“No maid service”

Ranked #15 of 30 Hotels in Vail
Greenwood
“No maid service”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

My girlfriend and I went to Vail for a 3-day get away. This was supposed to be a 4 star in Vail. NO WAY. They gave us a room with twin beds. We changed to another, not as nice. The ceiling in the bathroom was gross and falling in. Then, we didn't get maid service. When the maids came at our request (after 4:30 pm), they didn't make the bed, they didn't leave clean towels, they didn't empty the trash, they didn't leave clean glasses. They just left the TV on and 4 bottles of water. When we asked for some wash clothes and clean glasses, they brought a pile of towels and two wine glasses. Also, a lot of hidden fees - parking expensive, and "resort fees" for everything. Would not stay there again. Disappointed from Denver.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for king size bed
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank danfriesen55
Brian H, Director of Room Operations at Vail Marriott Mountain Resort, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Dear danfriesen55,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on Tripadvisor. I am very sorry to hear of the challenges you experienced with our housekeeping team. Please know we expect more from the team than what you experienced. I have personally shared your comments with the team in an effort to continually improve. Additionally, when booking your guestroom I would encourage you to book through marriott.com to ensure you receive the bedding request you desire. Again, thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback and allowing us the opportunity to improve.

Best Regards,
Brian Hunt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
Acworth, Georgia
Reviewed February 28, 2014

I just got back from a trip to Vail last week. We stayed here and it was very nice. Having been to Vail several times I looked forward to staying in Loinshead after the renovations have been done. So with that in mind this property was perfect. It's a little bit of a walk to the slopes but not bad. They have a ski valet that will carry your skis for you, very nice. The rooms were nice and very clean. Was it the best Marriott ever, no, but it is a place I would go back to. The staff was top notch, the bar was fun with live music. My biggest complaint is the insane heat!!!!!!! This place must have the heat set on 100!!!! I have never felt anything like it. It's nice to warm up when you walk in but the entire place is like an oven. I had to open my door outside to sleep at night. It is insane!!!!!
Turn down the HEAT!!!!

Room Tip: Mountain side is great
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Friendly and very accommodating staff. My room was clean and modern. This hotel does a lot of little things to make you feel "taken care of." Housekeeping repeatedly left us bottled water. In the afternoon after skiing, they provide free warm cookies, hot chocolate and hot apple cider. They have a ski valet to bring your ski's to and from the mountain. The location is great - literally a 5 minute walk to the vista bahn gondola.

Green Features: Provided for recycling plastic, but did not leave instructions for re-use of towels.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Great Midwest
Reviewed February 23, 2014

My wife and 2 kids ages 6 and 10 stayed here for 3 nights starting Feb. 16, 2014. I joined them for the last night only. This resort never disappoints. It seems to me that they replaced the carpeting in the room hallways since we visited a year ago and this was refreshing. We had a double room on the 5th floor with fireplace. The lines and towels were very good and the bathroom was large. The restaurant offers a nice breakfast buffet with lots of choices. In fact the breakfast buffet is better her than the Ritz Carlton Bachelor Gulch. This resort is very kid and family friendly and never disappoints and ski valet is just a short 6 minute walk from the resort. The lounge off the lobby has a good lunch and nightly entertainment. The indoor pool and spa is also a big hit with the kids. You can easily go to the Vail Village for shopping and dinner by shuttle bus or the resort has cars that can take you on a first served basis. Please see my other review of this resort from 2013 for a complete and fuller review.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the new part of the resort.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Parker, CO
Reviewed February 21, 2014

I was apprehensive about staying at the Marriott Vail after reading some bad reviews. We stayed on a Friday night in February. The hotel is great, considering it's a ski lodge hotel with a conference area. I understand the wear and tear because the snow is so damaging.
Service was great, check-in smooth. The only downside was that we wanted to stay another night, but the hotel was booked solid (a good side for the hotel). I liked the free wine voucher and the free hot chocolate in the afternoon.
The location is close to the gondola. It's not a far walk.
The beds were comfortable. We didn't eat at the restaurants in the hotel.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Parkercolorado
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

We come here every year for our ski trip. Service is very good and everyone seemed truly interested in making our trip great.
When our safe quit working someone came within 5 min. When he couldn't fix it there was a new safe installed by 15min. Great job.

Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Dukewright
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed February 20, 2014

I stay at Marriotts an average of 240 days a year. I take several international vacations to Marriotts.

The one at Vail is downright terrible for the pricepoint.

Pros:
Location is good - about a 5 minute walk to the gondola.
Ski Valet service is nice and free
Bed is decent (the beds at the Jackson, MS Marriott are way better, to put it in perspective)
Humidifier, mini refrig in room
Balcony is nice

Cons:
RIDICULOUSLY SMALL. As I am sitting here typing this review, my dell power cable extends the entire length of the room (from bed to wall where the tv is).
Towels are similar to what you would find at a Days Inn.
$30 resort fee per day? This is NOT a resort.
Sales manager badgering me to pay $150/nt extra to upgrade to a suite
$599/nt. Do you realize the condo I could get for $599/nt for a studio sized condo??

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
4 Thank Kyle D
Brian H, Director of Room Operations at Vail Marriott Mountain Resort, responded to this review, February 22, 2014
Dear Kyle D,
Thank you for providing your detailed review on Tripadvisor. I am very sorry to hear you felt our rooms were very small. Please know we do have over 12 different room types available to purchase and with such a wide selection we feel there is an appropriate room type to fit everyone's needs.
We do also offer a resort fee which has many benefits; wireless internet, two complimentary drinks in our Pub, cookies and cocoa after skiing, ski and boot storage, ski valet, just to name a few. I do hope you will stay with us when your travels bring you back to Vail. Please feel free to reach out to me directly so I may assist in ensuring you receive the room type you need.

Best Regards,