“simply the best value in Vail”

Simba Run Vail Condominiums
Ranked #5 of 41 Specialty Lodging in Vail
Reviewed October 27, 2010

Simba Run is a delight. The condo's are spacious and have beautiful views of the valley and the ski mountains. It's smack dab in the middle of the valley, so you're never far from anything.

The staff was very helpfull and more than willing to help me out. They have all the local establishment phone numbers at their fingertips. When a light bulb was burned out and when I needed instruction on the icemaker, help was at my door within 10 minutes.

The indoor swimming pool is huge. Turning laps was nice since I wasn't flipping every 20 feet. The Jucuzi is well maintained. It looks like it was recently reconstructed. Everything was imaculate.

For skiers, a big plus is the locker room right next to the shuttle stop -- no schlepping of gear all over creation. The best part of Simba Run is the shuttle arrangement. During the day, the shuttles that get us to the mountain run in a continuous loop. That means the average wait time is 5 minutes -- maximum 15. But the wait is not a problem. It is under cover so you don't have to stand in the weather (snow, rain, boiling sun) waiting for it. I Just sat and relaxed and talked to others about the upcoming day.

The shuttles run people to three entry points on the ski mountain, the kids ski school and, after the mountain closes, the supermarket, and the village. Renting a car is not really needed.

I've already booked my next trip in December.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank fxfoster
1hittman, Manager at Simba Run Vail Condominiums, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2010

Thank you for your recent review of my facility. I am pleased you have enjoyed us in the past and want to thank you for booking your December reservation for this year. Snow is already dumping so we anticipate another great season. See you soon!

There are newer reviews for Simba Run Vail Condominiums

Reviewed April 27, 2010

This is the most fabulous place! Every time we go there we love it more! 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, kitchen, gorgeous views!

Jeff and Michelle go out of their way to help with everything. You always feel welcome!!!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Boomerman1
Reviewed April 4, 2010

Mostly everything was fine with our stay, except for the check in person. When we first checked in, he wasn't sure if we were getting the 2 floor condo, so I guess to be safe he said "no". I reserved it 2 weeks prior. Later, he changed his answer. I find that pretty unprofessional for him to not know where his guests are staying - so a change of staff would do them well. Anyway, we got the 2 floor condo. What I really enjoy about staying in condos is that there is more of a home feel, instead of a hotel room setting. The condo was very spacious and well equipped. The bathrooms were a little on the small side. It would definetly be a great stay for a family.
Also note that the hot tub is outdoors, which is nice for both winter and summer (if you enjoy that); but I wasn't too crazy about the oldish looking pool area.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review of Simba Run. I am glad you enjoyed everything and am gracious you brought to my attention your unpleasant check-in experience. I will take the necessary steps to ensure your check in experience is as pleasant as the rest of your Vail vacation. As the General Manager, your comments are an important part of making SImba Run the best it can be and helps us all here to deliver the type of service and product our guests deserve. Please come stay with us again.
Farrow Hitt

Reviewed March 26, 2010

My family of 4 stayed in #1503 (two bedroom condo) for 3 nights during Spring break. The place was very well kept and comfortable with great views of the mountains. Bathrooms and kitchen were updated and much of the furniture looked new as well. It was a fabulous deal. We got wood for our fireplace everynight from the front desk at no additional charge. Our kids loved the pool and hot tubs. They especially liked getting free hot chocolate and dvds by the lobby. The shuttle service was the best way to get around and very convenient. Seriously, I could have stayed there for a very long time. I met another family that has stayed at Simba Run every year for over 15 years! Each time, they stayed in a different condo and were not dissappointed. I would definitely come back with my family again. My only negative on this place is the traffic noise from I-70. Oh well, much of Vail has this issue due to its location. Having said that, the unit itself was very quiet. We did not hear any neighbors.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed February 21, 2010

Spent 3 nights at Simba on a family ski trip to Vail. For the price it is an amazing value. Each condo is individually owned so decorations will vary. We booked ours last minute through vailonsale.com website for an incredible price...a lot of good deals there if you can wait to book lodging last minute...only way I would book going forward as we went on busy presidents week and there is a lot available. We used the shuttle service to get back and forth to Vail village and Lionshead...very fast ride...5 minutes or so and never had to wait more than 15 minutes for a shuttle to arrive and several times there was almost no wait. Free starbucks coffee in lobby is great...free dvd rental machine is a nice touch but we didn't make use of it. Pool is huge and kids liked it. Computer in lobby for guests to use is a nice touch. The staff at the front desk were so nice and helpful. Since we were a family of 5 it was nice to have the room for everyone to spread out in a condo yet be very close to villages. It would have cost more than double to be 5 minutes closer in the village. The room we were in was a 2 floor 2 bedroom/2 bath condo...nothing fancy but had everything we needed and we felt real comfortable there. They give everyone a ski locker but truth is you don't really need it if you are renting equipment...after you are done skiing the rental places right near lifts will store them for you thus eliminating the annoyance of lugging skiis around. Supermarkets and off village restaurants are close by if you have a car (there is even a shuttle stop at supermarket every hour) but we barely drove once arriving here (we picked up breakfast foods and snacks before arriving). They claim they have a high return customer rate and I can see why.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Al S
Reviewed August 5, 2009

My family stayed at Simba run during hte summer. Rates were great. (2 bedroom condo for what we paid for a cheap motel in Denver the night before) Great for the family. (2 bedrooms with living room and kitchen.) It would have been nice to have both bedrooms on the same floor but it didn't really matter. Lots of space. Open floor plan. Really clean with great ammenities (Full kitchen, living and dining area, nice pool). Parking for guests was not real convenient but there was indoor parking for us. Location was great. Just a few minute drive in Vail Village. Easy access to everything. Great views but it is Vail so who doesn;t have them. Staff was very friendly. Plan to stay there again next time out.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed April 2, 2009

We stayed for 4 nights while ski-ing in Vail, initially booked for 3 but couldn't bear to leave. Our condo was fantastic, fully equipped, way beyond comfortable, with views of a trail down the mountain opposite. It was great to have the facility of being able to dry clothes quickly. Kitchen had everything we needed. Bathrooms were great, plenty of hot water and enough toiletries and free samples to keep me going for ages. The pool area was fine, though didn't swim - but we DID enjoy sitting in the outdoor hottub! Perfect after a day of activity on the slopes. We couldn't have been happier with the accommodation - our expectation based on the price we paid was that it would be on the basic side, but it was anything but basic. One of the best features of Simba Run, however, is the staff. Staff in Reception were welcoming and helpful, gave us good advice. The shuttle bus to Vail and the slopes runs often and regularly - no waiting around - and the drivers are so friendly and helpful (to the point that on one day when I forgot my locker key, the driver radioed ahead so that a spare key was waiting for me at Reception when I arrived!). Shuttle takes about 10/15 minutes and was never full. Special mention for Michelle who made sure we had a great condo and gave us the same deal for the extra night we decided to stay. I wish I was there now!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple