Vail Marriott Mountain Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
1,193 results
All reviewsavalanche pubski valetski shopcharter sportsmountain resortindoor poollionshead areavalet serviceper dayan upgradebreakfast buffetmountain viewski bootsfree shuttleking roomnice propertyhot chocolate
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 13, 2013

My husband & I recently returned to the Marriott at Lionshead, Vail. Again, the hotel was top-notch. Excellent service. Our room was very nice, with a king size bed. The best part about staying here is the proximity to the Lionshead gondola. They have a ski valet who will wheel your skis on a cart over the gondola, & back at the end of the day. Free boot storage (with boot dryer/ warmer) daily in the ski shop. There are several economical restaurants nearby.
Breakfast buffet is huge, & a bit pricey. Massage at the spa was excellent.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I went to the Vail Marriott resort & spa on the highest peak season over christmas and new year! Of course I pay a lot of money to stay here. However I can tell I was fully satisfied with everything they offered.

Location is great, really close to everywhere in walking distance. You can also walk to the lionshead lift. No need to wait for the bus and carry your ski around. Even though it's very close, It's still SO FANTASTIC that they carry your ski to the slope. How nice is that!!!! Of course they will also carry back your ski from the bottom of the slope to the hotel!
So that you can go apres-ski drink without worrying about carrying back your ski! That was the best thing seriously!!

My room with mountain view was a decent size with mountain lodge touch. Bathroom was really spacious with both bath tub & shower. I liked the interior of bathroom with french wooden door.

I love the fire place at the lobby to hang out and sip hot chocolate. Some kids and families were playing games in front of the fire place. It's like a happy kodak moment.

Don't miss 2 outdoor and 1 indoor Jacuzzis. Plus there is a indoor swimming pool if you still have energy left after skiing. Going to the out door hot tub after skiing in the cold air is another reason I go ski! So relaxing ;)

Breakfast buffet was good. It was just really crowded since everybody needed a good breakfast to ski all day! Maybe it's smarter to go little earlier or later.

If you want to go ski, Vail is one of the best destination in the US. Also Vail Marriott won't disappoint you!

Hope this is helpful for you to plan a trip to Vail!
Enjoy!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bunnybeetheb
Reviewed February 6, 2013

"My family and I have visted this property every year for the last 10 years and the last four years twice a year (early season/November/December and end of March)

The mgmt is fantistic and really makes you feel welcome. It is nice to see the same familiar faces each time we visit. The food is great and the Suites overlooking the mountain are extremly nice/very comfortable,(very chalet like) and the views are breathtaking! On-site Charter Sports is very convenient too and the new Marriott Ski Valet walks your skis to the slopes each morning and back to the Marriott in the afternoon! Great service and they only started offering this the last few years!!!!

We have skied all over the country and specifically all over Utah and Colorado. Vail truly is "like nothing on earth" and the Vail Marriott in our opinion represents the best value/luxury/service of any place we have visited which equals a great family trip!!. Just really great memories each year!

Room Tip: Typically when I travel I always select rooms far from the elevator but here we request rooms close to the elevator (easier to haul your "stuff" expecially if you have kids) rooms on 2nd, 3rd, and 4th facing mountain/slopes are quiet and offer great views
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Ken R
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I struggle a bit as to whether to give the hotel 3 or 4 stars. Overall, the hotel is very good, but the hotel feels run down which really takes away from the experience.
The Pros:
1. The on site ski rental/ ski concierges are fantastic. They really make it so easy (especially with kids). The ski concierge and rentals are the primary reason I would consider staying there again in the future.
2. The rooms are very large. We had a 3 bedroom suite, which was actually a two room aparment plus an additional hotel room (sharing one outer door).
3. Service- everyone from the concierge to the door men were great and very accomodating.
The Cons:
1. The hotel feels very old and dated. Everything from the small motel 6 style bathrooms, to the old alarm clocks, power strips around the room, etc. make the hotel seem like a 3 star hotel. Also, the rooms (and the rest of the hotel) were always warm and stuffy.
2. Although the pool and hot tub are functional, they also lack any charm and are right next to the ski storgae areas. This made the hot tub and pool very uninviting (which is probably why they were very underutilized (other than by kids).

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Blaw10
Reviewed February 2, 2013

One night stay, which was too short to enjoy some of the offerings (didn't get to the pool/hot tub, my bad). I was given a top floor, mountain view room, and I did very much enjoy the view.
Bed was comfortable, WiFi worked, amenity bag was nice, and the bath is expansive and very, very nice. One disappointment was how overheated the place was. My room never really cooled to my comfort level. The 6th floor rooms all shared one huge balcony, so I felt a bit weird having my balcony door open all night. Maybe the hotel is going for cosy, but I found all the spaces stuffy, especially when dressed to snowboard.
Staff was generally friendly, sometimes a tad harried - there was a conference going on and weekend ski hubub. I didn't want to pay about 25 bucks for breakfast so it was a trek to find food that wasn't posh or jampacked. I gather the Little Diner nearby rocks but was sooo crowded on a Saturday morning.
Bus service to Covered Bridge or Golden Peak (and Larkspur) was good. The walk to the lifts was a bit farther than I expected, but much of Vail is like that.
Overall, this place is fine. I think I prefer the Lodge at Vail, but would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo