“Nice stay!”

Vail Marriott Mountain Resort
Ranked #15 of 30 Hotels in Vail
Reviewed September 18, 2010

Stayed one night and had a very nice stay. Staff were all very nice, pleasant and professional. Our room, which faced the pool and had a bit of a view, was a little outdated but was nicely decorated and very comfortable. The bathroom was nicely appointed with large walkin shower and separate tub. Location was great - we walked all over Vail from one end to the other. Everything is within walking distance, keep in mind Vail is very small.

There are newer reviews for Vail Marriott Mountain Resort

Reviewed September 18, 2010

I am not a complainer by nature. But this hotel was not up to par on the small things. The room was missing several things that a "simple hotel" would have.

The coffee maker was missing the coffee pot and filter holder
One plastic up for coffee and 1 pack of tea.
No desk or chairs to do work. I am writing this using the end table as a chair.
The water pressure was weak and hot water took close to 5 min to heat up.
The phone in the living room was broken.
They make you pay for internet, when low class hotels have it for free.
The heater in the bedroom was not working correctly.
The bathroom has a vent that pushes out cold 40 degree air when you are taking a bath.

The room was clean and the fireplace did heat well, but ATTENTION TO DETAIL is needed here. These are BASIC items. Is anyone there listening?

The vast majority of Marriots were great but this place needs better management.

Reviewed September 14, 2010

My wife and I have traveled to Marriott Vail the last two years for a long weekend of downhill mountain biking, Oktoberfest, Spa'ing, and Shopping. Both years we've been very thrilled and are already booking our trip for next year. Last year we had a nice room with a sleeper sofa and a fireplace, but with a view of the Ritz under construction. This year we opted for an upgrade (I'm a platinum member) to a regular sized room with a King bed and a balcony looking over the pool/courtyard and the mountain. The extra space of the bigger room wasn't really useful anyways since we only cleaned up and slept there. Both rooms were fantastic. We slept better than normal, and the included humidifier in the room helped this year as it was exceptionally dry air. Folks comment on the small rooms, but we had no trouble putting away our packed gear and relaxing in comfort. My wife had a facial and full massage and being something of an expert on the matter she gave them five stars. Last year Michael was our front desk clerk and was very helpful with extending our stay on a daily basis. This year he had transferred behind the bar and was engaging as well as a good bartender. He kept us happily in drinks while we soaked off the mountain spills in the hot tub at the end of every day. The concierge desk was staffed with some new folks this year and veterans. And despite being new at their jobs there in the hotel they knew Vail. We had great restaurant recommendations every night (Centre V, Montauks, Up the Creek, and Russels) and the free shuttle stop right outside is a big bonus for the trips into Vail Village. We like parts of both Vail and Lionshead Village so we prefer to stay closer to the Gondola anyways. Last but not least though is the great ProShop. I can't comment on winter service... not yet anyways. Their summer service is awesome though. They do a good job of correctly sizing your rental mountain bike to you, setting it up for you size and riding style, and happily share tips on trails and war stories. Prices in the store there are also on par with elsewhere in Vail if you need some forgotten piece of clothing or equipment. I should say we didn't eat in the restaurant in premises except for breakfast. We didn't have to wait long for our granola cereal, toast, fruit, and coffee, but it was more in line with ordering a cooked meal 3 mornings out of 4. The views out the windows if a table is available there are pleasant though so the wait was tolerable. I would strongly recommend you go off premises and enjoy the many fine restaurants and styles before eating there. We did room service one night (too tired and too banged up) and it was both good and fast! Anyways, You're in Vail, go sample it all!!!

Also, while not there for a convention, our room overlooked the convention courtyard next to the pool and we got to watch the staff set up for two different evening social events this last trip. I attend a few of those a year myself, and I was pleased to see the tables and chairs well located, food and full bar prepared on time, and very nice lighting, heaters, and entertainment. Some coordinating staff-member was always near at hand directing the setup and running the event inconspicuously. Hotel staff seemed engaging and brisk. Ask for the woodwind performer. He sounded awesome from the balcony perfectly playing several instruments to some accompanying recorded strings as he wandered the crowd. We were a bit late to dinner since we lingered on the balcony listening and watching the sun set on the mountains.

1  Thank Slurpee98
Reviewed August 31, 2010

This is my third stay at this location. Folks are right when they say it's a great location. but what impressed me most on the trip was the "upgraded" staff. Everyone went out of their way to be helpful and kind. Even the GM was charming and welcoming!
The building itself is in middle aged, but the rooms have been redone and reflect a causal mountain atmosphere (wooden plank doors, a fireplace and more wood trim in the rooms. Our teens had a great time at the pools, the game room and rented mountain bikes on site. They were able to access the internet in the lobby, which is very spacious and comfortable.
I was there for a conference and was very happy with the food. Their bison chili is outstanding. I did miss the old restaurant Ocotillo. They had a great bison steak which is no longer available. They also make their own granola which is wonderful. I had to ask for it, but it was brought each day with a smile.

There is a guy who does nice song covers for entertainment. I had seen him play guitar by the pool and also in the bar.
All in all another great stay at the Vail Marriott!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 24, 2010

My 11yo daughter and I went to Vail for a 3-day getaway in the mountains. After spending too much time evaluating Trip Advisor reviews, we picked the Marriott Lionshead. We were very happy with the choice. Our room was nice ... our two queen beds were so comfortable, we were loathe to get out of bed in the morning. The front staff was both friendly and helpful. Our second day we mentioned that nearby construction made it hard to sleep through the incessant sound of back-up beepers. They apologized and assured us it wouldn't happen the next morning because it was Sunday, and offered us a free in-room movie during our stay. (If there had been construction the next morning I would have pressed the matter further and made sure they moved us to a quieter room.) The location of the resort was perfect for us. It is very close to the gondola, which is the only lift that runs during the summertime. (In my opinion, though, the hotel looks nothing like its photo on the website. On the website it looks like a grand Austrian resort nestled among montainside trees, far away from other hotels and condos. In reality it is nestled among a throng of hotels and condos, not at all close to the side of the mountain. So either they did some very creative photography or the picture was taken quite a while ago, when the Lionshead area had not yet been developed.)

Vail is stretched out along a river, and it takes a while to get from the Marriott Lionshead at one end of town to the shops and restaurants at the opposite end. If you're short on time or energy, you can take the free shuttle bus which stops outside the hotel frequently. Since parking is free at the Vail parking structures during the summer, we parked our rental car there rather than use the hotel's valet parking sevice. It only took us a few minutes to get to the car when we needed to go somewhere, making it a fairly painless way to save a bunch of money.

The lobby had a very comfortable seating area. They had a couple of games at the concierge desk that we borrowed during rainstorms. They could use a few more, though, since those who asked for games after we did were out of luck We didn't eat any meals at the resort, so I can't speak for them. The pools and exercise facilities were nice places to hang out.

I thought the Marriott Lionshead was a nice hotel and a pretty good value. I would definitely consider staying there again if I was headed to Vail.

• Stayed: July 2010
Reviewed August 19, 2010

Stayed for one night during a business trip through the Vail area. Everyone I interacted with was very pleasant and polite. We arrived early and the rooms weren't ready, but they took our cell numbers and called us when we could get into our rooms. The hotel is in a great location with a short walk to the shops and restaurants in Lionshead Village. The rooms were very nice, although maybe a little on the small side, with nice balconies. I was surprised that the balcony was shared with the room next door, without a divider of any sort. I didn't eat in the restaurant but did spend some time at the bar and enjoyed great service. While I didn't have the opportunity to use them, the pool area and workout facility looked very nice. I enjoyed my stay here and would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 9, 2010

we stayed at the the vail marriot and were extremely pleased from the moment we arrived until we left the staff was super helpful we never had to wait more than 5 minutes for our car from valet. the room was spotlessly clean and the staff was always curteous. the concierge crew including gabby and jessica were helpful and always with a smile i highly recoomend this hotel for anyone staying in vail area its close to most off the attractions i rate this hotel a++++++++++

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple