“Awesome Property & Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Tivoli Lodge

Tivoli Lodge
Ranked #3 of 30 Hotels in Vail
Denver, CO
“Awesome Property & Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2014

The hotel excellence was only surpassed by the exceptional service. Consistently. Every time I stay. Comfortable beds. Clean well equipped bathrooms. Mini kitchenette & coffee in the room.. but great breakfast buffet downstairs. Easy chairs. Nice toiletries (I took my lo'occitane home with me.) I'll stay again. Highly recommend!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (362)
minocqua
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2014

I have spent 4 days at the Tivoli Lodge March 30th- April 3rd 2014. The facility is beautiful, with spacious rooms, well equipped and stylish bathrooms, very large lounging room with pretty views and comprehensive breakfast service. The lodge has a hot pool which I have not used but many guests did and seem to have enjoyed it. I loved that the guests can use their ski and boot general area to store our ski equipment, very conveniently located.

The location is literally steps from the slopes. At the end of the skiing day I would ski down to the Topher hill and the lodge is maybe 70 yards from there.

The staff was friendly, helpful and resourceful across the board.

The only missing thing for me is that the Lodge did not have a restaurant for dinners also, only for breakfast.

My trip was cut short unexpectedly but it has been the best skiing vacation I have had. Compares to French Alps :-)

Room Tip: I really think there is no such thing as a bad room at this lodge - you either get a mountain or val...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2014

I'll pass on repeating all the superlatives. A couple nice things we didn't expect:

The staff were more than accommodating on the day we checked out. They stored our bags while we skied one last day, and at the end of the day set us up in an unused conference room so we could change clothes before leaving.

The lodge is only about 75 steps from the Shakedown Bar, a new favorite of ours.

We won't even shop around the next time we need to stay in Vail.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

I found everything I needed at the Tivoli. Stayed 2 nights and couldn't be more pleased. Excellent breakfast ($) and staff. I would absolutely return when back in Vail. I enjoyed the hot tubs and bar.

Room Tip: I would think all the rooms are good.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

Excellent. This is a wonderful family friendly European style ski lodge. The owners and staff provide impeccable service and truly make you feel at home. From the breakfasts, location, ski valet, to every aspect of service, The Tivoli nailed it. We really enjoyed our stay and have already booked it again.

Stayed March 2014
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014

Let me start off by saying, stop reading this review and book this lodge now. You can read this review after you have secured your room. No, seriously, I'll wait.

Did you book it yet? Excellent decision. This place is fantastic, simply fantastic. The price cannot be beat in Vail and the property is great. From the moment you check in to the moment you sadly leave, you are treated with an unprecedented hospitality. The staff is thoughtful and helpful, and there is even a adorable chocolate lab (Sonny) that lives on the property. The lobby is exactly what you would want to find in a Vail ski lodge: cozy chairs, beautiful fireplace and a great little bar serving delicious drinks. There are hot beverages and warm cookies in the afternoon and, for a price, a delicious breakfast in the morning. The only downside to this property is that there is no traditional restaurant, but that is not really a problem because there are several in Vail village which is a short walk away.

Whether you have a mountain view or a village view, it's all beautiful and perfectly romantic. We had a king room with the village view and I could not have been more delighted. There were L'Occitane soaps and shampoos in the bathroom and one of the best bathtubs I have ever experienced. Plus, the room was immaculate. I am a huge germaphobe when it comes to hotel rooms and this lodge met or exceeded my standards.

Seriously, if you haven't already, stop reading and go book your room before they are all sold out!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ashley B
Hamilton ON
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

We truly enjoyed our recent short stay at the Tivoli Lodge. It was my first time in Vail in 20 years. This time it was with my son for a short ski trip. The Lodge was all we expected and more. I especially enjoyed the personalized guide with Bob the owner for our first morning. Clean and cozy rooms. Great and friendly staff. Fabulous breakfast. Convenient ski storage and boot dying!. Recommended!

Room Tip: caution re street side rooms.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family