Vail Mountain Lodge
  • Bar/Lounge
Sonnenalp(Vail)(Great Value!)
$320
  • Pool
Manor Vail Lodge(Vail)(Great Value!)
$188
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Talisa, Vail(Vail)(Great Value!)
$249
$152
Starwood.com
  • Restaurant
$510
$296
  • Pool
Lion Square Lodge(Vail)(Great Value!)
$218
The Sebastian - Vail(Vail)(Great Value!)
$322
$279
  • Pool
Vail Marriott Mountain Resort(Vail)(Great Value!)
$189
  • Restaurant
The Lodge at Vail, A RockResort(Vail)(Great Value!)
$159
$478
$319
Hotels.com
  • Pool
All reviewsterra bistroclimbing wallathletic clubathletic facilityyoga classesworkout facilitiesbreakfast was includedtop notchpublic parkinggreat propertycovered bridgeseparate showerfitness centerthe room was nicebed was very comfortablewalking distance to everythingperfect location
Reviewed October 24, 2010

Vail Mountain Lodge and Spa is our new favorite hotel! When first planning our wedding in Vail we wanted to have a large party. We even arranged to stay with a snooty hotel for the big ordeal, but after consideration we decided to go with a small romantic wedding. When we changed our minds on size, we also changed our minds on where we wanted to spend our time and money for our big weekend!

When looking for other hotels in Vail to hold our wedding weekend, I remembered my favorite restaurant Terra Bistro! I also remembered the amazing gym and spa at Vail Mountain Lodge and Spa. We stopped by the hotel and met Adam and Jim, the manager of rooms and Terra Bistro. They were nice to speak to regarding different options and took down our information.

I was pleasantly surprised to work with two individuals who gave me such great service and attention to detail! We started talking about room rates, dinner options, and creative ways of holding our romantic weekend.

We learned of an idea to have all of our guests stay at the hotel and hold the wedding and reception there and on a budget! We wanted to get married in the back of the hotel on Gore Creek. Luckily we had the opportunity of working with Adam and Andy of VMLS, who were amazing at helping us with all of our needs and the needs of our guests!

The service is incredible and so are the rooms! Each room has a delicious bed with a down comforter, fireplace, and an incredibly spacious bathroom! The bathroom has heated floors, shower, and an amazing bath tub! Our guests couldn’t believe how luxurious the rooms were for the rates they were spending in Vail!

The rooms and the service are top notch! We negotiated a package where our guests stayed in the hotel for a reduced rate including, a terrific complimentary breakfast, spa discounts, and delectable dinner package including renting a condo in the hotel! The staff at VMLS and Terra Bistro impressed us! Our guests couldn’t believe how creative and special our entire wedding weekend was at the hotel!

My husband and I know that we will be back for many stays for years to come and even our guests say they want to return for our anniversary! We love the Vail Mountain Lodge and Spa, their staff, and all the memories we created there!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ShellyB0910
Reviewed October 23, 2010

We were in Vail in October celebrating our anniversary. What a great time of year to visit Vail. Quiet, relaxing and beautiful. Excellent service at this hotel & in Vail Village restaurants. The Vail Mtn Lodge & Spa is perfectly located, easily accessible, clean, friendly and attentive staff, always available. We parked for free (seasonally available, we know) on Monday and did not need our car again until Thursday at check out. Terra Bistro was incredible. Too many restaurants in Vail Village/Lionshead to choose from and the staff was always willing to make recommendations. We stayed in a Mountain Veiw Room. Great views of Gore Creek & the mountain. Walking around Vail Village, not all hotels would be able to offer such unobstructed views. We hope to return in the not so distant future and would stay at Vail Mtn Lodge & Spa without hesitation.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DJJM15
Reviewed September 16, 2010

We live in Denver and escape to Vail for weekends when we can get away. We have stayed in the Vail Mountain Lodge & Spa a few times. It is absolutely fantastic! The Camp Hale Suite is a slice of heaven. We have stayed there both with our kids and just with adults and it is so perfect. The rooms are beatiful. The spa is divine and the restaurant is spectacular. We have had breakfast and dinner at Terra Bistro and both were high quality and fantastic. The spa was very professional, clean and well done. We highly reccomend it! They also have great deals during shoulder season (Spring & Fall)

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank ParticularDenver
Reviewed August 3, 2010

My husband and I spent 3 relaxing days here. The decor is warm and charming and the facilities are top notch. We were very impressed with the athletic club and amenities within. I also was able to take the time to have a spa treatment which was really tops! The staff was unusually friendly, attentive, and knowledgeable. I really enjoyed the location: directly on Gore Creek and close to all the shops and restaurants. The daily breakfast buffet included with our room rate was delicious. Speaking of the restaurant, the bar at Terra Bistro served the best Cosmopolitan I've ever had! I highly recommend the Vail Mountain Lodge and Spa!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gammy3
Reviewed June 24, 2010

Stayed here in June 2010 for a week-long trip. The restaurant and gym were nice, but the customer service of the front desk and hotel management was very poor. Do not believe their website when it advertises "complimentary hi-speed Internet.". I had plans to put in a few hours of work each day, answering emails, etc. But the wireless wouldn't work in my room. When I inquired about this at the front desk, I was told that it only works on the first, second and fourth floors (I was on the third). I asked why and the clerk only responded that "it's free and I shouldn't complain." I have never once in my life complained to a hotel or restaurant or hotel about service -- I have a go along and get along personality - and yet I was treated with impoliteness and hostility. I asked for a different room but was told none were available. I asked for a credit so I could purchase a week's worth of Vail's wireless service but was told that the hotel's wireless was free and they wouldn't offer a credit. (note that this would have cost the hotel a sum total of $29.95). I asked them to change their website so it wasn't misleading to which they responded, "we don't control the website." I have encountered some rude people in my time travelling but never as blatantly rude and completely unwilling to be helpful. I will never stay there again and will steer anyone clear of this place who is traveling to Vail.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SeeTheSights2007
vailmtnlodge, Manager at Vail Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2010

I am sorry to hear about the problems you encountered with the hotels complimentary high-speed wireless Internet during your stay with us. Yes the hotel does offer wireless/wired Internet throughout the building including the third floor. Unfortunately when you alerted the Front Desk about your connection problems the service to the third floor was experiencing problems. Our staff should have informed you of this and stated that a service call was already made. Also they should have made you aware that the “wired” service was fine. We had the wireless service back up and running by the afternoon the same day you spoke to the Front Desk. We placed a call to your room and left you a voicemail message letting you know the service was running again and checking if you had any other issues. In the event we were unable to get the wireless service back up we would have made every effort to move your room or reimburse you for any charges you incurred purchasing other wireless service. Please know that we will use this situation in training our staff and thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. Adam Considine Lodging General Manager Vail Mountain Lodge & Spa