Five of us visited Vail in November for some family fun. When you have such as odd number of people it's hard to find good lodging. Most places require you to take 2 rooms which becomes very expensive or a suite which may or may not accommodate five folks. Four Seasons and Arabella were too expensive so we have decided to stay at the Marriott. We got a suite which turned out to be 2 rooms plus 2 bathrooms plus small kitchen separated by the door. One of the rooms had a fireplace which was nice. Outside we had a huge balcony which was shared between several rooms. For $299 per night plus tax that was as good as I was able to find and indeed it was great value for the money. My only problem was that the rooms in particular and the hotel in general were a bit worn out. When we arrived at 2:00PM the suite was not ready. We did not check in until 4:00PM The curtains in one of the rooms had holes in them, the mirror in the elevator that was smeared by the kids stayed dirty may be a few hours too long. Some may say I am neat picking but after staying at JW Marriott Denver you could tell the difference. We ate at the restaurant and the food was good. The location of the hotel was about a 15 minute walk to Vail and the complimentary bus stopped by the front door. The hotel also had a heated pool which was good. Overall would I recommend this property? If it's just 2 of you stay someplace else. If it's a big party you can't go wrong with this property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Vail Marriott Mountain Resort in Lionshead Village is one of Colorado's most celebrated resorts. Our Vail ski resort is just 150 yards from the Eagle-Bahn Gondola and offers relaxed lodging options for daredevils, daydreamers and those seeking a little adventure. Featuring all the hospitality and charm of a European ski and spa resort, our Vail resort is the destination of choice for vacationers seeking the exceptional. The natural beauty that surrounds our breathtaking Vail luxury resort is reflected in a chateau atmosphere of warm elegance, complete with rich wood accents, cozy rooms with plush beds, heated pools, outdoor recreation and a luxurious spa. With 5,289 acres and seven legendary bowls, Vail Resort is the largest ski resort in the nation, welcoming skiers and snowboarders from all over the world. We invite you to stay with us and discover why Vail continues to top ski resort polls year after year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Vail Marriott Mountain Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Vail Mountain Hotel Vail
- Marriott Vail Mountain Resort And Spa
- Vail Marriott