“POOR POOR POOR”

Ranked #7 of 40 Specialty Lodging in Vail
Horsham, PA
“POOR POOR POOR”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2012

We payed a platinum price for a disgusting unit. I do not reccomend this place. The accommadations were dirty and small. I rarely write review, but couldn't help myself. I didn't take my boots off the entire stay- the carpets, including the bathroom carpet was gross. Spend 5$ for a new bathroom mat.
There were many many other complaints. I went through Rocky Mountain Rentals for this unit and please don't use this service- they charge a fortune and didn't do a thing about it after I complained.

Room Tip: Don't use Rocky Mountain Rentals unless you like being taken advantage of.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank janismurph
ColoradoCourtney, General Manager at Landmark Condominiums, responded to this review, March 12, 2012
Our objective is for each of our guests to have an enjoyable vacation experience. I am so very sorry that we did not meet your expectations during your recent visit with us at the Landmark Condominiums. The condominium unit which you occupied received a platinum rating from the Vail Lodging Quality Assurance program, but I will look into the issues you mentioned. Thank you for bringing them to our attention.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2012

Great place, in a great location. Very convenient to shops in Lionshead, and just a short walk through town to the lifts.

My only "complaint", if you would call it that, was that my bedroom was on the back side facing I-70, and in the morning the noise from the highway (and from the plows on the pedestrian walk) would wake me early in the morning... but it wasn't terrible since it did help me get out on the slopes early.

My only suggestion would be to incorporate boot dryers in either the storage/locker room, or in the individual units.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2012

I recommend the Enzian in Lionshead for good service and comfortable stay.

Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank SandraP762
Washington DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2012

Great unit, but kind of weird that 1st floor shower doesnt have a holder for soap/shampoo. Water pressure not great in two of the showers. Location however can't be better. Recommend it other than the aformentioned annoyances.

• Stayed February 2012
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2012

Stayed here for a week in a 1 bedroom apartment (RM110) with 3 people. A great set up with the bunk beds in the alcove off the hallway, works perfectly with plenty of space. Housekeeping was brilliant each day and left them a nice tip to say thank you. Had a great view up the slopes, loved the kitchen and BBQ. The front desk staff were always helpful and answered any questions we had. Locker room was great downstairs, only a 3 minute walk after putting gear on to reach the base of the gondola. The hot tubs were great but maybe a little too hot!

If I am back in Vail I will definitely look to stay here again, was great value of money for the location and service.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Sam L
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2012

I stayed at Landmark Vail this past weekend. In the past, I have reserved rooms at various lodging establishments in both Eagle and Summit County for skiing. I wanted to share my wonderful experience here. I cannot wait to return next year!

The location is perfect; in the heart of Lionshead Village. We were within walking distance to the gondola, the shops, and also the local restaurants. At the end of the driveway there is a free bus system that takes you throughout the village. We did not have a vehicle during our vacation and it was never a problem. The Landmark even offered a free grocery shuttle and we were able to pick up food items from the local supermarket.

The staff was incredible and the front desk was very knowledgable about the local area and the best restaurants in town. Everybody was incredibly accomodating. I could not figure out the fireplace in the condo and maintenance was very helpful in assisting me.

Beautiful room, toasty fireplace, nice people. I love this place!

Room Tip: West tower was more recently remodeled.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank superskibum1
Minneapolis
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2012

This marks the first time that I have ever been so upset with my accommodations that I was compelled to share my terrible experience with others. DO NOT STAY AT THE LANDMARK IN VAIL.

The Landmark at Vail had HORRIBLE customer service. It began right off the bat when we arrived the front desk, the man was not friendly or inviting at all and seemed like we were inconveniencing him by merely checking in. Over looking that, we got our room keys and proceeded to our condo (# 202) where we immediately noticed that one bedroom had a king bed and the other had a set of twins. It clearly stated on our reservation 4 adults, and we requested 2 kings. I understand they cannot guarantee bed types, which would be fine if they were queens or even doubles, but nowhere on their website does it say that we would be stuck with 2 twin beds. We then went to the front desk to alert them of this and to see if there was anything they could do to help us fix the situation. This time a different guy attempted to help us (and again, it seemed we inconvenienced him to even inquire about this), his first attempt was “sorry, we cannot guarantee bed types, there’s nothing we can do.” We then returned to our condo, started to unpack and again feeling a very misled that our condo was not near as nice as those pictured our your website. We went back to the front desk again to see if there was anything they could do and after 30 min of discussion, we ended up just dealing with it (by dealing with it, I mean sleeping on the floor with 2 twin mattresses pushed together, which we had to do, because no one would even help us do that).

Lastly, the next morning at 8AM there was day-old coffee in the lobby. And the lobby was full of people waiting to be helped by the single person behind the front desk. These things are not that hard to get right.

To Recap here’s what to take away from the Landmark:
-Rude service at the front desk during check in
-Misled from the website on both bed types and condo appearance
-Terrible customer service when trying to address an issue with the patron
-Very poor quality beds, bedding, and pillows

We will never again stay at any Destination Resorts Property, nor will I ever recommend them to my friends and family.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank alip a
ColoradoCourtney, Manager at Landmark Condominiums, responded to this review, February 11, 2012
I apologize for your disappointment during your recent stay at the Landmark Condominiums. Destination Resorts Vail prides itself on our courteous, capable, committed guest service staff. I regret that your reservation request did not contain a specific request for double beds and most of our two bedroom condominiums offer a queen bed or larger in one bedroom, and two twin beds in the other bedroom. When my Executive Housekeeper met with someone in your party shortly after your arrival and discussed how the twin beds could be pushed together, we were was instructed to leave them as they were. We also offered another unit which would have fulfilled your bedding requests and you chose not to move. If you will give us the privilege of having you as our guest again, please call us direct, or take advantage of the ability to "Search & Select a Specific Unit" that is offered on our website. This will ensure that you get the specific unit you would like along with the all of the amenities that condominium has to offer. Again I apologize for your disappointment.