“Excellent choice”

Ranked #6 of 126 Restaurants in Vail
Cuisines: American, Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: We are currently closed. Please come see us on Friday, May 26th when we re-open for the summer. Thanks for a great ski season! Life is short, eat more pizza! Family friendly to the core, the Blue Moose offers delicious NY Style Pizza in addition to a variety of Italian starters and entrees and is the perfect casual dining stop for groups of all kinds and sizes.
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Food was outstanding (pizza, ravioli, calzone, beer). Perhaps made better by the rainy day outside, but no matter, my wife and I enjoyed the food. Service was acceptable (typical CO ski town).

Write a ReviewReviews (1,047)

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We were daring and tried the Vonnderful (grilled chicken, artichoke hearts, roasted garlic, sundried tomato, mozzarella and goat cheese)--very impressed. Those ingredients paired well with the light, flaky crust. Our girls' cheese pizza was one of the best cheese pizzas I have tried--and I'm not a fan of plain pizza. Great place with kids.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

The food is good, salads are small and prices are a bit high for what you get. they do have gluten free pizza and whole wheat crust. service is average. good for families and large parties.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Jarrett is awesome! He did a great job! pizza was delicious and my friend and i had a great time. best pizza joint this side of the mississippi river! ha
enjoy the specialty pizzas or make your own. either way its great.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

When it's 11p, and you're really craving pizza, it's hard to complain about anything that's not frozen, but this place was a rip-off.

My wife and I were dying for some pizza, and Blue Moose was the closest place in Lionshead Village. I called them up and ordered a 2-topping large, and it was $22!!! And, that was for me to go pick it up.

The quality of the pie was decent, at best, but for $22, I would have expected a lot higher quality, even in the village. This is not an artisanal pie by any means, but closer to Blackjack Pizza in actual quality.

Oh well, when they're in the village, surrounded by hungry people that have been skiing all day, they pretty much have you by the you-know-what.

Been to Blue Moose Pizza Vail? Share your experiences!