I should have known that our stay was not going to go well when the clerk at the Front Desk was argumentative during check-in. The first room we were assigned was not consistent with our reservation, so we returned to the front desk to request a room that was in line with what we had reserved. The clerk was at first argumentative, and then set about locating a room. The room he located for us still did not fit exactly what we had reserved, and yet I accepted it because I was not in a mood to be treated badly again. That proved to be a huge mistake.
Both nights staying at this property our sleep were interrupted by loud partying in the room next door at 2 am. Closing time for bars in Vail must be around 2 am. I called the front desk to complain, and they sent someone up to get things quieted down. That was acceptable the first evening. A repeat performance the second evening was totally unacceptable.
The local Marriott staff "remedied" the situation by slightly discounting our room rate for the two nights. A few bucks off is little consolation for two successive nights of loudly interrupted sleep.
I have stayed at this property twice this year. It has a nice location, and looks great from the outside. However, many of the rooms have mediocre views, and I did not even get the view I payed for on the second stay. Throw in argumentative staff, and poor handling of rowdy guests. I will stay elsewhere when I return to Vail next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vail Marriott Mountain Resort in Lionshead Village is one of Colorado's most celebrated resorts. Our relaxed luxury ski resort in Vail sits just 150 yards from the Eagle-Bahn Gondola and offers comfortable lodging options for daredevils, daydreamers and those seeking a little adventure. Featuring all the hospitality and charm of a European ski and spa resort, our we are the destination resort of choice for vacationers seeking the exceptional. The natural beauty that surrounds our breathtaking accommodation is reflected in a chateau atmosphere of warm elegance, complete with rich wood accents, cozy rooms with plush beds, heated pools, outdoor recreation and an elegant spa. With 5,289 acres and seven legendary bowls, Vail Marriott Mountain Resort is the largest ski resort in the nation, welcoming skiers and snowboarders from all over the world. We invite you to stay with us and discover why Vail continues to top ski resort polls year after year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cancelon, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Vail Marriott Mountain Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Vail Mountain Hotel Vail
- Marriott Vail Mountain Resort And Spa
- Vail Marriott