“Nice place to stay in Vail.”

Vail Marriott Mountain Resort
Ranked #15 of 30 Hotels in Vail
Reviewed December 4, 2012

It was a nice place to stay in Vail. Great Lionshead location! Ask for King bed the Queen?? doubles are small, the nightstand and your elbow will meet one another at some point. Ouch! The place was clean and well maintained but could use some new decor. I would stay again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
JasonPolland, Manager at Vail Marriott Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your experience at our Hotel. We will share your comments with the all of the staff. We do hope that when you return to Vail you again choose to stay with us.

There are newer reviews for Vail Marriott Mountain Resort

Reviewed November 20, 2012

We spent six days here, Nov 10-16. Nice place and we were at the start of ski season although the mountian wasn't officialy open. Very good food. The breakfast buffet is good and the other meals we ate here were very good also. The rooms and suites are very nice, we had both, clean and well kept. Our bill was padded with a rollaway bed that we can't get taken off! Don't know what it takes? Staff said they would take care of it but not! One thing to remember, this is a ski town, there are no bargans here. Bring alot of money!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
JasonPolland, Manager at Vail Marriott Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our Hotel. I am very pleased to read your comments regarding our restaurant, lounge and overall stay. I am also sorry to see that you had a billing issue that we did not resolve while you were here. You can contact me directly and I will be happy to help resolve this issue quickly to ensure you feel good about returning to our Hotel on your next visit to Vail.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

I had a very very bad experience at this hotel a couple years ago but was willing to give them another shot. I learned that twice I have stayed here in the expensive rooms and it was horrible. This time I stayed in the cheap room and it was great. Much cleaner and nicer rooms than the expensive ones. The service is ok.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your latest experience at our Hotel. I am glad to hear that you felt much better about this stay. We are always working to improve our processes and your feedback is very helpful in our improvement. I hope that when you return to Vail you will choose to again stay with us.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

I stayed here in Feb 2012. As I travel a lot for business, I had a Platinum Marriott rewatrds card, however, the privelages that vthis affords in every other Marriott hotel across the globe are not honored at this location...It marriott in name only. It is very over priced, removed from the centre of vail and a toatl waste of time, money and effort. The lobby area is nice, rooms OK, but again, normally as a rewards member you would get an upgrade or at least a good view, i got neither. It was so bad, i left my rewards card with the reception when i checked out and have not and will not ever stay with marriot again....Made my feeling known to manangement, byut they were too busy to discuss complaints....Dont book this hotel, get cheaper and better in centre of vail.

Room Tip: Top tip - Chose a room in another hotel
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank mark s
JasonPolland, Manager at Vail Marriott Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to respond about our Hotel and your experience. I am sorry to hear you had a poor experience with us during your last trip to Vail. If you would like to discuss this stay further you may contact me directly at the Hotel. I hope that we can make this up to you and have you return to us on your next visit to Vail, Colorado.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed a few time at this hotel in Vail. During the peak season, the service is ok otherwise during the low season, the service is very poor and even bad. I have booked 2 nights but I had to cancel the first night. I called the hotel 4 days in advance to inform about the cancellation and to request a refund.

As I called during the weekend, the manager was not working and nobody was able to proceed a refund. On Monday, I called again the hotel to get the refund but someone from Marriott told me that I was late to get a refund!!! I explained that it was not due to my fault but no way to get a refund. During check in, I tried one more time to discuss it but I didn't get any refund or even a complementary breakfast or parking!!!

Finally, I was really disappointed and I will never go again to this hotel. In addition, a lot of facilities were not open such as the spa and the swimming pool. For the breakfast, the choice was really restricted and bad.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank WorldSkiing

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at our Hotel. I am very disappointed to read that you had a poor experience. Please feel free to contact me directly to discuss your stay. I am hopeful we can find a way to keep you as our guest when you return to Vail.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

I attended a conference at this hotel and was very impressed. I had a one bedroom suite which was very spacious. With a rollaway and the pull out couch I was able to get 3 adults and 3 kids in there pretty comfortably. The view was outstanding and the amenities were all high end. The beds were plush and comfortable and there was an incredible jacuzzi tub in the master bathroom that my wife adored! We had two balconies - one for the master bedroom and one for the main room. The kitchen and dining room were well stocked and very nice. WiFi was included in my conference package but the only option for parking was valet which was pricy. This was late September so we were in the off season. The conference facilities were excellent and the service was top notch.

The outdoor pool was not in operation at that time but there was a hot tub outside that was fairly crowded. The indoor pool was disappointing. My kids (who LOVE hotel pools) were bored after 20 minutes.

The hotel is in walking distance to the gondola and is on the creek - really scenic. There is a free bus going throughout the Vail area that stops right at the Mariott. We did try the breakfast buffet which was very good (but a bit pricey).

Overall, I would certainly stay there again - this is an excellent spot for vacation or conference.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank DrTom234

I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with our Hotel on this website. I am also pleased to hear that you had a relaxing and enjoyable experience and hope that when you return to Vail you will again choose to stay with us.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Rustic, natural beauty all around this hotel. We had friends who stayed in the Penthouse which had breath-taking views of the mountain. In fact, of the 5 rooms I visited every single one had fantastic views. During our week long stay in the fall, we enjoyed the hotel's excellent breakfast buffet. Made-to-order omlette's were perfect. Nick, restaurant mgr, resolved a minor problem with our room service very quickly. When I asked for towels they were there in less than 30 seconds! The staff at the spa was a joy too! Don't miss the outdoor jacuzzi/mini-pool.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our Hotel. Your comments and feedback has been shared with our entire Hotel staff. I hope that if you return to Vail you again choose to stay at our Resort Hotel.