“I don't even ski and I love this place”

Vail Marriott Mountain Resort
Ranked #15 of 30 Hotels in Vail
Atlanta, Georgia
“I don't even ski and I love this place”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

This is the perfect resort for skiing....or just relaxing. I don't ski, but my kids do, and the ski lift is right there for them, and I've got shopping, a great spa, and a fantastic room with a view. If possible, get a suite or even one of the condos in the building that rent out. I was lucky enough to get the three bedroom penthouse once, and it was to die for. There is plenty to do at the hotel location, but also a shuttle to take you into Vail Village. I loved having a view of the slopes and also a fireplace in the rooms I've stayed in. I can't wait to visit again soon!

Room Tip: If you spend all day out on the slopes you might not care about the view, but if you are like me and...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Brian H, Manager at Vail Marriott Mountain Resort, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
Dear tripturn,
We agree! We are the perfect Resort for skiing or relaxing! We are glad to hear you enjoyed our rooms as well at the Spa. Thank you for taking the time to write a review and we look forward to seeing you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
Cranston
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Have done a bit of business travel with my husband, both of us very fussy. This resort was by far the Friendliest Staff ever encountered, rooms were clean, during a thunderstorm umbrellas were scattered around the facility in the event a guest needed to go outside, food was terrific, pool was fun, location is perfect for walking around Lionshead and Vail Villages

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Brian H, Manager at Vail Marriott Mountain Resort, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear Nancie P,
Thank you for your review. I am very pleased to hear you encountered "the friendliest staff ever". Our staff truly enjoy making great memories for all of our guests. I will certainly share your comments with the entire team. We hope to see you again soon!
Minnesota
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I continue to return to his hotel each year. The staff are outstanding in all areas of the hotel. The bar/lounge is a great place to meet, have cocktails and a light bite to eat. Chef Roger in the upper restaurant is outstanding and goes out of his way for his customers. The pool atmosphere is great but they are missing the boat by not having staff out there serving food & drinks. They could at least have them available in the afternoons for 3 hours. They used to have music by the pool too but didn't see that. Overall, however, great location. Will continue to return.

Room Tip: Love the upgraded rooms with the fireplaces facing the mountain.
Dear Famof9,
Thank you for your loyalty and continuing to return to the Vail Marriott Mountain Resort. It makes me quite proud of our team to hear your comments, please know I have shared your comments with Chef Roger and his culinary team directly! Thanks again and we look forward to your return.
Reviewed July 28, 2013

we stayed here recently for three days. We were combining business and vacation. Check in was a breeze, room was fine, with a comfortable bed. Nice ammentiies. We didn't eat here. The walk to Vail village is easy, but the shuttle runs frequently back and forth to the village.

I did enjoy the pool . It was clean, and had comfy seating.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us at the Vail Marriott Mountain Resort. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again at our Resort.
los angeles
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Cute, quaint and has a boutique feel to it. The pool is average and has alot of kids, so its a family friendly hotel. Situated in lionshead and right off the 70 it is easy to find, and has restaurants and activities walking distance. The hotel offers a free shuttle to Vail Village, which is a 5 mn ride, and walkable if you skip the heels. Good fitness center, very helpful concierge desk, and it is clear that this hotel believes in customer service. Most rooms have a fireplace and are charming. I recommend a higher level room so you have a better view. We did not try the food here so I cant comment on it, but with so many restaurants walking distance your options are many.

Room Tip: The higher the better. Avoid rooms near elevator.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Great efficient valet and check-in process. I will also say that as a Plat Member, they gave me great suite upgrade which is always nice.

The manager called me my first night to thank me for being a marriott plat member and ask if there was anything else they could do, great service.

The bar downstairs has good bar food, although it seemed understaffed each night. I ate both nights there and the service was lacking, but the servers were friendly and food was good.

The starbucks upstairs is hit or miss, drinks don't taste the same, but not a big deal. THe syrups they use are not the same, even though you can buy starbucks brand syrups online.

The room was clean and well kept, and I never saw maids but everything was also clean, this is a sign of a great hotel.

Turndown service was always great.

Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Stayed one night while enjoying the Vail Village area. Well-situated facility in the Lionshead area, readily accessible from I-70 but set back nicely. Easy walk to Vail Village for window shopping and wide variety of eating options.

The Vail Lodge is, predictably, appointed in the Colorado Mountain Lodge style – what else would you expect in Vail, right? Point is, if you’re hoping for something with a more modern or contemporary vibe, this isn’t the place. That said, common areas were comfortable, seemed well maintained, and had helpful and courteous staff.

I had a fifth floor room with a “view up the valley” (toward the east) which was pleasant enough, and being located on the backside of the property, it precluded some of the potential interstate noise. See previous comment about Colo Mountain Lodge style – definitely furnished with a nod toward that lodge sensibility, and looking a bit dated, but overall acceptable. Nice updated bathroom facilities, bonus points there. Oddly, no desk or task chair – apparently on the assumption no one has any need for a computer work space if visiting Vail. Room was fairly quiet, but with occasional neighbor or hallway noise seeping in.

Overall, recommended, largely on the basis of an excellent location and helpful and courteous staff.

1 Thank ColoGeoTraveler_13
Thank you for visiting the Vail Marriott Mountain Resort. We appreciate your comprehensive review as well as your recommendation and hope to see you again!