All reviews gore creek hard boiled eggs memory foam mulled wine wine and cheese party hot tub creekside room shared balcony waffle maker continental breakfast creek side yogurt ceiling fan junior suite perfect location balcony overlooking balcony door
Reviewed September 3, 2018

My husband and I celebrated our anniversary with a quick get-away to Vail for a couple of days, and were so lucky to have found this gem right in the heart of Vail Village! Marjorie at the front desk helped us secure a quiet 3rd floor room with a balcony overlooking Gore Creek! Free parking and complimentary breakfasts were wonderful bonuses! Great value, especially for Vail! Wonderful location -- we could walk everywhere!

Room Tip: Choose the creek side rooms for peace & quiet!
  • Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 29, 2018

The hotel is right in the middle of Vail. Great shopping and you could walk most places very easily. The hotel was quiet. The best part was sleeping with the window open and hearing the Creek gurgling outside. Staff was very friendly and accommodating.

Room Tip: High floor and creek side
  • Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed August 26, 2018 via mobile

This was a great value in the heart of Vail Village with parking, pool, continental breakfast all included (there’s no parking in the village, so it adds up if you have to pay $25 for overnight parking in the free day ramp nearby). It is an older building with a lot of charm. We loved our room on the 3rd floor overlooking the pool on 2nd floor, quaint street and the mountains, of course.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed August 26, 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the Sitzmark for the second time in two months. As always we were not diapointed. Rhe staff is as friendly as any I have experienced. The location cant be beat and the guests at breakfast were all extremely pleasant. We really wouldn't go anywhere else.will be back when the leafs turn.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 22, 2018

We stayed for 3 nights in August. We had chosen the location based on the route of the bike race (the Colorado Classic), and were delighted to find that our hotel was literally ON the route.

It's clear that this is a building that's welcomed guests for many years, just based on a few things that I noticed. The stairs are carpeted but if you pay attention, you can tell that underneath there are steps that were starting to get a bit worn (maybe from ski boots). The elevator is a little older, and doesn't connect to the garage. Not a huge deal, for us -- we just unloaded our luggage out front, before parking the car.

But they've obviously worked to keep things updated. The decor is understated, but comfortable. The beds have memory foam toppers or mattresses (I didn't look to see which). They actually weren't as comfortable for me as I'd hoped (I like a fairly soft bed), but my husband didn't note any issues.

The included breakfast was a nice surprise, and perfectly adequate. There were hard-boiled eggs, yogurt, instant oatmeal (with raisins & walnuts to top it with), a couple types of cereals/granola, bagels & toast, whole fruit and waffles. And with a couple of types of coffee, plus an espresso pod machine (yay! I can make an Americano!), plus tea and cocoa, we were well-set for the morning.

We didn't get into the pool (but did watch some of the race from the balcony of the pool area), but did take a couple of dips in the hot tub. It was a good temperature (I could have had it just a couple of degrees hotter). Be careful stepping in -- the steps and seats are made of stainless steel, which can be a little slippy. I was sad that it closed at 9, but I understand that the staff need to close/cover it up.

The free parking garage was a huge bonus -- a pretty rare treat in the center of Vail, I think. It's a few minutes' walk to the nearest ski lift, but smack in the middle of the village when it comes to walking to bars, restaurants, shops, etc.

Our room was on the east end (x01) on the pool side, and as such, we did hear some noise when nearby restaurants emptied their recycling into the bins in the alley. We'd had the balcony door open (it was a little warm in the room during the day, so we were cooling it off, as there's no air conditioner), so when we closed the door, the noise was quieter, but we could still hear it. It didn't go on all night, though, so wasn't much of an issue. If you need a quieter room, perhaps something on the creek side, closer to the middle might do the trick.

We'll almost certainly be back, as the race is committed to a couple more years in Vail, and we'll be happy to call the Sitzmark our temporary home again.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple