we stayed in Lionshead this time and went to the Blue Moose. It was definity good pizza at a good price. We ended up eating there 3 times because of its convenience (we were with kids) and price. I even overpaid for a little stuffed animal for my little one we had so much fun there. Definitly worth the visit.

1 Thank DubluZero7
california
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pizza? You have to be kidding.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2010

This is just horrible pizza, I don't know where to begin - I imagine a frozen, mass grocery store pizza to have a similar crust. If you have enjoyed pizza in New York or Chicago (both styles), you will question why this product is referred to as pizza. If you have eaten in Naples, don't even come near this place. Separately, the salads were lacking as well -- a "Greek Salad" simply had some feta and ordinary black olives -- the addition of cucumbers, kalamata olives, greek peppers, and tomatoes would have radically transformed this dish.

• 3 of 5 bubbles