WINNER WONDERLAND

“Worst Hotel experience I've ever had in Vail.” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Manor Vail Lodge

Manor Vail Lodge
Ranked #6 of 31 Hotels in Vail
“Worst Hotel experience I've ever had in Vail.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

Upon booking, I requested an early check - in. I got there at ~ 11:30, and they said they'd call me when my room was ready. No call, until 3:57 p.m. That's 3 - minutes prior to Normal Check - in. Long, icey walk to food, bars, & shops. Went to eat dinner at their "Lord Gore" restaurant at 8:30 Friday night, and the restaurant was closed due to a "private reservation". No notices, no announcement at check-in that I couldn't eat dinner there. Only snack food at "The Fitz Bar". Everyone working at Manor Vail seemed unhappy. Worst hotel experience I have had in 32 - years of visiting Vail!

• Stayed December 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank LeroyMFJenkins101
Nicole W, Manager at Manor Vail Lodge, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Thank you for your response. We apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. Please note that we posted the closure of Lord Gore in both the check-in packets and elevator signs throughout the hotel. The $50 credit is also usable in Room Service and The Fitz Lounge. When we looked into your reservation we credited back $50 to your stay for your troubles.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

Our Sales team recently had our Annual Sales Summit at Manor Vail. The staff was extremely helpful and flexible with the arrangements for the meeting. Everyone's rooms were very cozy and luxurious. The grounds, pools and hot tubs were very well maintained. The location was great with the Village only a quick walk away. The accomodations and staff exceeeded all of our expectations. We will definitelt stay here again.

Room Tip: The one bedroom condo is very spacious with a good sized balcony with a grill.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Nicole W, Director of Sales at Manor Vail Lodge, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Thank for you the comments on your recent meeting with Manor Vail. We are happy to hear you and your team enjoyed your stay with us. We will pass this feedback on to our staff and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Greeley
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at this lodge. It had a very convenient proximity to the village. The pools and jacuzzi were well kept. Everything in our studio suite was clean and in good repair. The deck was spacious and overlooked the stream. Desk staff was helpful. I look forward to my next visit.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the mountain side.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank mountainseashell
Nicole W, Director of Sales at Manor Vail Lodge, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thank you for your response! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your studio accommodations, property amenities & proximity to Vail Village. Please let us know if we can assist you with your next stay! We love to reward our past guests.
Nicole Whitaker
Director of Sales & Marketing
Basalt, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

My family stayed at Manor Vail last weekend for a wedding. The views of the fall colors from the room balcony were amazing, the rooms were fantastic, the staff was wonderful. We will stay here a gain!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review! We agree with you that Vail’s fall colors are truly amazing and Manor Vail’s location is perfect for taking in “Golden Peak” from your balcony. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Nicole Whitaker
Director of Sales & Marketing
Mesa, AZ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

This hotel is a great value in Vail, it is just a 5 minute walk from downtown, but is far enough away to feel secluded. The furniture is a bit dated, but there are nice flatscreen tv's in both the living room and bedroom, the kitchen & bathrooms were really nice. It is right next to the Betty Ford garden, the Ford Amphitheatre and the Vail Hiking trails.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Nicole W, General Manager at Manor Vail Lodge, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thank your feedback from your recent stay. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our location, we like it too. In terms of in room accommodations each unit is individually owned and decorated, we will be sure to pass on your thoughts to the owner.
Robert McCleary
kANSAS CITY, MISSOURI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

I stayed at Manor Vail after staying at the same place in Vail for over 16 years. I was a little nervous but everyone made me feel welcome from Irish the reservations manager, who answered all my questions, and even discussed the hot summer we've all had, to the servers in the breaskfast buffet sharing jokes back and forth about skiers and snowboarders. Every where I went on property, someone smiled and asked if I needed help. Since I was a solo and took Colorado Mountain Express (Manor Vail booked and I received a better price than on-line and it was offered to me, I didn't have to ask), I was given a ride to the grocery store. The front desk staff was exceptional and all were friendly. My condo was exceptional. It was perfect for me or a couple or a couple with a guest (pull out bed in living room). TV's in both bedroom and living room. King bed extremely comfortable, loved all the pillows, double sink in bathroom, updated granite counters and the same in the galley kitchen, fully equipped to cook, with all stainless appliances and VERY comfortable leather chair and ottoman and couch. BUT the choice made to stay here for me this visit was the discount I was offered and the proximity to Betty Ford Park for short walks for the rehabilitation of my knee. I was still able to walk from Golden Peak along the path through town down to Donovan Park with stops to sit on benches along the way but the beauty of Betty Ford Park and the dirt trail along the creek was enjoyable daily and easier for the short nature walks I needed and a shorter walk without the bus (even though very accessible right outside in front of Golden Peak) to town. I would stay here with my family because of added amenities they offer, i.e. breakfast, which I noticed families with small children really enjoying even more than me and the fact I was able to get a massage at their spa on site for my aches and pains from two knee surgeries in the last year and a half. Best of all I had a new view! I love looking at the slopes but to look at the mountain range unobstructed to the east and north of Vail was a delight. The most beautiful view I've had waking up in Vail! I would stay here again in a heart beat and especially when my granddaughter turns three it is right across the street from the ski school! Manor Vail proved to me you can leave what I called my "home away from home in Vail" and still find a "place called home." FYI since low season, didn't try Gore Restaurant but would have it was "season." I loved The Fitz and it's friendly staff, especially Aaron (sp?), who didn't mind waiting on the only person seated on a Monday night. They also had live music which I enjoyed from my condo which was close to the condo. I LOVED it here and now I have two places to call home in Vail!

Room Tip: It was unseasonably warm and I had an East facing condo facing the park and creek so the mornings an...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Broomfield
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2012

Wow! What an excellent job Lori/Front Desk Manager did of hooking me & my husband up! We had never been to Vail before, and she made us not want to go home. After a couple of conversations with me (she was very generous with her time), she got the perfect room for us. Eric & Blake/front desk were fabulous as well. Perfect location....just far enough way so it wasn't too loud, but not too remote. The view of the creek was amazing! Thank you! We will only stay here when we visit Vail.

Room Tip: Beautiful, beautiful view creekside.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the kind feedback on our location and staff. We have shared your comments with Lori and her team at the front desk and look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Robert McCleary