“I Love Moose”

Ranked #24 of 129 Restaurants in Vail
Cuisines: American, Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: We are currently closed. Please come see us on Friday, May 26th when we re-open for the summer. Thanks for a great ski season! Life is short, eat more pizza! Family friendly to the core, the Blue Moose offers delicious NY Style Pizza in addition to a variety of Italian starters and entrees and is the perfect casual dining stop for groups of all kinds and sizes.
Reviewed October 8, 2013

The moose is one of my favorite animals so I am looking out for them whenever I manage to make it to anywhere they roam. Unfortunately, I have not seen one in the wild since I was in college, despite several hiking trips (while dragging spouse and/or kids) into remote locations based on the likelihood of a sighting. While in Vail recently, a lady we met on a trail informed us that a moose and her calf had recently been showing up in a nearby area. I managed to drag my wife out on the trail at dawn and dusk several times, but the closest we came to a moose sighting was the Blue Moose Pizza. We ate there one afternoon after hiking along the top of one of the ski mountains. The pizza was delicious, especially along with a refreshing beverage. We thought we were only stopping for a snack, but ended up eating so much we skipped dinner. The weather was nice enough we sat outside and had a great time "people watching" while we enjoyed the meal. The location is great, situated right in the middle of Lionshead. Good time, good food. And I got a t-shirt with a moose on it.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,105)

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Meg was wonderful to work with. We had a big group in town for a soccer tournament and Meg did everything to insure that we were satisfied and the pizza and salad were great!

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Great location in Lionshead new area. Pizza very good and they accommodated a big group which was nice.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Right in the heart of Lionshead Village in Vail, this primarily pizza focused restaurant is a great place to grab a casual meal. There is indoor and outdoor seating. Kid friendly.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

Traditional pizza that would sell great anywhere. It was a nice break from the fancy dinners and specialty foods.

Been to Blue Moose Pizza Vail? Share your experiences!